PDA

View Full Version : Airport question

coggsnyrnyg
05-28-2008, 08:49 AM
seems like I can catch a flight out of philly early enough to make it for the giants game on oct 26th. They have a departing flight that takes-off at 9:30 pm, wouldn't have to take a day-off from work. For a 4:15 game, is it reasonable to expect we could make it back to the airport for a 9:30 take-off? Is there any public transportation that could get me to and from the airport to the stadium?

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-28-2008, 11:06 AM
For a 9:30 flight it's gonna be borderline especially if ya have to check in an hour ahead of time for security or whatever. the only real public trans. would probably be a cab or make arrangements with a local limo,towncar for ride IMHO

coggsnyrnyg
05-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I was just thinking it would be tough. Game will likely end around 7:30ish. If Heinz is anything like Giants Stadium, I will be lucky to be out of the parking lot and on the road by 8:15ish, would be cutting it close. Probably just going to drive out saturday afternoon, drive home after the game on sunday.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
That is definitely cutting it way close IMO as well. Sunday nights aren't the busiest times for airports usually but still with the traffic letting out after the game even taking a cab you would be pushing it.

coggsnyrnyg
05-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, it is just not practical. It will likely take 1/2 hr or so to get out of stadium and to car. I could try parking a few blocks away and try to avoid the traffic, but since I do not know the area it is likely not a good idea.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Parking away from the stadium generally means finding a spot in the city and then walking across the bridge to the stadium. There are a bunch of lots around the stadium that you could park in but you'll get caught up in traffic pretty much no matter what unless you left the game early.