PDA

View Full Version : Is it still "weird" seeing Tomlin instead of Cowher?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-09-2008, 08:01 PM
It's been over a year now since Tomlin took over and replaced Cowher. Bill was the face of the team for 15 years and the only coach that some fans have ever seen for the Steelers up until Tomlin took over. When you watch a Steeler game now or see highlights of 2007 does it still seem "odd" ( for lack of a better term) to not see BC?

steelcityrockers
06-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Short Answer, no.

K Train
06-09-2008, 08:55 PM
no, its kinda refreshing

SteelerSal
06-09-2008, 09:00 PM
At first when he retired I had the same sick feeling as when Noll retired but when I saw that the team moved on and could win without him, I was ready for change that I feel is for the better.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Good to see around again Sal :yellowthumb:

For me there's times, like when I watch SBXL again or when I see an old interview on youtube on something that I kinda miss Cowher just for his fiery personality and the way he motivated the team but like Sal mentioned the team is finding a new identity with Tomlin and a new way to win. They players are resilient and definitely seem to buy into what Tomlin is doing.

Having said that though the team last year definitely did not seem prepared at times especially in big games. Perhaps part of that is poor play of the OL, injuries to key players on the team at various times but under Cowher the team was always ready to go in big game such as in prime time or games with playoff implications, etc. Did they always play well enough to win? no but they did give it their all and never gave up which is something we saw alittle bit of last year but hopefully we'll see more of this year and a better team in 2008. Granted this is Tomlin's first year and the whole team was going through a learning process so there is a curve that you can work with I guess but at the same time we are not a rebuilding team, we have the players to make a championship run but it's up to the coaches and players to pull it together.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-09-2008, 10:14 PM
No.....I wanted Cowher gone after the first AFC title game loss to the Pats.....I'm use to Tomlin and its not weird at all for me...

steelersgal86
06-09-2008, 10:56 PM
no...i think we needed the change:yellowthumb:

Captcoolhand
06-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Only wierd thing that i have notice is seeing Tomlin playing golf (during the off season) and not remembering Cowher ever doing that. :dunno:

NEVILLEWOOD (KDKA) ― Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin put down the pigskin and picked up his golf clubs for charity.

He hosted the 11th Annual Extra Mile Education Foundation Golf Outing at Nevillewood.

The event raises money for inner-city kids to give them a chance to have a Catholic education to help them achieve their dreams.

Tomlin says he was inspired to get involved with the program.

"When I was apart of it last year and really my first exposure to it, when that young man got up and talked about how the Extra Mile helped him, and gave his living testimony, that's all you need to hear," he said.

The charity has been in existence for 19 years.

Koopa
06-10-2008, 12:13 AM
the day he walked out on us, i got over him, he was a bum, and always will be one......... his one super bowl doesn't mean **** since he had a few legit chances to win it all and failed each and every time, now if he had 2 super bowls i wouldn't hate him as much, but he's a failure...........**** regular season wins

Captcoolhand
06-10-2008, 12:21 AM
the day he walked out on us, i got over him, he was a bum, and always will be one......... his one super bowl doesn't mean shiat since he had a few legit chances to win it all and failed each and every time, now if he had 2 super bowls i wouldn't hate him as much, but he's a failure...........**** regular season wins
ya to bad that it took all these years to win. if only he would he'd learn sooner to play to win and not to loose that we would have better words for him.

HUNT4SEVEN
06-10-2008, 12:46 AM
the day he walked out on us, i got over him, he was a bum, and always will be one......... his one super bowl doesn't mean shiat since he had a few legit chances to win it all and failed each and every time, now if he had 2 super bowls i wouldn't hate him as much, but he's a failure...........**** regular season wins
i couldn't agree more coward was an bum, i'm glad he's gone. he's 2 bill coward:bigfinger::bluelol::thumbdown1:

Steel58
06-10-2008, 08:14 AM
I would have to say no

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
06-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I didn't know there was so many Cowher hater's out there. I thought he was a good coach and a good fit for Pittsburgh.There's 32 teams in the NFL.You can't win every year.
So far i like Tomlin too, i really haven't thought of him as the face of the Steelers yet..but that will come with time.

K Train
06-10-2008, 05:22 PM
great motivater, very enthusiastic....mediocre coach and game planner. his last year was a waste, he didnt want to be here, he shouldve gone out with the bus on top

Stlrs4Life
06-10-2008, 07:01 PM
No, I moved on.

SteelerSal
06-10-2008, 09:22 PM
I didn't know there was so many Cowher hater's out there. I thought he was a good coach and a good fit for Pittsburgh.There's 32 teams in the NFL.You can't win every year.
So far i like Tomlin too, i really haven't thought of him as the face of the Steelers yet..but that will come with time.

Ho hater here. He found a way to turn average players into over achievers and kept us highly competitive every year, but like how K-train stated, he was a bad gameplanner in the big ones and our team should have won more Championships and Superbowls.
He wasted to many oppurtunities.:2cents:

RckyMtnStlrFan
06-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Cowher was a good coach. He helped win us a ton of games and helped us get a SB. He made a lot of mistakes and maybe with a different coach we could've won another SB during that 15 years. But, other than his last year, I thought he did a damn good job and there are a lot of teams who would've loved to have him. I'm glad he's gone because he doesn't have it in his heart anymore, but I refuse to hate on him.
I think Tomlin will be a great coach too and now it's his time. Hopefully when he retires there won't be so many people talking about what a piece of shiat he is.

