PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward Debuts Limited Edition Cell Phone

SteelerBee43
06-27-2008, 02:22 AM
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers Hines Ward and Cricket Wireless are bringing black and gold fans a new cell phone option. Cricket Wireless is the exclusive carrier of the official Hines Ward MotoRAZR V3a.

The phone comes with Ward's signature, a Steelers logo, Ward ringtones, wallpaper and a certificate of authenticity. The complete package is available for a limited time for $299.99. For an additional fee, consumers can add Hines Ward ringback tones.

The ringtone says, "Yo, it's Hines Ward. Your phone’s ringing. Do you want to catch it or do you want it to go to voicemail?"

"I'm a gadget guy anyway, so I love cell phones. But to have your own phone, your own ring tone with your signature and the Steelers logo on the back -- it's a collector's item for a lot of fans," said Ward.

Cricket kicked off the exclusive release of the phone Steelers'-style with black and gold tailgate parties at Cricket retailers across the Pittsburgh region.

The Ward cell phone is only available through local Cricket corporate and premier dealer locations in Pittsburgh. A portion of the proceeds from all sales will support the Hines Ward Helping Hands Foundation, a Fund of the Pittsburgh Foundation created in 2006, which helps mixed-race children like Ward himself in South Korea where they suffer discrimination on a daily basis.

http://www.wpxi.com/pittsburgh_steelers/14460484/detail.html

BlitzburghNation
06-27-2008, 02:37 AM
Guess what you can get me for an early x-mas present Flea :popcorn:

Forged in Steel
06-27-2008, 03:26 AM
But why $299.99 + tax?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-27-2008, 06:57 AM
But why $299.99 + tax?
Partly because his name is on it but also because the motorazr v3 is newest thing out in the razr line.

steelersgal86
06-27-2008, 08:46 AM
But why $299.99 + tax?

That actually seems pretty cheap to me :dunno:

I can get his ring tone on my phone or the wall paper...I dont have it...but that would be good enough for me

PsychoWard
06-27-2008, 09:17 AM
That actually seems pretty cheap to me :dunno:

I can get his ring tone on my phone or the wall paper...I dont have it...but that would be good enough for me

exactly then go buy a .10 steelers sticker and your all set.

steelersgal86
06-27-2008, 09:40 AM
exactly then go buy a .10 steelers sticker and your all set.

You cant forget the signature though...

PsychoWard
06-27-2008, 09:45 AM
You cant forget the signature though...

I'll sign it for you!

steelersgal86
06-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I'll sign it for you!

:nono::nono: Not the same then it would only be worth 2.99

Captcoolhand
06-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Partly because his name is on it but also because the motorazr v3 is newest thing out in the razr line.
This is the exact phone I am using now......:yesnod: Trust me, there's nothing really that spectacular about it. it has survived a few trips to the toilet....:haha:

floodcitygirl
06-27-2008, 11:18 AM
May seem over the top but I have to admit I'd like Hines Ward telling me my phone's ringing. lol

steelersgal86
06-27-2008, 11:24 AM
May seem over the top but I have to admit I'd like Hines Ward telling me my phone's ringing. lol

That is the one I can get on my phone..and I thought about it before..but it is actually not that loud...so I passed :dunno:

Stlrs4Life
06-27-2008, 06:45 PM
:nono::nono: Not the same then it would only be worth .29

There, fixed it for ya.:tt02:

K Train
06-27-2008, 07:10 PM
hes this ****ing broke? he got that huge contract and then goes bankrupt on his resturaunt and now launches a phone? whats with this dude

Captcoolhand
06-27-2008, 07:26 PM
hes this ****ing broke? he got that huge contract and then goes bankrupt on his resturaunt and now launches a phone? whats with this dude
It's all in his native land :duuno:

steelersgal86
06-28-2008, 09:15 AM
There, fixed it for ya.:tt02:

Thanks....that is better :yellowthumb:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

This is the exact phone I am using now......:yesnod: Trust me, there's nothing really that spectacular about it. it has survived a few trips to the toilet....:haha:

You must not be good at those games you play while on the toilet huh :dunno:

TampaSteelGirl
07-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Never even heard of Cricket wireless? Is that up in PA?

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Well i guess he is getting divorced! I guess his wife took it all!!!