PDA

View Full Version : Is Cleveland Going To Win Our Division?

Steelerlyn
06-13-2008, 10:35 AM
They've got us at 9-7...

...and Cleveland winning the division at 10-6

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=20080611

TEEMONT
06-13-2008, 10:44 AM
no....

steelersgal86
06-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Hell NO

ejsteeler
06-13-2008, 10:51 AM
They're going to end up self-destructing.

AZ_Steeler
06-13-2008, 11:31 AM
They will win the division when pigs fly!

memphissteelergirl
06-13-2008, 11:39 AM
They look good on paper, and I think they will improve this coming season, and I dare say, give us a bit of a fight, but we still take the division. :tt02:

Stairwayto7
06-13-2008, 11:48 AM
How can they win it, if we do?

They beat one team with a .500+ record last season. Anderson started self destructing late in the year. They have a tougher schedule. 7-9 for the browns. Write it down.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-13-2008, 11:49 AM
We all knew this was coming; last year they said we'd suck and won the division. 3 years ago they said we'd finish last in the division and we won the super bowl. for every prognosticating magazine that says we'll suck there's another one that says we'll win the division. I was just reading one yesterday that said exactly that.

The division will be tough this year, no cake walk for sure but Cleveland is in for a rude awakening when they now have to play a schedule that's more tough than any they've had to face in the last 10+ years.

steelersgal86
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
We all knew this was coming; last year they said we'd suck and won the division. 3 years ago they said we'd finish last in the division and we won the super bowl. for every prognosticating magazine that says we'll suck there's another one that says we'll win the division. I was just reading one yesterday that said exactly that.

The division will be tough this year, no cake walk for sure but Cleveland is in for a rude awakening when they now have to play a schedule that's more tough than any they've had to face in the last 10+ years.

How can they win it, if we do?

They beat one team with a .500+ record last season. Anderson started self destructing late in the year. They have a tougher schedule. 7-9 for the browns. Write it down.

They look good on paper, and I think they will improve this coming season, and I dare say, give us a bit of a fight, but we still take the division. :tt02:

i agree with all of these statements....

The clowns might improve this year but that does not mean they are winning the division :nono::nono:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-13-2008, 12:30 PM
The clowns fans think they are God's gift to the NFL and they are destined to win the AFCN and get back to the super bowl :lol: Ok guys, stay in your dream world while the rest of the big boys in the NFL play some real football :lol:

no offense to our resident cleveland fans :reddevil:

AZ_Steeler
06-13-2008, 12:47 PM
The other thing to keep in mind is usually a team has a big uprise one year and then the next year they completely tank! What happens is they build a team that is slightly better than mediocre and based on their schedule they play all the bottom dweller teams because of where they placed in their division the prior year. So when you build a team that is slighty better than the crappy teams and you steam roll them all then your win loss record dos not properly reflect who they really are. So the next year they end up playing teams that are way out of their league and are brought back down to planet earth. Case in point: Bengals! They won the division a couple years back then played all the other division winners the following year and was just steam rolled!!!

SteelfordWexler
06-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Every team in the AFCN has question marks. Cleveland was obviously aggressive in free agency and they were close last year - so they are an easy pick for the talking heads.

But I believe Anderson hasn't proven he is a player yet. He disapeared late last year - And -although they addressed the defensive front, their secondary looks like they can give up a lot of plays. Not to mention, their best player is crying about his contract. They may be very good, but then again, they may actually be the Browns again.

K Train
06-13-2008, 01:09 PM
they will lose 10 games

:markit:

steelcitysfinestXL
06-13-2008, 01:45 PM
8-8 losing to us twice and once to Indy,dal,SD,NYG,NE and jville! Now they will know what its like to play a contenders schedule.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
06-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Yea i can't see them winning the division..they'll be a decent team, but no powerhouse division winner. Derek Anderson's bubble will more than likely pop this year, and i can't see Jamal Lewis repeating his performance from last year.But then again every year is different and who knows who will be where when all the dust settles.As long as we win our division again i could care less where the Clowns end up.:helmet:

steelcityrockers
06-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I don't think they will win the division, though it will be pretty close imo.

