PDA

View Full Version : Broccoli Salad

BlitzburghRockCity
06-16-2008, 12:44 AM
This is one of my favorite side dishes and it's so easy to make. Even if you've had this from a grocery store salad bar or somewhere else you owe it to yourself to try this recipe.

Ingredients:

bacon ( pre cooked kind that you microwave is the easiest to use )
shredded cheddar cheese
4 broccoli crowns
red onion
mayo ( real mayo not miracle whip )
sugar
red wine vinegar

Mix together:

Cut up the broccoli into real small bite size pieces and put it into a decent size container, preferably one that has a lid so you can shake everything up when you're done.

2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese ( add more if you like a lot of cheese )

dice up 1/4 of a red onion. very fine, diced up, tiny pieces. You don't need too much so that's why you only use 1/4 on an onion.

cook approx. 6 strips of bacon and break them up into small pieces. (again you can add more bacon if you like)

put on the lid and shake it around for a few seconds to mix everything up.

the dressing:

in a mixing bowl add:

3 TBLSP of red whine vinegar
3 TBLSP of sugar
1/2 cup of mayo

mix it all together till it's nice and creamy and then pour it over the broccoli.

put the lid back on and shake it around for a bit till it's all mixed up. If you find you need more dressing just repeat the above steps. you don't want the broccoli to be swimming in the dressing but you do want it all to be coated. we usually add a second batch of dressing because the broccoli soaks up the first batch pretty quick.

refrigerate for 1 hour and that's it. Remember to keep it refrigerated or else it will go bad.

enjoy !!!

SteelerBee43
06-16-2008, 12:52 AM
I love this stuff,I usually buy it the grocery store deli because Sam hates brocolli...:yellowthumb:

steelersgal86
06-16-2008, 06:06 AM
Thanks for posting this...didnt realize it is that easy to make...this is one of my favorites also...I will try this...:yellowthumb:

PsychoWard
06-16-2008, 11:25 AM
that sounds great!!! great for pinics!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-16-2008, 03:06 PM
one of the good things about it is you can make a little or a lot very easily. We make it for all the family picnics and usually always have some in the fridge for a quick snack or lunches for work, etc.

steelersgal86
06-16-2008, 03:47 PM
one of the good things about it is you can make a little or a lot very easily. We make it for all the family picnics and usually always have some in the fridge for a quick snack or lunches for work, etc.

well there you go...just send me some and then I dont have to make it:greengrin:

SteelersWoman
06-18-2008, 04:50 PM
I love this stuff, that's why I hate to make it very often lol

BlitzburghRockCity
06-18-2008, 11:01 PM
I just finished off the last of what we had today :lol: the wife was griping because I took the last little bit to work.