PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu's Workout Routine

Iron City South
05-23-2008, 10:38 PM
:wtf: is this bullshiat?

Ok, we all saw the article on Troy's "unconventional" training regimen a few weeks ago in the PPG and I think we even had a thread on it.

Well, here it is folks ... while other football players are pumping iron and building themselves into a STEEL FORTRESS for the upcoming season, this candy *** is busy bathing in frankincense and muir while getting a pedicure and a facial.

:willybs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqKysjhHopA

Did you like the jumping routine? or the "lay on your back next to a 12 year old who is doing the same workout next to you" and leg kick a 20 lb plate?

If this isn't the most sorry assed excuse for a workout program and a way of getting out of the work the real men are doing around the league, I don't know what is .... If I was Tomlin and saw this video, I'd send a few lineman out on the next plane to Cali to kidnap TP, stuff his sorry skinny earthist *** in a garmet bag and drag him back to Pittsburgh to live in the weightroom until the season begins!

:anon:

K Train
05-23-2008, 10:54 PM
ahhhhhhhhh i ****ing hate him

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
05-23-2008, 11:06 PM
wow...i don't even know what to say......Looks like he's training for a figure skating competition. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt at this point..but he better be a beast this year on the field. Good Grief.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2008, 11:10 PM
The way he works out is part of the reason why I have been knocking him since Sept-Oct 2007.....The dude is a pansy......I ****ing can't stand him anymore......I'm sure he will have another injury riddled season again this year...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I guess Im in the minority but I don't see a problem with it :dunno: If it worked for him in the past and helped get him to be the pro bowl player that he's been for us then why not. I mean the last 2 years he trained in Pittsburgh on his own and he ended getting hurt and not playing up to the level we're accustomed to seeing him perform at. Let's not forget the guy had offseason knee surgery so it's not like he's 100% at this point anyways so the fact that he seems to be on the road to recovery and taking his workouts seriously seems like a good idea to me.

I'll reserve any further judgment till I see him play this year.

K Train
05-23-2008, 11:24 PM
ive seen him put up 400+ on the bench and now hes hoping around like a ****ing fairy

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2008, 11:27 PM
ive seen him put up 400+ on the bench and now hes hoping around like a ****ing fairy

:lol:....No doubt.........I wish the rest of the Steelers D would beat the crap out Troy.....Troy The Spiritual Fairy Zen Master

steelcityrockers
05-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Play "Smear the Queer"?

K Train
05-23-2008, 11:35 PM
**** i wish we would trade him why he still has highest paid safety in the world value to him, trade him to the bears for tommie harris or some **** lol. Trade him to detroit for roy williams, trade him to AZ for Boldin, trade him to philly for lito, trade him to somewhere....for anyone please lol

steelcityrockers
05-23-2008, 11:39 PM
I do not want under any circumstances Roy Williams. He literally cannot play the pass. Brett Keisel is probably better in coveage than him. We already have a bg hitter that can't cover (Anthony Smith).

If they trade him (they won't, that I guarantee), I want a lineman or a high draft pick.

K Train
05-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I do not want under any circumstances Roy Williams. He literally cannot play the pass. Brett Keisel is probably better in coveage than him. We already have a bg hitter that can't cover (Anthony Smith).

If they trade him (they won't, that I guarantee), I want a lineman or a high draft pick.

i meant sweeds mentor roy williams lol.

that was a joke lol were pretty good at WR.

introyitrust
05-24-2008, 01:20 AM
As my screen name suggests, I am a big Troy fan.
I know that these workouts don't make you think of it benefiting a football player but it does appear to simulate the movements that he makes during a game. We all know that Troy is a different type of cat and this is further evidence. If this is what he did in the past (when he was the Flyin' Hawaiian) I don't see how any of us can question the results.
With all that being said this is an important year for Troy coming off two sub-par (to his standard) seasons.

SteelersWoman
05-24-2008, 01:47 AM
The "conventional" program Troy tried for the last two years sure didn't get the job done, so if bringing back his old way of training works for him, then I'm all for it.

steelerfan11
05-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Give him a chance...it worked before and hopefully it will work again. IF he comes out and plays like he did when we first drafted him or when he was at USC then you all will be sucking his dick, give the guy a chance. If he has an injury free season and plays decent then the next season he might have an amazing season. I say give him a break and see what happens. He is an amazing athlete and can get back to the way he played.

steelcityrockers
05-24-2008, 10:31 AM
i meant sweeds mentor roy williams lol.

that was a joke lol were pretty good at WR.

O, well, uh...my bad, G.

