PDA

View Full Version : Which playoff team from 2007 has the toughest road ahead in '08?

Captcoolhand
06-17-2008, 05:41 PM
The Giants will have it tough, for sure. It's never easy being the champs, and the NFC East should be particularly competitive. But no team has it tougher than Mike Tomlin's Pittsburgh Steelers.

A mere glance at their 2008 schedule can send shivers down the spine.

In a seven-week span starting in late October, Pittsburgh takes on the Super Bowl champion Giants, the NFC wild-card qualifying Redskins, the AFC South champion Colts, the AFC West champion Chargers, the rival Bengals, the AFC champion Patriots, and the NFC East champion Cowboys. Umm ... in a row! That's downright horrifying.
Steel Curtain fans expecting big things in Year 2 of the Tomlin Era may need to be patient, because that schedule is enough to keep even the strongest of teams out of the playoffs.
Can you say champions...:eyecrazy: :banging:

Gee, why didn't they just have us play the NFC West, South champions too and just call it a year.:evilshake:

I just hope this season doesn't have us looking like the Clowns of the past 10 years...:duh:

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
wow, well its definitley gonna be tough but out of those six teams named if we could make it through that stretch at least 3-3 I think we'll be okay. I hope:crossfingers:

JensK
06-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Half of those teams may fail badly. Its impossible to say. Personally, i think its just a question on our self. I mean, we could have beaten both NE and Jax. last year, but WE messed it up. We gave up big plays etc. etc. So if we can quit fooling around at important times, we have a good chance at beating all of these teams.

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 07:03 PM
I honestly think after looking at the schedule 11-5 is not an unreasonable prediction(well not unreasonable to other record predictions at least lol)

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 08:55 PM
I say 9-7 through 11-5 is a solid guess. Any of those could win the division with every team (trust me here) improving.

K Train
06-17-2008, 09:02 PM
i say we make a run at 16-0 and lose in the superbowl to the falcons

Koopa
06-17-2008, 09:24 PM
well at least we'll have a shot at adding oher

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 09:45 PM
My Awesome predicition that will never, ever, happen.

Steelers trade Willie Parker, Hines Ward, Troy Polomalu, and their 1st and 2nd Round draft picks to move up and get Oher, unless we fail miserably this year and can trade less or simply select him. Yes that is losing a lot, but nothing that can't be replaced...if only there was a desperate trade partner (Raiders for name recognition maybe?)

K Train
06-17-2008, 11:54 PM
yeah im not a ward, troy or willie fan, in fat i hate troy but thats giving up an awful lot lol. Id be cool with getting another first round pick and getting andre smith and tyson jackson

or maybe we just lose enough games to get oher

Black@Gold Forever32
06-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Can you say champions...:eyecrazy: :banging:

Gee, why didn't they just have us play the NFC West, South champions too and just call it a year.:evilshake:

I just hope this season doesn't have us looking like the Clowns of the past 10 years...:duh:

You do know the schedule rotates every year....It baffles me that people are so shocked at the schedule process....It just sucks that we have to play the NFC East and AFC South this year.....Just happens those were two of the toughest divisions last year....Since we won the AFC North we have to play the other two division winners from the other two remaining AFC divisions...So thats why we play the Chargers and the Pats....Not that hard to figure out...lol

Next year we play the NFC North and AFC West......Then our 6 division games....Then again depending on were we finish in our division that will determine on who we play in the AFC South and AFC East next year..If we win the division again this year then we will probably play the Colts or Jags...Since one of those two teams will probably win the AFC South...The Pats will win the AFC East again so if we win the North we will play them again....If we finish second then we will play the second place teams from those division...Then if 3rd the 3rd place teams...If 4th the 4th place teams....Its not rocket science....

BlitzburghNation
06-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Not really bitching about our schedule,,,,,,,,,,Just like B&G32 said,that's the way it falls,,,,,,,,,Already pre-determined !!!!!

IMO,,,,,,,,If we get through this season at 10-6 or 11-5,,,,,We should be a tough out in the play-offs,,,,,,,,Who knows we might even win that 6th title~~~~:towelwave:

Forged in Steel
06-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Definitely not the Patriots that's for sure.