PDA

View Full Version : Fight at practice

K Train
06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Willie Colon, the team's starting right tackle, went to the ground at their indoor practice facility while wrestling with second-year linebacker Lawrence Timmons. Not long after, veteran backup tackle Trai Essex and linebacker Arnold Harrison went at it. "It was humid in here,'' fellow tackle Max Starks gave as a possible reason for the two scuffles. "I don't know, maybe they've been watching Georges Laraque,'' the Penguins enforcer.

Source: Post-Gazette.com

colon will fight anyone anywhere

and yet he refuses to pass block

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Nothing wrong with some spirited battles during these workouts; it just shows the guys are hungry and want to do well. I'm sure we'll see a few more scuffles between now and when training camps starts; and definitely during training camp too.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08156/887292-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I like that attitude.......Colon has the attitude for sure.....I just hope he improves as a RT since it doesn't seem he is moving to OG...lol He doesn't have to be elite...Just good enough.....

steelcityrockers
06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Save it until you can hit someone in a different color uniform

steelcitysfinestXL
06-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I gotta say theres nothing wrong with this at all. Unless its the same guy or same two guys this is actually a good thing. It shows your putting emotion and game like effort into your practice, which is NEVER a bad thing! Ive seen this happen multiple times when i played, sometimes between life time friends. It just shows that Colon and Timmons are proud guys who practice the way they play.

Steel58
06-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Let them get out the frustation:greenbounce2:

FanLoop
06-05-2008, 06:00 PM
As long as they fight this hard (within the rules...) when the ball is snapped during the regular season, this is no problem. Just like brothers fighting in the backyard.

steelcityrockers
06-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I am weird in that I like to play as angry as possible.