TEEMONT
05-24-2008, 11:23 AM
That **** had him huge while at USC, so I don't see an issue with it. He's going back to what worked for him in the past. At least he is working out with weights this year.

I've been one of his bigger critics, but before I knocked any of those workouts, I would have to try them. It looks like it's some kind of weighted "crossfit" routine, which could very well lead to him being solid as ****.

I did crossfit stuff when I was at ALS (Airman Leadership School) b/c they don't allow us to workout with weights while in that class. Troy is basically doing the same things we did, but with extra weights. You all would be amazed how strong that stiff can make you. I went into ALS benching 230 8 times, and I when I benched last week for the first time in 5 weeks, I threw up 250 8 times.

The more flexible the dude is, the less injury prone he's going to be, and like I said, those workouts are going to make him strong.

I'm more worried about him being unable to come down with a pick, or whiffing on tackles, then I am with him being able to push metal off of his chest.

Brady Quinn can press 225 like 25 times, he's a **** QB.

Iron City South
05-24-2008, 03:37 PM
That shiat had him huge while at USC, so I don't see an issue with it.

Wrong. Troy didn't start this type of routine until he was in the NFL. When he attended USC he worked out in their weightroom with weights ... in the manner that real football players train which is why was was about 15 pounds heavier than his current "flee" weight. He didn't start the "unconventional" routine until his 2nd or 3rd year in the league ... claiming that its what his body was telling him was good for him at this stage of his career. :evilshake: He got away from it the past year or two.

I did crossfit stuff when I was at ALS (Airman Leadership School) b/c they don't allow us to workout with weights while in that class. Troy is basically doing the same things I did. I went into ALS benching 230 8 times, and I when I benched last week for the first time in 5 weeks, I threw up 250 8 times.

Great, thanks for sharing :yellowthumb: .. but this thread isn't about you, it's about Troy and his flee weight and candy assed workout routine.

K Train
05-24-2008, 03:39 PM
on other boards im basically alone with my troy hating, but because hes a soft spoken, all-of-the-sudden spiritual lion impersonator everyone thinks this stuff is acceptable and hes still one of the best....making me hate him more

BlitzburghRockCity
05-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Troy worked out with both weights and doing this crossfit, cross training, unconventional, whatever it is he's doing now. He's still using weights, using machines, and doing things to make his body more flexible and less prone to injury as well as getting back into football shape and being solid. He's still going to come into camp being fit and ripped from all of this; it's not like he's sitting around pounding home Cheeseburgers all summer so he can show up and fail the run test in camp.

Im not worried at all about him being in shape, Im worried about him getting back to the guy that made picks, broke up passes, and made solid tackles. This stuff will help him stay healthy which means being able to participate in a full camp in July which means a better chance of seeing the old Troy again. Just lifting weights, doing crunches, and bench pressing doesn't guarantee him being any better than he was 4 years ago; so his workout routine is different, no big deal IMO.

Iron City South
05-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Im not worried at all about him being in shape, Im worried about him getting back to the guy that made picks, broke up passes, and made solid tackles. This stuff will help him stay healthy which means being able to participate in a full camp in July which means a better chance of seeing the old Troy again. Just lifting weights, doing crunches, and bench pressing doesn't guarantee him being any better than he was 4 years ago; so his workout routine is different, no big deal IMO.

I'm not worried about him being in shape either .... that's not the issue. The problem is, he's NOT as strong and NOT at big as he was when we moved up to draft him out of USC. He's playing about 15 lbs. lighter than he was a few years ago and that in itself has made a HUGE difference in his play. Sorry, a 190 lb. soft spoken earthist Safety isn't scaring me ... :2cents:

Here's the 212-215 lbs. Polamalu that I remember from USC. He's not even close to this today .... doesn't even resemble the same player physically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2008, 12:40 AM
He lost a lot being injured so much last year and not being able to work out and stay in football shape. He may not be hitting the free weights and machines in a traditional sense but I think the more he continues to add resistance to the routine he's doing now he'll be able to pack some more of that muscle onto his frame. All those missed tackles last year, missed interceptions, wrong angles, were the result of him just playing poorly so Im not worried so much if he's alittle lighter this year but that he gets back to playing smart. He doesn't have to have the monster hit but he does need to get back to playing mistake free football. Let Ryan Clark or Anthony Smith dish out all the big licks and let Troy make the picks, defense the passes, and use his speed to get after the QB close to the line. He'll be in good enough shape to support the run when they ask him to do.

JensK
05-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I always find it amusing, that people can tell how a player is going to play 3 months from now.