TEEMONT
06-13-2008, 10:08 PM
The clowns fans think they are God's gift to the NFL and they are destined to win the AFCN and get back to the super bowl :lol: Ok guys, stay in your dream world while the rest of the big boys in the NFL play some real football :lol:

no offense to our resident cleveland fans :reddevil:

get back? dont u have to get there to get back?

Stairwayto7
06-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Damn! I`m going to agree with Teemont, not only did they not get there! What did they do, won 8 games against sub .500 teams? Wow!

TEEMONT
06-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Damn! I`m going to agree with Teemont,

welcome to the light....lol

steelcityrockers
06-14-2008, 12:07 AM
You will never convert me lol.

BlitzburghNation
06-14-2008, 12:33 PM
:haha: This thread should've been in comedy central :haha:

PsychoWard
06-14-2008, 12:51 PM
:haha: This thread should've been in comedy central :haha:

lmao now thats what I'm talking about!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

and No they will not take the division!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stairwayto7
06-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Think about the title to this thread "OUR" division!

HUNT4SEVEN
06-15-2008, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=memphissteelergirl;210602]They look good on paper, and I think they will improve this coming season, and I dare say, give us a bit of a fight, but we still take the division. :tt02:[/QUOTE well said i agree 100% they only have 2 games different from us, they r not that good yet......

Steel58
06-16-2008, 09:25 AM
The stains will not win the division:cope:

steelcityrockers
06-16-2008, 01:22 PM
So cocky is everyone.

Have we forgotten their explosive offense led by a wondorously talented OLine, a devestating Receiving corps, a solid veteran RB, and a Passer who, though streaky, has had many moments of brilliance? Not to mention the vastly improved Defense, save for a thin secondary.

K Train
06-16-2008, 01:37 PM
So cocky is everyone.

Have we forgotten their explosive offense led by a wondorously talented OLine, a devestating Receiving corps, a solid veteran RB, and a Passer who, though streaky, has had many moments of brilliance? Not to mention the vastly improved Defense, save for a thin secondary.

i wouldnt call putting shaun rogers at NT a great idea or vastly improving anything. letting bodden go and losing the rest of the guys to injury or the law hurt bad, anderson is sporatic at best, stallworth doesnt make any team better, hes a career #3 and has never been special

TampaSteelGirl
06-16-2008, 02:03 PM
NO!!!!! This year will show what they are made of when they have to play hard teams!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Think about the title to this thread "OUR" division!

Exactly!!!! :tt02::yellowthumb:

steelcurtaingal
06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Depends, are they in a new division or something? cause if not then.....
Nope

steelcityrockers
06-16-2008, 06:23 PM
i wouldnt call putting shaun rogers at NT a great idea or vastly improving anything. letting bodden go and losing the rest of the guys to injury or the law hurt bad, anderson is sporatic at best, stallworth doesnt make any team better, hes a career #3 and has never been special

Stallworth paired with Edwards, Winslow, and Jerevicious (how the f*ck is his name spelled?) gives them a very nice foursome. They had no true deep threat prior to his sigining. Plus you throw Travis Wilson in the mix who I thought had potential coming out of college, and Martin Rucker who was the best Pass Catching Tight End last year in college (I think) and you may have one of the best receiving corps in the league. And no, I am not a big fan of Anderson (he has had the same problems since Oregon State) but he has pretty much everything needed for Chudzinski's offense. Yeah they do have a very thin secondary, but Brandon McDonald and Eric Wright both are loaded with potential and Terry Cousin has been a solid nickleback for years. Sean Jones is one of the most underrated safeties in the league, Brodney Pool was improving towards the end of last year. You cannot tell me with a straight face that Shaun Rogers is worse than Shaun Smith or Ted Washington.

Oh, to those who wouldn't know, I am a Steelers fan. I am also a realist and fan of the NFL in general.

