PDA

View Full Version : Steelers "My Wish" to Air Sunday

Stlrs4Life
06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Steelers' 'My Wish' segment to air on ESPN

Akeem Havens played video games with Ben Roethlisberger and scored a touchdown during practice as part of the day the 14-year-old Flowery Branch, Ga., resident spent with the Steelers last month.

ESPN will air highlights from Havens' day with the Steelers on its 11 a.m. SportsCenter broadcast Sunday as part of its "My Wish" series. Havens, who's a quadriplegic, had requested to play video games with Roethlisberger, his favorite athlete, through the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The Steelers went beyond that, making Havens a member of the team for a day -- club chairman Dan Rooney presented him with a No. 1 jersey during a press conference -- and having him watch practice and eat lunch with the players and coaches at the team's South Side facility.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=9 (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_574871.html?source=rss&feed=9)

BlitzburghNation
06-27-2008, 11:27 PM
How cool would that be ~~~~~:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-29-2008, 11:12 AM
that kid had the time of his life being with the Steelers and on the practice field and everything, what a great way for the team to give back.

SteelerDan43
06-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Its just starting right now!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I'll have to check the schedule to see when its going to air again so I can record it, the kids are recording 2 shows and hogged up the DVR :(

stlrbum
06-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I just watched it and I will admit it made me teary eyed!

SteelersWoman
06-30-2008, 02:56 PM
I missed it! Hope they show it later in the day (or evening) as a re-run.

steelerschick1220
06-30-2008, 08:11 PM
It was a great story. I taped it last night and watched it, and I have to say, it made me very proud to be a fan of this team and of Ben. You can tell it meant a lot to that kid and he had the time of his life. I have it taped, so I can watch it when I want to!