I think the whle discussion is pretty stupid, because one part says he sucks and the other part says he don't, and neither of the two parts would never ever listen to the other >.> I really don't see why we don't let his playing judge for him when the season begins. If he plays like a beast, some will have to say they were wrong, and the other way around if he plays terrible. In any way, its impossible to call now.

Iron City South
05-25-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm basing my position soley on how he played when we drafted him and his first few years as a Steelers when he played in the 210-215 lb. range.

My position is a simple one. He's been injured and he's been playing too light the past few years. He needs to get back into the gym and lift real weights to regain the muscle mass that he lost .... not hop up and down doing leg lifts and sitting on pilates balls with a room full of teenagers.

TampaSteelGirl
09-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I think Troy has been quite upset about not being able to play so i'm sure he's 100% and we will see that this year. His training is brutal! I've never seen anything like it, his training video was on NFL.com. I was quite impressed!!!!

K Train
09-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I think Troy has been quite upset about not being able to play so i'm sure he's 100% and we will see that this year. His training is brutal! I've never seen anything like it, his training video was on NFL.com. I was quite impressed!!!!

he trains like a ****ing figure skater, its brutal for 12 year old girls gymnists. im not entirely sure troy has been upset about getting his huge paycheck every week for sitting on the bench

TampaSteelGirl
09-04-2008, 02:03 PM
he trains like a ****ing figure skater, its brutal for 12 year old girls gymnists. im not entirely sure troy has been upset about getting his huge paycheck every week for sitting on the bench

Whatever!! Have you seen the training video?? I"ll find you the link. Bet you'd cry like a little baby after the first minute!!!

K Train
09-04-2008, 02:09 PM
yeah ive seen it, and it pissed me off because he doesnt train like a football player, let alone one that gets paid as much as he does...and so far his gay little hopping drills havent done what they were supposed to do and keep him conditioned and healthy because hes been on the sidelines

TampaSteelGirl
09-04-2008, 02:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808feae0

Here's the link... I can't wait till Troy has a great year this year so all you Troy haters will shut the hell up!!! :yellowthumb:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

yeah ive seen it, and it pissed me off because he doesnt train like a football player, let alone one that gets paid as much as he does...and so far his gay little hopping drills havent done what they were supposed to do and keep him conditioned and healthy because hes been on the sidelines

HOw else would you explain his explosiveness??? he's all over the damn field! He's here...then there! You can't train like a football player and move like that...watch it again!!!

K Train
09-04-2008, 02:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808feae0

Here's the link... I can't wait till Troy has a great year this year so all you Troy haters will shut the hell up!!! :yellowthumb:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

HOw else would you explain his explosiveness??? he's all over the damn field! He's here...then there! You can't train like a football player and move like that...watch it again!!!
i havent seen explosivness in like 3 years, i see blown coverages and whiffed tackles and him getting eaten alive by blockers....what have you been watching

TampaSteelGirl
09-04-2008, 02:13 PM
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13870&highlight=troy+training

troy is a bitch and were in for another disappointing season....but thanks for loving him blindly, we need people like you

Some Steeler fan you are! Love it! :yellowthumb:

K Train
09-04-2008, 02:17 PM
yep i dont really like the steelers because i dont like one vastly overrated, overpaid player who makes the probowl because he looks like a lion, not because of what he does on the field. He can fly all over the field all he wants, you call that explosive, i call that being out of a position and getting beat...the only difference is im right

SteelerFan87
09-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Did you like the jumping routine?

I think I was too busy looking at the blonde in the turquoise hoodie with the nice *** in the background. :lol:

Seriously though, alot of that stuff, I could see how it could probably work alot of different muscles.

I don't really care what Troy does in the offseason, as long as it works. He could sit around eating twinkies for all I care, as long as he can still produce on the field. :yesnod:

blackngold29
09-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Isn't that the same NFL films video that was on the internet like four months ago? Anyway, I'm not gonna say anything negative because I haven't seen it fail yet. The guy is not an idiot, if he thinks this'll help then why not give it a try? If it doesn't work then don't do it again, but it's worth a shot. I think we should wait for the results before bashing it.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Well it's now or never Troy, let's see that hair flying, crazy, sure tackling, intense, driven player we drafted starting this weekend!!

steelcitysfinestXL
09-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Well it's now or never Troy, let's see that hair flying, crazy, sure tackling, intense, driven player we drafted starting this weekend!!

WORD, i really hope he has a sense of urgency about him self this season. He has been an average player for the last 2 season trying to play through injuries. This defense is good with him at 50% or "Sawed off" Carter in there. They are the best when Troy is playing at a high level.