K Train
06-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Stallworth paired with Edwards, Winslow, and Jerevicious (how the f*ck is his name spelled?) gives them a very nice foursome. They had no true deep threat prior to his sigining. Plus you throw Travis Wilson in the mix who I thought had potential coming out of college, and Martin Rucker who was the best Pass Catching Tight End last year in college (I think) and you may have one of the best receiving corps in the league. And no, I am not a big fan of Anderson (he has had the same problems since Oregon State) but he has pretty much everything needed for Chudzinski's offense. Yeah they do have a very thin secondary, but Brandon McDonald and Eric Wright both are loaded with potential and Terry Cousin has been a solid nickleback for years. Sean Jones is one of the most underrated safeties in the league, Brodney Pool was improving towards the end of last year. You cannot tell me with a straight face that Shaun Rogers is worse than Shaun Smith or Ted Washington.

Oh, to those who wouldn't know, I am a Steelers fan. I am also a realist and fan of the NFL in general.

you wont ever confuse me for a homer, i call them like i see them and i think this browns team was overrated last year...not even close to what they were made to be.

Braylon edwards is a baller without question. K2 is good, but not what he makes himself out to be because in reality hes a pussy. Think back to the last time we played him he was scared and heard footsteps all day which made him drop everything in his way. Stallworth is borderlined terrible, has his moments but hes just not gonna scare you consistantly and hes made of glass. Last i heard Joe J might not see the field all that much this year for various reasons. The offensive line is awesome plain and simple and J-lew is a good runner for that system. Anderson is truely garbage though, his mobility makes me believe that he was the illegitimate love child between drew bledsoe and a glacier. Even a little bit of pressure makes DA throw every ball into the ground, he may very well have the accuracy of michael vick, he benefits from Edwards, k2 and joe being so ****ing huge they are hard to miss, but his accuray rating was still horrible, theres no way he will be able to hit anywhere near a midget like stallworth consistantly.

Ok they lost kenny wright to drugs and they lost "?" to a knee injury and they traded away bodden. Mcdonald did ok late last year, had one very good game against andre johnson, even though sage rosenfels was the QB but still remains somewhat unproven and eric wright is entering his second year showing some flashes as well. Overall the secondary is bad, maybe not really really bad but they certainly arent good.

Putting shaun rogers as a 34 lineman is just retarded, let alone a NT. Hes a pass rusher not a block eater. Hes a 15 snap a game kinda guy, 15 quality snaps is all your gonna get from him and hes just a terrible fit for a 34 and they overpaid him when hes simply not the answer. Hes not as big of an upgrade as its made out to be, not a downgrade but his talents can be used in that scheme.

Mcginist isnt gonna scare anyone, as a matter of fact wimbley is the only guy on that defense who i would take on the steelers because hes a baller, the rest of them are average at best and let mediocre runners like najeh and willie make them look like retarded infant children. Wimbley is a man among boys out there imo.

Overall this browns team just isnt that scary, they were desperate in making alot of these signings and are in good shape to crumble not to far down the road.

Steinbeck....way overpaid
Joe Thomas....Legitimately paid but really expensive
DA...Way overpaid
Brady Quinn...making top dollar for a backup
Shaun Rogers...overpaid
Edwards....expensive
K2....demanding a new contract

and im sure they will continue to reach for players and over pay them but will they ever put it all together? i mean they are the browns.

a top 15 pick is in their future

steelcitysfinestXL
06-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Point being, Cleveland has put alot of stock into this one season and expectations are gonna be REALLY high. Which i think is boarder-line retarded seeing is how they havent won the division in a minute nor have they beat us in a REALLY long time. This season is gonna be a bust and the aftermath will be felt for years to come.
This talk is as legitimate as it would have been this time last year, the browns have proved nothing other than the fact that they can find a way to lose a close game to anyone!!! They may take second in this division but thats not gonna be enough to make the playoffs. AFCS will have 3 teams in again and that will leave the Brownies out.
Edwards is a good WR... after that Stallworth is a #3 and Joe-J is a #4... wheres the #2?? Winslow?? The Browns spent there 2nd pick this year on TE Rucker because K2 is so UN-reliable with his injuries and sometimes his play.
DA had 29 tds last year... good for him, lets talk about the 10 ints-9tds he threw over the last 7 games of the season. This dude is a flash in the pan!!! Like train says he sucks under any kind of pressure and he isnt that accurate when he does have time.
The D was horrible now its just bad to mediocre. Im a huge Shaun Rogers fan, but like train said he is a situaional player, Cleveland needs a everydown guy to help slow the run. And the D-line is the best part of their D, and thats sad. Wimbley is a talent ut other than that they are soft. The secondary went from bad to worse after Leigh Bodden left.
Win the division??? i'll bet they'll limp to a .500 record with 2 more losses to the black and gold!!!

