PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: BlackGold4vr

AZ_Steeler
06-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
BlackGold4vr

Member Spotlight Questions:

How long have you been a Steeler fan? My whole life, as far back as I can remember. Born in 65 I was just old enough to have enjoyed watching every one of the Steelers Superbowls in the 70's.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? Born and raised in the Pittsburgh area. My dad moved around a lot when I was young but always around Western PA. A lot of my family were steel workers. Fell in love with the blue collar smash mouth team we had.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? I have a few. I love Hines Ward. I love that he gives as well as he takes and that no matter how hard he gets hit he always gets up smiling. Never let them see you hurt! Love Silverback. Love big hitters!

Why are they your favorite players? Toughness. No room for softness on the battlefield.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? Jack Lambert is my all-time favorite. He was the heart of the Steelers defense and was always one of the toughest SOB's on the field!

What is your favorite Steelers memory? Seeing the 70's Steelers at Latrobe after they had won their first Superbowl for spring training. I was just a kid and I looked at those guiys like they were the Spartans! Back then the linemean were even lean and muscular (and roided up). Today half of these guys look like they could be crawled under your kitchen sink with a plumbers snake and their *** hangin out of their pants. Bunch of fat slobs. LOL

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Nascar, MLB, NHL, NBA, PGA Tour, college football, college basketball, but Steeler football is by far #1.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? Was a member of CBS sportsline and hated it. Way too many jerks and haters who were there to cause trouble. It was impossible to have a decent thread without the trolls attacking. Blitzburgh Nation's wife found it for him and he invited me over here and I have been here since.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? Great place for people who are Steeler Addicts! I consider many of you to be like extended family.

What do you do for a living? I am a flight test engineer. I get to test things that go boom. Its a great job!

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I am a conservative! LOL Seriously, I don't dislike liberals even though I disagree with them about everything.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? Being a little argumentative. I am a Marine so its in my blood to stand my ground. We don't retreat!

What kind of car or truck do you drive? I drive an Xterra

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be? I would try to eat a little less red meat.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? I enjoy an occasional round of golf, playing with my crumb crunchers who are 5 and 4 years old.

Favorite TV show? I watch Cops and Forensic Files a lot. Could say I like to see justice served up!

Favorite video games? Don't have the time for them.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? My wife is a big fan too. She likes Troy Palamalu, go figure. LOL Kids are still being indoctrinated but will be Steeler fans and republicans if its the last thing I accomplish on this earth.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Hotwings, couple of cold beers, and room to pace.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? See above

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? None. Its still a dream of mine.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? Heinz Field. It has a lot more personality. Three Rivers was one of those cookie cutter stadiums that looked just like a dozen other stadiums.

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"? Immaculate Reception. Guess I'm a little old school.

susielr
06-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Very nice....thank you BlackGold4vr.

steelersgal86
06-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for sharing, very nice:yellowthumb: liked the crumb crunchers :lol:

NOVA STEELERS
06-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Nice Read......... Thanks for sharing :clap: :bightumb:

ejsteeler
06-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Good stuff, especially the Republican and your service!!!! :yellowthumb:
And yeah, the crumb crunchers was a new one for me, made me chuckle.:lol:

floodcitygirl
06-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Great interview. Thanks.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Nice read man, thanks for sharing with us.

Deb
06-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks for sharing and thank you for serving.

SteelCityMan786
07-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Great Interview and thanks for your service fellow Republican.

BlackGold4vr
07-01-2008, 08:51 AM
I want to thank everybody for all the kind words! It is the people like yourselves that make this site a special one. I'm glad that I belong! :helmet:

Bucsfan4ever
07-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Awesome interview...enjoyed it!!:yellowthumb:

SteelerBee43
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Great interview,thanks for sharing...:tt02: :yellowthumb: :clap:

SteelersWoman
07-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I laughed in a few places--I too loved the "crumb crunchers" lol

Really enjoyed that interview, thanks :)

BlitzburghNation
07-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Great Read~~~:bigthumb:

Loved the answer to this question !

Why are they your favorite players? Toughness. No room for softness on the battlefield.