PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: ODELL THURMAN FACES INDEFINITE SUSPENSION

Deb
06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
REPORT: ODELL THURMAN FACES INDEFINITE SUSPENSION (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/02/report-odell-thurman-faces-indefinite-suspension/)

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 2, 2008, 7:02 p.m. EDT

Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated is reporting that former Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman is facing an indefinite suspension (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/06/02/thurman.fails.test/?cnn=yes) after another violation of the league’s substance abuse policy.

The report does not offer any specifics of the nature of the violation. Thurman missed the entire 2006 and 2007 seasons because of suspensions tied to drug and alcohol use. He was reinstated this year, but the Bengals released him last month.

His agent, Safarrah Lawson, told Trotter, “We have not been notified of that at this point. I have no knowledge,” and added that Thurman, whose grandmother recently died, is “still dealing with some family issues.”

Thurman was a 2005 second-round draft pick and was one of the league’s best defensive rookies that season. But his drug and alcohol problems have kept him off the field since then.

steelcityrockers
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I laugh in the face of those who waste their careers.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Stuff like this just pisses me off. These guys have the chance of a lifetime, an opportunity that any guy who loves sports would dream of having. These guys can make more in 1 year of a contract than the average joe would make in his lifetime and they just squander it away on stupidity!

Stlrs4Life
06-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, we all knew this was just a matter of time.

floodcitygirl
06-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Now he'll have a little more time to hang at the local Steelers bar. lol. What a waste of talent and potential.

memphissteelergirl
06-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Stuff like this just pisses me off. These guys have the chance of a lifetime, an opportunity that any guy who loves sports would dream of having. These guys can make more in 1 year of a contract than the average joe would make in his lifetime and they just squander it away on stupidity!

Could not agree more

:plus1:

JoeThomas
06-05-2008, 08:18 PM
wow. i bet he fell off after he got released cause of his grandmothers death. but still. he threw away alot of money. might as well go try the AFL now, your never getting back in the NFL.

steelcityrockers
06-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I'd say Canada.

JoeThomas
06-05-2008, 11:49 PM
I'd say Canada.

there too. its a shame, so talented. the guy was a beast in the division. was scared to face him. but he had chance after chance.