steelcityrockers
06-16-2008, 08:02 PM
you wont ever confuse me for a homer, i call them like i see them and i think this browns team was overrated last year...not even close to what they were made to be.

Braylon edwards is a baller without question. K2 is good, but not what he makes himself out to be because in reality hes a pussy. Think back to the last time we played him he was scared and heard footsteps all day which made him drop everything in his way. Stallworth is borderlined terrible, has his moments but hes just not gonna scare you consistantly and hes made of glass. Last i heard Joe J might not see the field all that much this year for various reasons. The offensive line is awesome plain and simple and J-lew is a good runner for that system. Anderson is truely garbage though, his mobility makes me believe that he was the illegitimate love child between drew bledsoe and a glacier. Even a little bit of pressure makes DA throw every ball into the ground, he may very well have the accuracy of michael vick, he benefits from Edwards, k2 and joe being so ****ing huge they are hard to miss, but his accuray rating was still horrible, theres no way he will be able to hit anywhere near a midget like stallworth consistantly.

Ok they lost kenny wright to drugs and they lost "?" to a knee injury and they traded away bodden. Mcdonald did ok late last year, had one very good game against andre johnson, even though sage rosenfels was the QB but still remains somewhat unproven and eric wright is entering his second year showing some flashes as well. Overall the secondary is bad, maybe not really really bad but they certainly arent good.

Putting shaun rogers as a 34 lineman is just retarded, let alone a NT. Hes a pass rusher not a block eater. Hes a 15 snap a game kinda guy, 15 quality snaps is all your gonna get from him and hes just a terrible fit for a 34 and they overpaid him when hes simply not the answer. Hes not as big of an upgrade as its made out to be, not a downgrade but his talents can be used in that scheme.

Mcginist isnt gonna scare anyone, as a matter of fact wimbley is the only guy on that defense who i would take on the steelers because hes a baller, the rest of them are average at best and let mediocre runners like najeh and willie make them look like retarded infant children. Wimbley is a man among boys out there imo.

Overall this browns team just isnt that scary, they were desperate in making alot of these signings and are in good shape to crumble not to far down the road.

Steinbeck....way overpaid
Joe Thomas....Legitimately paid but really expensive
DA...Way overpaid
Brady Quinn...making top dollar for a backup
Shaun Rogers...overpaid
Edwards....expensive
K2....demanding a new contract

and im sure they will continue to reach for players and over pay them but will they ever put it all together? i mean they are the browns.

a top 15 pick is in their future

I know you are not a homer, man. I just said that because some may find it odd that I defend the Browns a lot.

Anderson's accuracy isn't his problem. It is his decision making. That is what is absolutely terrible. He will throw into triple coverage at least 3 times per game. However, he has a very strong arm and being behind a good line compensates for his utter lack of mobility. He fits Chud's offense pretty well IMO. I wouldn't call Stallworth borderline terrible. He is not a a #1 or maybe not a #2. But, he is a game changer with his speed and big play ability. He can break tackles with the best of the WR's and can take it the distance on any play. K2 (he is a f*ckin soldier after all) is among the elite receiving TEs in the league. One hell of a third option. Joe had a knee surgery and then developed a staph infection. Last I heard he should be ready near the end of training camp. I do agree that Shaun Rogers isn't the ideal 34 NT, but with the right coach he could lose the ever persistent laziness issue. He is a big guy with the frame to eat up blocks. Corey Williams was an underrated pickup. Yes, McGinest sucks. Antwan Peek still has some potential. D' Qwell Jackson is looking good as is Leon Williams has looked pretty solid when he played. Beau Bell should be a pretty good run-stuffer. Andra Davis is above average, though nothing spectacular and has his share of bad plays. The CB they lost was Daven Holly. Behind McDonald, Wright, and Cousin they have Gary Baxter who should be at safety and has robot knees but was damned good awhile back. Jereme Perry has started some games 2 years back for the Browns as an UDFA and had a pretty strong rookie year. Not good, really but beyond expectations definitely. AJ Davis was a 4th round pick for the Lions and apparently has looked stellar in camp. The rest are nobodies. Steinbach is not overpaid. He is a Top-5 Guard in the NFL.