Steel58
06-11-2008, 08:17 AM
No! next question please.

Steelerlyn
06-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, I do miss him

SteelerSteve
06-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Cowher was a good coach. He helped win us a ton of games and helped us get a SB. He made a lot of mistakes and maybe with a different coach we could've won another SB during that 15 years. But, other than his last year, I thought he did a damn good job and there are a lot of teams who would've loved to have him. I'm glad he's gone because he doesn't have it in his heart anymore, but I refuse to hate on him.
I think Tomlin will be a great coach too and now it's his time. Hopefully when he retires there won't be so many people talking about what a piece of shiat he is.Very well said:yellowthumb: I feel exactly the same way, I dont really miss him, but I cant justify talking **** about him. He was a damn good coach, and hell he did get us a superbowl ring, though "only" one, there are plenty of coaches that never win "just" one lol

K Train
06-11-2008, 10:59 PM
im not saying i didnt like him, im just saying he was a very overrated coach and terrible gameplanner and stubborn as **** when it came to the depth chart. its not like im talking **** because he left either, ive been talking **** for years lol

Steel58
06-12-2008, 07:46 AM
I would say no

BlitzburghRockCity
06-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah that year after the SB was a total joke; the entire team was unmotivated, undisciplined, and unable to win with any consistency. I think the Steeler Nation would have been more happy with him leaving after SBXL as well.

He did get us that 5th ring so we as fans will always be grateful for that and there wasn't a coach in NFL history that was more in tune with this players and related better than BC did during most of his tenure.

TEEMONT
06-14-2008, 11:44 PM
nah i dont miss him....I thought I would.....but I dont....Tomlin just needs to light a fire under Polamalu's ***

K Train
06-15-2008, 10:48 PM
literally with flames, hopefully under some sort of pressure like a torch of some kind

Koopa
06-15-2008, 10:50 PM
literally with flames, hopefully under some sort of pressure like a torch of some kind

troy has no passion for the game, that **** wouldn't work either

K Train
06-15-2008, 10:54 PM
at least it would burn him

Koopa
06-15-2008, 10:54 PM
at least it would burn him

i'd love to see that gay hair burn

Black@Gold Forever32
06-15-2008, 11:21 PM
I will always have bitter sweet memory of Bill Cowher......I wanted him gone for years....Ask the Steelers fans on about football.com and they will tell you about my famous Cowher rants on there.....

But at one time I was a huge Cowher fan and I think he was a very good coach in his first six years with the team......From 92-97 the Steelers made the play-offs, reached three AFC title games, one Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell mostly at QB....lol Bubby Brister, Mike Tomczak, Jim Miller, and Kordell Stewart also started games in that time period for the team.....Thats not a great list of QBs.....lol

But as reasons stated by others in this thread it did lead to get tired of Bill Cowher....It was time for a change....Him moving on was in the best interest of the team and himself......

If it makes you feel better Koopa, I'm still not over the AFC title games losses either...I'm alittle older then you...So the 94 and 97 AFC title games still bother me...Plus the Super Bowl XXX loss...But I blame the Super Bowl XXX loss mostly on Neil O'Donnell and his choke job...lol Neil can rot in hell for all I care...lol

K Train
06-25-2008, 07:58 PM
I would have to say no

No! next question please.

I would say no

im not gonna lie steel58....you keeping me going through some hard times, i dont know where id be without you today

BlitzburghRockCity
06-25-2008, 08:48 PM
I will always have bitter sweet memory of Bill Cowher......I wanted him gone for years....Ask the Steelers fans on about football.com and they will tell you about my famous Cowher rants on there.....

But at one time I was a huge Cowher fan and I think he was a very good coach in his first six years with the team......From 92-97 the Steelers made the play-offs, reached three AFC title games, one Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell mostly at QB....lol Bubby Brister, Mike Tomczak, Jim Miller, and Kordell Stewart also started games in that time period for the team.....Thats not a great list of QBs.....lol

But as reasons stated by others in this thread it did lead to get tired of Bill Cowher....It was time for a change....Him moving on was in the best interest of the team and himself......

If it makes you feel better Koopa, I'm still not over the AFC title games losses either...I'm alittle older then you...So the 94 and 97 AFC title games still bother me...Plus the Super Bowl XXX loss...But I blame the Super Bowl XXX loss mostly on Neil O'Donnell and his choke job...lol Neil can rot in hell for all I care...lol

when you think about what could have been trust me dude it burns me up too. We had a run of post season appearances that would make anybody proud but losing every single time that was just killer. I don't know how many remotes I broke, how many times I smashed trash cans, threw **** down the stairs and God knows what else in those AFCCG's and in XXX. I would always a big Cowher supporter and I thought he fit well with the team. He could motivate like nobody's business and there wasn't a coach around that related better to his players than BC...having said that though he was just so damn stubborn and our offense was so limited when he was here that the time to go had definitely come.