06-04-2008, 09:17 PM
FACE OFF!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/stillers1830/sidcup.jpg?t=1212594180

Steelerlyn
06-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Pens came out pounding!~

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Lets go Pens..don't let them score another goal!!

NOVA STEELERS
06-04-2008, 09:56 PM
1 - 0 wings after 1 period of play :evilshake:

LETS GO :penguin: :penguin: :penguin::penguin::penguin:

Iron City South
06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Horrible officiating the 1st period. No excuse for missing some of those sticking and hooking penalties that were blatantly ignored! :cursin:

Koopa
06-04-2008, 10:25 PM
wonderful, y'all will soon feel my pain...........

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2008, 10:53 PM
comon Pens, it's do or die! The crowd is back into it and the team seems more energized now. It's 2-1 so we need some points big time!

Stairwayto7
06-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Horrible officiating the 1st period. No excuse for missing some of those sticking and hooking penalties that were blatantly ignored! :cursin:

I agree, I hate complaining about refs, but come on, this is terrible.

Down 2-1 third period we roll!

Iron City South
06-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Almost had another last second goal to tie it up .... but not tonight.

Congrats Red Wings .... a fantastic team worthy of Lord Stanley's Cup! :hail:

Steelerlyn
06-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Almost had another last second goal to tie it up .... but not tonight.

Congrats Red Wings .... a fantastic team worthy of Lord Stanley's Cup! :hail:

Thank you ICS. The Winggz are historicaly a great hockey team and someday soon the Pens will win the cup; they are a very good team. I am a Wingz fan but tonight I am torn

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Man this really sucks, the Pens kept battling back. they never gave up and stayed in it right to the last second literally. Im proud of them, what a great year and they have Detroit everything it could handle and then some.

Koopa
06-05-2008, 01:42 AM
in most cases i'd say this was a completely wasted season when you don't win it all.............. but for the pens it was a great season, they are a young team, and i doubt that anyone thought they have a chance to win it all this year before the season began, bias fans opinions don't count............ so just being there was great experinence for these youngsters, and it should make them more hungry, because they got a small taste of glory, hopefully they'll want the whole meal from here on out and come back next season and win it all

TEEMONT
06-05-2008, 04:56 AM

Way to make excuses fir the pens....typical...they got outplayed....until the end of the 3rd

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Thank you ICS. The Winggz are historicaly a great hockey team and someday soon the Pens will win the cup; they are a very good team. I am a Wingz fan but tonight I am torn

Historically?

How bout over the past few years.....?

dont inflate your team....they won on a cheap goal.

Steelerlyn
06-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Way to make excuses fir the pens....typical...they got outplayed....until the end of the 3rd

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Historically?

How bout over the past few years.....?

dont inflate your team....they won on a cheap goal.

a win is a win is a win and you know it so now back off.....the Pens will win next year

susielr
06-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Congrats on the Pens for a great year....and I agree...they will be there again next year!!

TEEMONT
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
a win is a win is a win and you know it so now back off.....the Pens will win next year

lol...ok lyn...ur a badass....i forgot

FanLoop
06-05-2008, 05:56 PM
I was happy to see that they didn't roll over after going down 3 games to 1, and even after going down in game 6 they still fought til the last second. I'm a casual hockey fan but they made me pay more attention during this playoff season.

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Great season by the PENS !!:beer4:They have nothing to be ashamed of, they left it all on the ice !! Hopefully the will be able to keep the core group together,if they can do that they should be able to make a few more runs at Lord's Stanley's Cup !!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2008, 09:30 PM
the great thing is the Pens are a pretty young team with a ton of talent, there's no reason to think they won't be back in the playoff race next season. I'm excited for the future of Pens hockey big time!

Steelerlyn
06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
in most cases i'd say this was a completely wasted season when you don't win it all.............. but for the pens it was a great season, they are a young team, and i doubt that anyone thought they have a chance to win it all this year before the season began, bias fans opinions don't count............ so just being there was great experinence for these youngsters, and it should make them more hungry, because they got a small taste of glory, hopefully they'll want the whole meal from here on out and come back next season and win it all

Very well said, they will be back and they will win it all they are a much better team today than before the finals started.

Prosdo
06-06-2008, 04:38 AM
The Penguins loss was hard for me to take after the game. I thoroughly enjoy and love the Pens. To see them so close and not finish just sucked, but I am proud of this young team. They have a great chance of being a top contender for years to come. I am extremely hopeful and excited for next year. This off-season should be very interesting with Malkin, Fleury, Hossa, Orpik, and Malone all at the end of their contracts. I can't wait to see what happens.

SteelerFan87
06-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I know moral victories are for losers, but IMO there were no losers in these finals. Detroit has the Cup, but the Pens are champions in their own right. The way they adjusted after games 1 and 2 and fought their way back into the series, fighting back in game 5 with Talbot's miraculous goal with 30 seconds left, Malone and Gonchar playing through injuries, Whitney playing almost a full game's worth of minutes in Gonchar's absence, Fleury just robbing the Wings left and right, then Sykora's goal to win it and force a game 6, and then the way they were SO CLOSE to yet ANOTHER unbelievable comeback in game 6, they played with the heart of a champion. In my opinion, had this been our 2nd year in the finals instead of our first, we'd have beaten the Wings in 5.