PDA

View Full Version : Coming to pittsburgh, need advice

coggsnyrnyg
05-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey guys, new here. Posted in the new addicts thread. I have been to pittsburgh a bunch of times for penguins-rangers and pirates-mets. My brother and I want to come out for Giants Steelers in November. Only hang-up is tickets. Plan on trying through the public on-sale, but I get the feeling it will be fruitless. Stubhub seems over-priced, but if we have to do it we will. Might also try big blue travel, but they will be expensive too. Anyways, is it worth trying the public on-sale or should I just go to Stubhub? Should I try coming out without tickets and scalping in the parking lot? Any other advice you have would be appreciated.

If anyone here has tickets and wants to sell them and avoid stubhub or ebay's commission, let me know. I have rangers season tickets and 1/2 giants season tickets as well as a hook-up at Yankee Stadium and a hotel in NYC. If you'd want to trade.

SteelersWoman
05-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Sorry, can't help ya with tickets or any advice concerning games, since I've never been to one yet. Just wanted to welcome you--in case I don't make it to new addicts thread.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2008, 05:10 PM
The single game tickets aren't on sale yet but when they do it will be a mad dash that will sell quicker than you can blink your eye. Stubhub, tickco, vividseats.com , places like that are the next best option. Ticket brokers are always going to be more expensive but you can usually find the game you want if you're willing to pay the price.

coggsnyrnyg
05-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, we have accepted that we are going to have to pay a premium. Just trying to avoid it. We have been talking about coming to this game since the new schedule format was created in 2000ish and since they wont play again in Pittsburgh til 2016, want to do it now. I am getting married in February, he just graduated Law School, so who knows if we'll be able to make this trip in 8 years. Even so, we don't want to wait the 8 years. We have waited long enough.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
You'll have a great time, plus hopefully some of the SA members will be there too and you'd be welcome to come to the tailgate if you like.

coggsnyrnyg
05-19-2008, 09:32 PM
That sounds cool, thanks a lot. There is a company called big blue travel, they handle road trips to all giants road games. I have heard they do a great job, but are expensive. Seats would be in Giants family section. To me, sitting with them would be boring. If I wanted to sit with other Giants fans, I could stay home. Want to sit with Steelers fans, get yelled at to sit down when the Giants score, all that fun stuff. Gone to see my teams on the road many times, often it is more fun than home game.

Oh, if you guys remember Amos Zereoue, I played with him in HS. He was a year younger than me. Haven't spoken to him in a while, would feel stupid getting hold of him now and asking him to see if he could get me tixx. Actually have a Steelers Amos jersey in white. Need to get a black. For a time, I was a Steelers fan. I took that 2001 loss to the Pats almost as hard as the Super Bowl loss to the Ravens.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-20-2008, 01:18 AM
That sounds cool, thanks a lot. There is a company called big blue travel, they handle road trips to all giants road games. I have heard they do a great job, but are expensive. Seats would be in Giants family section. To me, sitting with them would be boring. If I wanted to sit with other Giants fans, I could stay home. Want to sit with Steelers fans, get yelled at to sit down when the Giants score, all that fun stuff. Gone to see my teams on the road many times, often it is more fun than home game.

Now that's a fan right there, somebody who loves to get yelled at, ridiculed, and just generally made fun of in hostile territory all the the name of being a fan. I love it !!! :clap:

Steel58
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I BOUGHT TIX ON STUB HUB DURING BENS ROOKIE SEASON WHEN THEY PLAYED THE JAGS ON A SUNDAY NIGHT GAME. IT WAS COSTLY BUT WORTH IT WHEN THE STEELERS WON THE GAME AND THE TAILGATING BEFORE THE GAME. I MIGHT HAVE TO USE STUB HUB AGAIN THIS YEAR, TRYING TO GO TO TENNESSEE..

coggsnyrnyg
05-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Now that's a fan right there, somebody who loves to get yelled at, ridiculed, and just generally made fun of in hostile territory all the the name of being a fan. I love it !!! :clap:Oh yeah. That is 75% of the fun of going on the road!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

I BOUGHT TIX ON STUB HUB DURING BENS ROOKIE SEASON WHEN THEY PLAYED THE JAGS ON A SUNDAY NIGHT GAME. IT WAS COSTLY BUT WORTH IT WHEN THE STEELERS WON THE GAME AND THE TAILGATING BEFORE THE GAME. I MIGHT HAVE TO USE STUB HUB AGAIN THIS YEAR, TRYING TO GO TO TENNESSEE..
Yeah, we know we are likely going to have to hit stubhub or craigslist or wherever. I just wish my brother was a fan of someone like Atlanta or Phoenix, a team that ALWAYS has tickets available.

PsychoWard
05-20-2008, 11:40 PM
EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stlrs4Life
05-21-2008, 12:10 AM
You can scalp, and will be successful.

coggsnyrnyg
05-21-2008, 07:54 PM
What do the tixx go for on gameday? I have shown up to Giants games many times and been able to get tixx for face value in the parking lot. Including the 2000 NFC Championship game. We get a lot of tour buses that come down from Albany and Connecticut, and they always have a few extras on hand. I walk over near the buses and all they want to do is get the money back for whoever couldn't make it. Would be a little nervous about driving 6 hours, getting a hotel room and then take the chance of getting shut out.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!true, but I find EBay annoying. My latest purchase is anexample. Went on and looked at jerseys for my brother as a law school grad gift. They had a Lambert,Greene, Greenwood, and Ham, with the 76 patch ending within 5 minutes. Greene was ending in about 10 seconds, by the time I logged on, and tried to bid the auction was over. Put in a bid on the Lambert and it wasn't enough. I bid, 60, it matched the high bid. Tried to bid 61 and it expired. Bid on the Greenwood with about a minute and a half left, got outbid in the last 10 seconds. Bid on the Ham and won. He received it today and he loves it. The point is, if I had a dollar for everytime I got outbid in the last few seconds, let's just say I would have enough to buy the Steelers and have an extra pair of seats installed for my brother and I.

coggsnyrnyg
05-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know the last row in the 500's? Been looking on ebay, stubhub, etc. Seeing a lot of double-letters. Just wondering how high they go.

DBR96A
05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know the last row in the 500's? Been looking on ebay, stubhub, etc. Seeing a lot of double-letters. Just wondering how high they go.

I sat halfway up Section 506 when I was there last November. You get a good view of the whole field from there, and it's not as high up as it may look on a diagram.

coggsnyrnyg
05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
I sit about 10 rows from the top in the corner of Giants stadium. I don't mind. Broke down today and bought 3 in 532, row Z. Finding 3 together is not easy, other brother is coming too, so grabbed them. 225 each. Not cheap, but not terrible.

Stlrs4Life
06-08-2008, 10:10 PM

JJ in Sec 514.