PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bradshaw admits to steroid use

K Train
06-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw said in a radio interview with Dan Patrick last week that he used steroids during the 1970s, when he was leading the Pittsburgh Steelers to four Super Bowl titles. Bradshaw indicated that he obtained the steroids with a doctor's prescription, and that his primary motivation in using them was to recover from injuries, not to build muscle. "We did steroids to get away the aches and the speed of healing," Bradshaw said. "My use of steroids from a doctor was to speed up injury, and thought nothing of it. ... It was to speed up the healing process, that was it. It wasn't to get bigger and stronger and faster."
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/23/terry-bradshaw-says-he-used-steroids/

no wonder he was the unquestioned best thats ever graced the position

JoeThomas
06-23-2008, 11:15 PM

oh i think there are alot of questions to that statement. just goes to show steroids dont help everyone...hehe:bluelol::bluelol:

K Train
06-23-2008, 11:17 PM
i hope you picked up the extreme sarcasm there.....

TEEMONT
06-23-2008, 11:19 PM

Just imagine how awesome he woulda been if we woulda had TODAYS steroids.

Lambert will be the next to admit it.....

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

i hope you picked up the extreme sarcasm there.....

think about that....you're dealing with someone more dense than lead.....

Black@Gold Forever32
06-24-2008, 12:32 AM
No real shocker here.....Steroid use was common place in the NFL in the 70s/80s.....I'm willing to bet that most players today use the juice...I don't care really...I still watch regardless.....

Thats why I think its total BS that people want to keep Barry Bonds out of the Hall of Fame....

This is now two members of the great 70s Steelers teams who are in the Hall of Fame that have confessed to using the juice...Mike Webster and Terry Bradshaw...There is probably more.....

TEEMONT
06-24-2008, 12:47 AM
No real shocker here.....Steroid use was common place in the NFL in the 70s/80s.....I'm willing to bet that most players today use the juice...I don't care really...I still watch regardless.....

Thats why I think its total BS that people want to keep Barry Bonds out of the Hall of Fame....

This is now two members of the great 70s Steelers teams who are in the Hall of Fame that have confessed to using the juice...Mike Webster and Terry Bradshaw...There is probably more.....

**** barry bonds and his huge melon....lol

K Train
06-24-2008, 12:54 AM
i just want an asterick next to bradshaws INCREDIBLE +2 TD/INT ratio

Black@Gold Forever32
06-24-2008, 01:05 AM
So its ok for former Steelers to use steroids?....But when its Barry Bonds then its **** Barry Bonds and his huge melon...lol

My point is if you keep Bonds or even Big Mac out...Then you better throw out every Hall of Fame player that used that made it already.......

K Train
06-24-2008, 01:10 AM
im pro steroids in all cases, i think it makes quality television when your athletes are all the biggest, strongest, fastest people alive lol

and in tees defense he never said it was ok for steelers to use steroids, were just saying how incredibly awesome they made him lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-24-2008, 01:16 AM
im pro steroids in all cases, i think it makes quality television when your athletes are all the biggest, strongest, fastest people alive lol

Dude I don't care who uses steroids at all...I just ask this question for all the Barry haters out there...I had this debate many times on Steelers Fever last year when Barry was chasing Hank......There was ton of **** Barry that roid user over there...But I would ask it was alright for Mike Webster or any other Steelers player to use them?...They wouldn't answer...lol...I just find it funny that as more time goes on more players confess...lol....Thats why I don't knock the Pats to much for Spy Gate...I might make a joke here and there about them...But if Steelers fans think the Pats Dynasty is tarnished then the Steelers Dynasty in the 70s is just as tarnished...lol

I hate hypocrites....So any Steelers fans that knock a player like Bonds for juicing but will defend Bradshaw or Webster is a hypocritical.....I don't care if Bonds or Bradshaw used...I'm just tired of hearing all the BS....It was a witch hunt on Barry Bonds and a total crock....

Koopa
06-24-2008, 02:01 AM
i think all players should take it, it would even out the playing field and make every hit more vicious

K Train
06-24-2008, 02:04 AM
word!!!!!!!!! quality television

steelcityrockers
06-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Just imagine how awesome he woulda been if we woulda had TODAYS steroids.

