PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Coordinator has bad record....Merriman questionable for game

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2006, 12:30 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_473959.html

Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau has a track record for confounding inexperienced quarterbacks with a series of blitzes and hidden coverages. The Chargers' Philip Rivers, who will be making his fourth NFL start Sunday night, is destined to get an eyeful, according to Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who battles LeBeau's scheming in practice. "It's not fun as a third-year guy, let alone as a first-year (starter)," Roethlisberger said. "They're a fun defense to watch. I love watching those guys, the way they fly around and the way they make plays."

The Chargers added linebacker Shawne Merriman (Achilles') to their injury report Thursday, listing him as questionable. Merriman, the 2005 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, had 10 sacks last season and has four this season. He did not practice Thursday or Friday. San Diego added wide receiver/punt returner Eric Parker (hamstring) yesterday, listing him as questionable. Parker did not practice yesterday. The rest of the Chargers' injury report lists safety Bhawoh Jue (knee), offensive tackle Leander Jordan (neck) and tight end Ryan Krause (hamstring) as questionable. Jordan is a product of Indiana (Pa.) University.

The Steelers upgraded running back Najeh Davenport (calf) from questionable to probable yesterday. Cornerback Ricardo Colclough (neck) is out, and strong safety Troy Polamalu (shoulder) is probable.

Steelersfan
10-07-2006, 12:45 AM
None of this will matter when we roll on over the Chargers!!! Only thing that matters to me is we are pretty healthy right now and Coc isn't returning punts!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Only thing that matters to me is we are pretty healthy right now and Coc isn't returning punts!

:iagree: especially that last part ! :yesnod:

floodcitygirl
10-07-2006, 08:13 AM
I am so looking forward to seeing what Davenport can do. And a healthy Troy.....it doesn't get better than that! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
10-07-2006, 10:29 AM
:iagree: especially that last part ! :yesnod:

Yep, they won't know what hit em after Willie Reid returns a couple punts for TD's.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2006, 11:13 AM
wouldn't that just rock ! To see Reid come and start his first NFL game and return a punt for a TD! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Looks like we'll get 2 best in the league after all..

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/07/lights-out-merriman-takes-a-day-off-but-will-play-sunday/

AZ_Steeler
10-07-2006, 11:36 PM
wouldn't that just rock ! To see Reid come and start his first NFL game and return a punt for a TD! :tt02:

This would be awesome! :tt02: I'm really pulling for Reid to something good I just hope we haven't put to much pressure on him ;)

Merriman is one of those guys that you know will not miss a game, he'll be ready to play!

SteelerFan87
10-07-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm a bit disturbed by the fact that Polamalu is still on the injury report. When is his shoulder going to be 100%? We need a healthy Troy playing, not a 1 armed Troy.

AZ_Steeler
10-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Troy being on the unjured list is a ploy to sike out the Chargers :bigthumb: of course once Troy comes out this Sunday night and has his typical Troy night then he won't be on the report next week ;) IMO

Steelersfan
10-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Schottenheimer's coaching style was summed up perfectly by a Football Outsiders reader (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/10/03/extra-points/4330/#comment-168384) after the Ravens game: "Marty will take a bad team and make it good, and take a great team and make it good." That pretty much says it all.

This is too funny! I wonder who tutored BC in coaching....lol