PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 1 of 8 teams looking at Bentley

Stlrs4Life
06-27-2008, 11:15 PM
-28-year-old centers with two Pro Bowls on their resume are not easy to find, so even though he has not played in two seasons, LeCharles Bentley is being looked at by at least 8 teams, according to NFL.com .
-The website reports that Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco and Seattle are interested.

BlitzburghNation
06-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Heard a Clowns fan ,,,,,,Call in on sirius radio and was crying about bentley and he was :pray: ing that the steelers wouldn't get him ~~~~:haha:

K Train
06-27-2008, 11:42 PM
i think id be the happiest person ever. he was the best plain and simple, whether he can still be remains to be seen but wouldnt it be nice to have the best center in the league if he could bounce back? lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-27-2008, 11:58 PM
i think id be the happiest person ever. he was the best plain and simple, whether he can still be remains to be seen but wouldnt it be nice to have the best center in the league if he could bounce back? lol

I wouldn't mind the Steelers taking the risk to sign Bentley but it better be kind of cheap...Then if he bounces back and show he is on top of his game then work at a long term and more expensive deal...

steelcityrockers
06-28-2008, 01:04 AM
I would sign him to an incentive laden 1-year contract and hope like hell he could play that Left Guard.

K Train
06-28-2008, 01:07 AM
he made the probowl as a guard...i would just love to have some credibility on the line lol

JoeThomas
06-28-2008, 01:47 AM
my guess is the browns wouldnt have let him go for nothing if they felt he could start and play at a high level. even though they didnt need him, i cant see them just dumping him if he could start for the steelers or bengals or anyone. but its just a hunch

K Train
06-28-2008, 01:52 AM
i heard he passed the physical like he never got hurt, got cleared to practice....walked in and asked to be let go. I really think it was all done in a classy way, they werent the same browns he commited to 2 years ago....they didnt owe each other anything and just went in different directions

K Train
06-28-2008, 01:58 AM
between the hours of 7:43 and 8:51am we will recieve the vivid insight of my best friend steel58...he'll tell us whats up. i have a feeling hes gonna either be all for it or just say noooooooooo

JoeThomas
06-28-2008, 02:08 AM
i heard he passed the physical like he never got hurt, got cleared to practice....walked in and asked to be let go. I really think it was all done in a classy way, they werent the same browns he commited to 2 years ago....they didnt owe each other anything and just went in different directions

well he practiced one day then the next came in and said that. i dont doubt he passed it well. but playing is different then anything else. until he does it on the field i wont beleive it. i hoped we kept him. i didnt like it. if anything trade him. you already gave him 16 mill

Mark B.
06-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Bentley showed more heart in even trying to come back than K2 ever did. I think the Brownies did their homework on the O Line and they didn't need him anymore. He passed the physical, but didn't he ask for his release?

If healthy he could be a really good fit, I hope he could hold up. His hard work during the comeback needs to be respected.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-28-2008, 11:15 PM
At this point I'd say get him in here if he'd be willing to do no more than a 2 yr deal and see how it works out. Right now with Stapleton & Hartwig as the main Centers on the roster plus Mahan having experience :rolleyes: he'll be in some good competition for a spot on the team but if he's fully recovered he shouldn't have a problem showing up anybody behind Hartwig.

HUNT4SEVEN
06-29-2008, 01:05 AM
my guess is the browns wouldnt have let him go for nothing if they felt he could start and play at a high level. even though they didnt need him, i cant see them just dumping him if he could start for the steelers or bengals or anyone. but its just a hunch

well u don't know the clowns then:hilarious:they do it all the time, i would love 2 get him he will sign either with us or the bungels cause he pissed off at the clowns i say we sign him.

Stairwayto7
06-29-2008, 01:36 AM
He passed the browns physical, that isn`t saying much, they had everything to gain by making sure he passed, if he failed they would have to pay another year. Now they hope somebody does sign him, and they can be done with him!

Fan Of STEEL
06-29-2008, 06:57 AM

You have not paid much attention to the browns and the decisions they have made for the past decade then.

K Train
06-30-2008, 03:30 AM
we let legursky go this week and i think stapleton is a bum so this might happen.

I wish out of kemo, simmons, essex, stapleton, mahan we could get like one decent player lol

steelcitysfinestXL
06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
I say keep Chris-K, Simmons, Hartwig, Colon and get Bently... go into camp and have a 5 man battle to see who our starting middle 3 is! I wouldnt mind any Combo of Chris K,Hartwig,Bently and Colon... Any 3 of them would make for a BEASTLY combo if played to potential!!! Bently is a straight monster and i pray we can pick him up at a good price!!!

ohiosteelersfan
07-02-2008, 12:56 PM
If the Steelers try to sign Bentley when do you think it will happen? Anyone have any updates on this?

dawgs
07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
-Bentley grew up a browns fan, so The steelers might have to over play for him.

-bentley did pass his physical, then asked for a release.

-Browns O-line is so stacked, he would not have even played, So I don't mind him leaving.

-60 minute man, bentley is not mad at the browns, He wanted a release because the browns had to build without him because of the 2 year injury. You can't blame the browns.

-fan of steel- Im guessing you have not heard of a guy named phil savage?? he is one of the best Gm's in this game today. He has also turned the browns completely around.

Captcoolhand
07-02-2008, 03:32 PM
-

-fan of steel- Im guessing you have not heard of a guy named phil savage?? he is one of the best Gm's in this game today. He has also turned the browns completely around.
He Has no choice if he want's to keep a job. It's not Randy Lerners ever around. Hell, they are probably in Long Island as we speak talking Soccer.:stirpot:

K Train
07-02-2008, 11:03 PM

-Browns O-line is so stacked, he would not have even played, So I don't mind him leaving.

-60 minute man, bentley is not mad at the browns, He wanted a release because the browns had to build without him because of the 2 year injury. You can't blame the browns.

browns oline isnt that stacked to keep a player like bentley on the bench

TEEMONT
07-02-2008, 11:43 PM

Who the **** plays C that is better than Bentley?

I say the Steelers sign him and immediately kill Mahan.

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Hank Fraley.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-03-2008, 06:54 AM
The only reason Mahan is still on this roster other than his salary would be the fact that he can technically play both Center and Guard and the Steelers have always liked those versatile of offensive lineman. Although saying Mahan can "play center" is a term used VERY loosely.

ohiosteelersfan
07-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Does anyone have any updates on Bentley? With all teams reporting to training camp this week I keep expecting to hear some news on Bentley signing somewhere. The last report I read simply stated his agent was sifting through a number of offers. I do find it interesting that Tomlin stated Mahan is going to be competing to play center, not guard, and Bentley has stated he wants to play guard.