My thoughts exactly.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-24-2008, 10:48 AM
It would foolish to think that players of other decades weren't susceptible to the pressures of performance and using steroids just like players of today are. Substance abuse is substance abuse no matter how you look at it but in a case like Terry's when it's used to just control pain and its given by your doctor you can understand a little more of why some had to use. That doesn't excuse the abuse that so many players were into with them and unfortunately when you start taking them for even a medical reason you can get hooked. Brett Favre is another example.

TEEMONT
06-24-2008, 11:30 AM
All I know is Matt Jones has no reason to take roids......

K Train
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
matt muthafukin jones sells his own **** as steroids

ejsteeler
06-24-2008, 03:04 PM
The key words are "steroid use" and "illegal steroid use". Legal and illegal is all that matters as far as records and what not. I would be willing to bet the vast majority of older players had steroids of some kind either used on them or used by them. It simply was not a big deal. It managed pain and sped healing as Mr. B said. Not until the later 70's did they realize the "other" uses and begin to really fill up on them. It was simply a side-effect at first.

Legal and illegal is all that matters. Anyone, and I mean anyone, that did them illegally should not be in the record books. :stirpot:

K Train
06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
theres loads of legal steroids today that are banned in pro sports, so legal and illegal are not all that matters....HGH is legal, but you cant use it if your an athlete. I love steroids, but speeding up healing is just as guilty as wanting to get bigger

SteelersWoman
06-24-2008, 04:11 PM
If a doctor gives you somethin, (especially that many years ago) chances are you're gonna take it--especially if they say it'll help you heal quicker. And since an M.D. prescribed it, [I'm sure] in his mind it wasn't like takin somethin off the street.

K Train
06-24-2008, 04:18 PM
If a doctor gives you somethin, (especially that many years ago) chances are you're gonna take it--especially if they say it'll help you heal quicker. And since an M.D. prescribed it, [I'm sure] in his mind it wasn't like takin somethin off the street.

doesnt matter....theres steroids that are meant for poison ivy and some that are for asthma....you would get a 4 game suspension for it and not be able to compete in the olympics lol. Steroids that are legal in life are banned in ro sports its just the way it is

SteelerBee43
06-24-2008, 04:19 PM

:ditto: :iagree:

SteelerDan43
06-24-2008, 05:33 PM
doesnt matter....theres steroids that are meant for poison ivy and some that are for asthma....you would get a 4 game suspension for it and not be able to compete in the olympics lol. Steroids that are legal in life are banned in ro sports its just the way it is

You do realize things as simple as caffeine are barred in the Olympics and NCAA competition, no joke drinking a red bull before competition would make you test hot... Now if your dumb enough to drink a red bull before you play thats another story...

K Train
06-24-2008, 05:39 PM
i love steroids, i really do but taking them to heal faster makes you just as guilty as taking them to beef up. you cant pick sides there, both are enhancing you in some way so you cant defend bradshaw and bash merriman is what im trying to say

SteelerDan43
06-24-2008, 05:45 PM
i love steroids, i really do but taking them to heal faster makes you just as guilty as taking them to beef up. you cant pick sides there, both are enhancing you in some way so you cant defend bradshaw and bash merriman is what im trying to say

Im not defending him, taking steroids is and was wrong... At that point I don't think they had a solid idea of what they were putting in their bodies, we did not know as much as they do now. It became to big of an issue and we have decided to eradicate it from the game... Do I think Merriman's offense was worse than Bradshaw? Yes, Merriman knows full well whats going on, what steroids do, and the ramifications of their use in todays sports... I don't think any of those existed during Bradshaw's time

K Train
06-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Im not defending him, taking steroids is and was wrong... At that point I don't think they had a solid idea of what they were putting in their bodies, we did not know as much as they do now. It became to big of an issue and we have decided to eradicate it from the game... Do I think Merriman's offense was worse than Bradshaw? Yes, Merriman knows full well whats going on, what steroids do, and the ramifications of their use in todays sports... I don't think any of those existed during Bradshaw's time

yeah there were, anabolic steroids used to be bigger and faster were around and most players took them...

they should all just be legalized in sports anyway

SteelerDan43
06-24-2008, 05:58 PM
yeah there were, anabolic steroids used to be bigger and faster were around and most players took them...

they should all just be legalized in sports anyway

I think your misunderstanding what I am saying, I understand that anabolic steroids existed. What I am saying is that I don't think at that point anyone truly knew the long term effects of taking them, which is the main reason I think they should stay illegal.