K Train
06-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I know you are not a homer, man. I just said that because some may find it odd that I defend the Browns a lot.

Anderson's accuracy isn't his problem. It is his decision making. That is what is absolutely terrible. He will throw into triple coverage at least 3 times per game. However, he has a very strong arm and being behind a good line compensates for his utter lack of mobility. He fits Chud's offense pretty well IMO. I wouldn't call Stallworth borderline terrible. He is not a a #1 or maybe not a #2. But, he is a game changer with his speed and big play ability. He can break tackles with the best of the WR's and can take it the distance on any play. K2 (he is a f*ckin soldier after all) is among the elite receiving TEs in the league. One hell of a third option. Joe had a knee surgery and then developed a staph infection. Last I heard he should be ready near the end of training camp. I do agree that Shaun Rogers isn't the ideal 34 NT, but with the right coach he could lose the ever persistent laziness issue. He is a big guy with the frame to eat up blocks. Corey Williams was an underrated pickup. Yes, McGinest sucks. Antwan Peek still has some potential. D' Qwell Jackson is looking good as is Leon Williams has looked pretty solid when he played. Beau Bell should be a pretty good run-stuffer. Andra Davis is above average, though nothing spectacular and has his share of bad plays. The CB they lost was Daven Holly. Behind McDonald, Wright, and Cousin they have Gary Baxter who should be at safety and has robot knees but was damned good awhile back. Jereme Perry has started some games 2 years back for the Browns as an UDFA and had a pretty strong rookie year. Not good, really but beyond expectations definitely. AJ Davis was a 4th round pick for the Lions and apparently has looked stellar in camp. The rest are nobodies. Steinbach is not overpaid. He is a Top-5 Guard in the NFL.

i hear ya im just saying im not gonna be one to say....no way **** the stains go steelers (insert 20 different go steeler smileys here). theres reason to my thinking they will suck.

K2 gets an awful lot of catches, but hes not all that spectacular, lots of them are dump off passes, effective but his numbers makes him think hes way better than he is.

Baxter is getting reps at safety but that entire cluster**** of a defense is patchwork at best. Peko, rogers and williams is not exacty a great 34 dline. Wimbley has his work cut out for him if he wants there to be any pressure or that secondary will get demolished..

i really think brady quinn takes over that job this year because DA doesnt have a huge window before the BQ chants start coming from the crowd.

i dunno, i guess i see it all there like everyone else, but i just cant see them having what it takes to put it all together. I think the ravens have a better chance of beating us this year than the browns

Black@Gold Forever32
06-16-2008, 08:42 PM
i hear ya im just saying im not gonna be one to say....no way **** the stains go steelers (insert 20 different go steeler smileys here). theres reason to my thinking they will suck.

K2 gets an awful lot of catches, but hes not all that spectacular, lots of them are dump off passes, effective but his numbers makes him think hes way better than he is.

Baxter is getting reps at safety but that entire cluster**** of a defense is patchwork at best. Peko, rogers and williams is not exacty a great 34 dline. Wimbley has his work cut out for him if he wants there to be any pressure or that secondary will get demolished..

i really think brady quinn takes over that job this year because DA doesnt have a huge window before the BQ chants start coming from the crowd.

i dunno, i guess i see it all there like everyone else, but i just cant see them having what it takes to put it all together. I think the ravens have a better chance of beating us this year than the browns

So much in this post that I agree with about the Browns this year.....Rogers and Williams are not 3-4 DL...They can rush the passer though.....But really both of them are not that great in playing the run....Which a 3-4 that is the main job for a DL.....