Im putting faith in the HOPE that with Harrison, Wood, LT, Aaron and Farrior doing what the do so well, Troy may be able get back to form early this season! Not to mention Clark is back with a vengence.

It is now or never for Troy in my book. If he plays 14+ games at a high level during the regular season ill be happy. If he plays 12 or less like he has the last 2, trade hs *** for a LT/draft pick!!!!

Captcoolhand
09-05-2008, 10:14 AM
"I felt pretty good (in the preseason), so I know what to expect out there," Polamalu said. "We'll find out on Sunday."

Polamalu's presence makes a difference because he is exceptional defending against the run yet is one of the best pass rushers among NFL defensive backs. The four-time Pro Bowl safety may be matched regularly against Houston tight end Owen Daniels in the season opener.

Daniels is one of the league's most proficient receivers at tight end, making 63 catches for a 12.2 yards per catch average and three touchdowns last season. He has eight touchdowns in 30 career games.

"Obviously, the one guy that has been there for years and has been flying around the field and makes a ton of plays is Troy Polamalu," Houston quarterback Matt Schaub said. "He's all over the field. You really have to identify where he is and where he is going to be coming from."

Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau often finds new ways for Polamalu to create pressure, and Polamalu himself looks forward to seeing what he'll be doing differently each season.

"We have a lot of playmakers on our defense," he said. "But things change from year to year. Even though we have a lot of the same players, things change every year." Well i'm hoping he's right and we find our old Troy coming into the season......:crossfingers:

ToothAche
09-05-2008, 10:41 AM
This training makes sense. You do have to be strong from the ground up, your feet do have to be in shape, along with the rest of your body. However, your muscles need to be able to explode with all of your might wth every tackle. Without heavy weight training the opposing running back will be running right through your arm tackles in the 4th quarter.
My mamma always said "The proof is in the pudding", not sure what that meant, but I guess time will tell.

JB 67
09-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I guess Im in the minority but I don't see a problem with it :dunno: If it worked for him in the past and helped get him to be the pro bowl player that he's been for us then why not. I mean the last 2 years he trained in Pittsburgh on his own and he ended getting hurt and not playing up to the level we're accustomed to seeing him perform at. Let's not forget the guy had offseason knee surgery so it's not like he's 100% at this point anyways so the fact that he seems to be on the road to recovery and taking his workouts seriously seems like a good idea to me.

I'll reserve any further judgment till I see him play this year.
I agree lets see what he does this year....

ToothAche
09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
His hard hitting style will always lead to injury though, so maybe he really does need to stay in position more and possibly intercept the ball a few more times to give the offense more scoring opportunities.

He has the speed but sometimes his reckless abandonment can hinder the great player Troy can be. Lets all give him a chance and pray this Steeler team can kick some @ss!

:gs:

Dean Denton
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
WOW....I cant believe all this anger...I seem to remember when the Bus was on the shelf for a couple years with injury, we bring in Duce, and then Jerome is back to his old self. Knee injuries take some time to heel, and Troy kept playing on it. If he wants to train like a ballerina...I dont care, there is not another Saftey I would rather have than Troy. He will be back to form, maybe not 100% this season because he just had that knee worked on, but he will be back. Like I said, he missed half the season last year and still made the probowl. Thats says something about the guy,and what the league, and his peers think of him. Flat out the dude is the best in the league, and strikes more fear in to the QB's than any Def player in the game today.
Also, last time I checked, Hines Ward still gets manicures, and the great Lynn Swann also trained as a Ballerina...This is fact.

TampaSteelGirl
09-05-2008, 10:51 PM
I know Troy is going to have a break out year, he's ready and I'm convinced we'll see the old Troy this year!!! :tt02:

K Train
09-06-2008, 12:08 AM
hey hines and santonio can get manicures all they want and alot of players take ballet to improve balance, thats not the point.....troy doesnt lift weights which is what made him what he was, he just stopped when he got his deal. hes a freak of an athlete no doubt, but at his beat he was 220 pounds and throwing up 400 on the bench. point is hes weak now and you cant roll out of bed, eat a carrot, hop around a little bit and play professional football like a perenial pro bowler. hes dicking us over, hes making alot of money and isnt producing.

and for the post that says "troys hard hitting ways" when was troy ever known as a hard hitter....sean taylor was a hard hitter, roy williams is a hard hitter, anthony smith is a hard hitter....troy doesnt fit the mold of a hard hitting safety.

if you really believe there is not one safety in this league that you would rather have than troy then you are clearly a blind homer because by NO means is he the best at his position