View Full Version : Fight at practice

K Train
06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Willie Colon, the team's starting right tackle, went to the ground at their indoor practice facility while wrestling with second-year linebacker Lawrence Timmons. Not long after, veteran backup tackle Trai Essex and linebacker Arnold Harrison went at it. "It was humid in here,'' fellow tackle Max Starks gave as a possible reason for the two scuffles. "I don't know, maybe they've been watching Georges Laraque,'' the Penguins enforcer.

Source: Post-Gazette.com

colon will fight anyone anywhere

and yet he refuses to pass block

06-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Nothing wrong with some spirited battles during these workouts; it just shows the guys are hungry and want to do well. I'm sure we'll see a few more scuffles between now and when training camps starts; and definitely during training camp too.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I like that attitude.......Colon has the attitude for sure.....I just hope he improves as a RT since it doesn't seem he is moving to OG...lol He doesn't have to be elite...Just good enough.....

06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Save it until you can hit someone in a different color uniform

06-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I gotta say theres nothing wrong with this at all. Unless its the same guy or same two guys this is actually a good thing. It shows your putting emotion and game like effort into your practice, which is NEVER a bad thing! Ive seen this happen multiple times when i played, sometimes between life time friends. It just shows that Colon and Timmons are proud guys who practice the way they play.

06-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Let them get out the frustation:greenbounce2:

06-05-2008, 06:00 PM
As long as they fight this hard (within the rules...) when the ball is snapped during the regular season, this is no problem. Just like brothers fighting in the backyard.

06-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I am weird in that I like to play as angry as possible.