I agree with you about Solider Boy Winslow....He is good but like you said not as good as his ego thinks he is......

Quinn will start by mid-season since Anderson is a fraud...I don't see Quinn having a Big Ben impact right away....But he will prove to be better then Anderson in time...

Some smiley's just for you K-Train.....:helmet::tt02::brownssign:

Mike Tomlin
06-16-2008, 09:17 PM
All the Browns did was take a page out of the Redskins/Cowboys book. We all see where it's gotten them ,hell the Cowboys can't even win a playoff game. You bring in free agents to fill pieces you need not to get every probowler or 1 year wonder that name flashes across ESPN.

yinzer
06-17-2008, 07:39 AM
please........

ejsteeler
06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Hell. I'll say it...The Clowns suck!!!!! :lol:

<-----Homer and proud of it. :yellowthumb:

Steel58
06-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Hell no they won't

JensK
06-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Hmm... The way i see it is, that its not the clown to decide wether they'll win the devision or not. Its the Steelers who decide that. If the Steelers play terrible, well obviously we wont win (and we can't deny that its been happening before :-P ), however if we play as good as we all know we can, then the browns can go jump in a river.

memphissteelergirl
06-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Hmm... The way i see it is, that its not the clown to decide wether they'll win the devision or not. Its the Steelers who decide that. If the Steelers play terrible, well obviously we wont win (and we can't deny that its been happening before :-P ), however if we play as good as we all know we can, then the browns can go jump in a river.

Well said, JensK :yellowthumb:...it's our division to lose!

JoeThomas
06-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Well i have stayed out of this. Just becuase I wanted to see what would be said and didnt want to have it go overboard like some other threads. even though I have an opinion it would have been wrong anyway. ive felt, and always will feel that you need to bea tthe best to be it. the steelers are the best, in the division, right now. we need to beat them. you have the toughest sched, we have the 6th. very close. the division winner might only need to go 9-7. it might come down to our games. so no i dont think we will win it. i hope we do. but even if we do im sure you will all make excuses as to why. but its ok. i think we need to show more then 1 year to be able to talk smack. on paper i say we have a better offense, you have a better defense. defense wins championships, so thats why i say its still you guys. sorry for the novel but i figure id get it all out at once. cant wait for week 2!!!

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 01:02 PM
JT, that was awesome.

ejsteeler
06-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Well i have stayed out of this. Just becuase I wanted to see what would be said and didnt want to have it go overboard like some other threads. even though I have an opinion it would have been wrong anyway. ive felt, and always will feel that you need to bea tthe best to be it. the steelers are the best, in the division, right now. we need to beat them. you have the toughest sched, we have the 6th. very close. the division winner might only need to go 9-7. it might come down to our games. so no i dont think we will win it. i hope we do. but even if we do im sure you will all make excuses as to why. but its ok. i think we need to show more then 1 year to be able to talk smack. on paper i say we have a better offense, you have a better defense. defense wins championships, so thats why i say its still you guys. sorry for the novel but i figure id get it all out at once. cant wait for week 2!!!

JT, that was awesome.

Yes, well put. Well, all except for that "we will make excuses" thing. We don't do that......:nahnah: :lol:

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Yes, some of you do.

ejsteeler
06-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I know, it was a joke, hence the two smilies conveying the sarcasm and fun.......:yellowthumb:

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 01:15 PM
oh my bad, bro.

ejsteeler
06-17-2008, 02:44 PM
It's all good.

steelcitysfinestXL
06-17-2008, 06:55 PM

WOW!! i never thought i hear a browns fan say anything that thoughful. I agree w/ 90% of what you're saying. We can argue back and forth but the game is won between the lines... not on paper (where i still think we have the better Offense :cope:) Its gonna be a hell of a season with both teams having monster schedules. Thats the reason i give the edge to the steelers, i think we're gonna do well against the top tier AFC teams this season... plus im a MAJOR homer. Sorry i love the NFL, but im Pittsburgh born and breed!!! I really see Tennessee or NYJ getting in before the Browns. After we hoist the AFCN.