K Train
06-24-2008, 06:08 PM
oh right, they didnt know the long term effects, but they did know what they were taking them for....i gotcha

BlitzburghNation
06-24-2008, 06:54 PM

E X A C T L Y,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Great Post SW ~~~~ :clap:

K Train
06-24-2008, 07:19 PM
there is just no winning with you people lol

SteelerDan43
06-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Likewise....

K Train
06-24-2008, 07:21 PM
not you lol

terry bradshaw could admit to burning down a hospital full of sick infants after brutally beating and raping hundreds of women, he could steal from the homeless while smoking crack and someone on here would still justify it somehow lol

TEEMONT
06-24-2008, 08:19 PM

b/c they are so busy giving each other oral....

great post!

I agree!!!!

tools....

Black@Gold Forever32
06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
not you lol

terry bradshaw could admit to burning down a hospital full of sick infants after brutally beating and raping hundreds of women, he could steal from the homeless while smoking crack and someone on here would still justify it somehow lol

:lol:.....Post of the year by far....

steelcityrockers
06-24-2008, 08:54 PM

Small-Town (Or Western Pennsylvania City) Close-Mindedness. Living in a Town with a Population of 500ish, I have gotten used to it.

And K that was a great post lol.

Steelerlyn
06-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Not that what Bradshaw did was okay, but then steroids were common in the NFL. Not everyone understood how bad they were to a person's health. Maybe the Steelers set the pace, but they were used by many players (see Oakland Raiders). Steelers have paid a price - many have died young.

What's wrong is wrong, but let's face it, we did not have the same understanding of steroids then as we do today. In fact, a good portion of the NFL was using much worse things (see Hollywood Henderson of the Cowboys, who admitted to having a bag of coke stuffed in his football pants DURING the Super Bowl against the Steelers. (See link)
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE0D8153DF934A1575BC0A9619482 60
Not sure I blame a QB too much for taking a "performance enhancing substance" when there are coke adicts trying to knock his head off.

K Train
06-24-2008, 10:08 PM
:lol:.....Post of the year by far....

Small-Town (Or Western Pennsylvania City) Close-Mindedness. Living in a Town with a Population of 500ish, I have gotten used to it.

And K that was a great post lol.

its a special feeling when you get the window of opportunity to type something like that....thank you for your support lol

BlitzburghRockCity
06-24-2008, 10:29 PM
some fans are realists no matter who the person is and they don't care if it's a superstar or not..others feel that those in "superstar" roles are more justified in doing things that others aren't; some that are in the middle, others feel circumstances dictate perception, etc. It's just the nature of people being different and what makes debating so great. Just remember, don't knock somebody down just because their opinion might be "homerish" to you when in fact it's not to others. :yellowthumb:

I don't think Terry is exempt from criticism on this or any other topic just because he's a Steeler legend but Im certainly not going to burn him at the stake for taking performance enhancing drugs if they were prescribed by his doctor for good reason, conversely If he abused them then he's no better than anyone else.

Koopa
06-24-2008, 11:34 PM
bringing up what we know now about long term effects of steroids is retarded

even though they didn't know what we know now, they did know that if they took them it would make them stronger.......... so bradshaw knew damn well he was cheating........

but who cares, like i said, they should all take steroids now, **** their health, i pay to see them perform now, not have long healthy lives

TEEMONT
06-25-2008, 01:15 AM
but who cares, like i said, they should all take steroids now, **** their health, i pay to see them perform now, not have long healthy lives

lol...ur such a douche...i ****ing love it...

K Train
06-25-2008, 01:21 AM
i totally agree though lol im a terrible person

TEEMONT
06-25-2008, 01:25 AM
i totally agree though lol im a terrible person

but its only b/c u think terry bradshaw isnt the greatest QB ever....lol

SteelerSteve
06-26-2008, 05:36 PM
All I know is Matt Jones has no reason to take roids......
Well, when you are the face of the NFL with superhuman football ability, then of course steroids would be pointless. On the other hand though, if you think about how great Bradshaw and Lambert would have been if they had the chance to use modern steroids and training methods, along with mentoring from Matt Jones its almost impossible to fathom the awesomness that our 70's team would have achieved. Can you say "one for both thumbs?"

steelcityrockers
06-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Matt Jones's turds are more valuable then all the gold in the National Reserve.