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 09:50 PM
The Titans with Vince Young at QB? Nope. Not happening.

K Train
06-17-2008, 09:57 PM
vince wins games, he sucks but he knows how to win

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I hate that. Their defense wins games. Vince is simply atrocious. He can't run like he did in college and dosen't have "it" to develop into a Donovan McNabb. Type. He is inaccurate. He has an average arm. He cannot read a defense. A defense can read him pretty damned well.

K Train
06-17-2008, 10:07 PM
I hate that. Their defense wins games. Vince is simply atrocious. He can't run like he did in college and dosen't have "it" to develop into a Donovan McNabb. Type. He is inaccurate. He has an average arm. He cannot read a defense. A defense can read him pretty damned well.

hes adaquately accurate and his arm is actually really strong. Hes borderline retarded when it comes to reading a defense though and he has used his running to help them win before, if he could just go through his progressions better he'd be ok. oh and hes got a decent group of runningbacks but he has NO wrs, they are all trash and hes got a mediocre TE and he loves throwing to the TE....that offense simply isnt built around him

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Actually, his receivers, though not gamebreakers, are actually solid and have a lot of potential. You could put Randy Moss with VY and he would not have much more, if, 1,000 yards. 9 TD's for a 15 game starter is just...bad. He still can run, but he really does not do it successfully. He is not much faster than some of the DE's and most of the linebackers. The only time the offense looked good last season was when effing Kerry Collins was the starter for one game.

steelerschick1220
06-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Okay, here's my two cents......

No the Browns will not win the divison. We will. I think last years Browns were the product of an okay team having a really easy schedule. I think when they play the big guns this year, they will be in for a rude awakening. I could see them going 8-8, or around there somewhere. They may be worse, cause I can see them starting off 0-2 and hitting the panic button.

It is fun to speculate. I am so ready for some football.

Stairwayto7
09-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Okay, here's my two cents......

No the Browns will not win the divison. We will. I think last years Browns were the product of an okay team having a really easy schedule. I think when they play the big guns this year, they will be in for a rude awakening. I could see them going 8-8, or around there somewhere. They may be worse, cause I can see them starting off 0-2 and hitting the panic button.

It is fun to speculate. I am so ready for some football.

Just figured I would go back aways!

Actually 0-3 and counting!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

This is close, but our offense and defense is better.

Clevelandsux
09-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Browns look like they'll be 4-12.

DIESELMAN
09-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm waiting for 0-4, then they'll put Brady in. Then all those people who talk of how "great" Anderson is will vanish from the face of the earth out of embarrassment. :haha:

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm waiting for 0-4, then they'll put Brady in. Then all those people who talk of how "great" Anderson is will vanish from the face of the earth out of embarrassment. :haha:

Im actually rooting for the Bengals tomorrow to beat the Browns because that will put the Browns at 0-4 overall and 0-3 in the AFC North and for all practical purposes bury them in this division. Cincy can get one win because even if they beat the Browns and go to 1-3 they aren't going to win in Dallas next Sunday so they will go right back to being 1-4. Plus, they got games at the Jets and hosting the Steelers after the Dallas game which could easily put the Bengals at 1-6 and totally buried in the AFC North division by the end of October. The Steelers main concern now in this division is the Ravens seeing that they are 2-0 and already 2-0 in the division. So a win Monday night by the Steelers puts them in complete control for this division at 3-1 I believe for the remainder of the season owning the head to head tiebraker and all over the Ravens.

Stairwayto7
09-27-2008, 10:09 PM
I agree, go bungholes

Clevelandsux
09-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I watched the Browns-Bengals game today. It was like watching flies f**K. Browns won, but Palmer did not play. If you think we have problems especially with our line, just watch these two teams. Pathetic!

Stairwayto7
09-28-2008, 06:24 PM
I watched the Browns-Bengals game today. It was like watching flies f**K. Browns won, but Palmer did not play. If you think we have problems especially with our line, just watch these two teams. Pathetic!

Awesome! LOL LOL