PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS IN MEMPHIS, TN!!

memphissteelergirl
05-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes, guys and gals, there were several Steelers right here in the River City last Friday! I'm talkin' Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Santonio Holmes, Deshea Townsend, Ike Taylor and yes, even Joey Porter (OK, so technically he's not a Steeler anymore, but hey, we all still consider him one, right? )

OK, so here's the deal....I got an email from a lady in the local Steeler club (of which I am a member) saying that there were going to be some Steelers in town for some local charity golf event in MS that Deshea sponsors every year. I'm thinking "great, but why haven't I heard anything in the local news about it?" I knew she would not send any false information knowingly. So I figured I would go to the local sports bar where this was supposed to be happening, a camera, my SBXL Terrible Towel, and a Sharpie discreetly tucked into my tote bag just in case (hey I did not want to look like a dork if this did not happen). Well I got there and there was indeed a banner hanging above the entrance. I saw a lot of familiar faces from the club there and I sat with them for a drink.

They were supposed to be arriving at the bar around 7:00 p.m. Well the time had come and gone and we were all getting more than a little antsy. The waitress serving our table assured us they were just running a bit behind schedule and would be arriving soon. When they (the staff) got the word they were on the way, we were instructed to move into one of the large pool rooms in the back where they would be signing autographs. Well, long story short, they did arrive. And I still cannot believe I was standing only six feet away from my heroes. Now anyone who knows me knows I am not easily starstruck, but this time I was!! I even got a picture with Peezy! Got several autographs on my TT, too!!

I will try to post some pictures soon...I only had a disposable camera so I will see if I can get the pictures on a CD-ROM and try to get them on that way!!

All I can say is WOW!! :tt02::cope: :banana:

TampaSteelGirl
05-19-2008, 01:15 PM
that sounds AWESOME!!! HOpe to see some pics soon!! Have fun girl!!! :tt02:

ejsteeler
05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm jealous.....:evilshake:

Good for you though!!!!:yesnod: I certainly would have benn pumped. :yellowthumb:

MDSteel15
05-19-2008, 01:33 PM
You are like, WOW! I am so jealous......lol

AZ_Steeler
05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
That is awesome!!!!

:worthless:

memphissteelergirl
05-19-2008, 01:46 PM
That is awesome!!!!

:worthless:

Aiight, aiiight, AZ! Point taken! LOL :bluelol: I said I would try to get them posted asap...may need to help to get them posted, 'k??

Steel58
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
:tt02:One word, jealous

BlitzburghRockCity
Wow that is way cool, please post up the pics as soon as you get them. We could use them for a story Im working on for the site about members and the Steeler players they've gotten to meet and talk with.

AZ_Steeler
Aiight, aiiight, AZ! Point taken! LOL :bluelol: I said I would try to get them posted asap...may need to help to get them posted, 'k??

:bigthumb: No problem! :D

steelerfan11
05-19-2008, 02:38 PM
I've been there...I met Ben and got his autograph along side Lemieux's the summer Ben got drafted. I volunteered at Lemieux's golf outing and I have to say i was starstruck. The part that sucked was being an arms length away from Jordan and not getting his autograph...he was only signing for kids under 12 (damn it sucks being old...haha)

can't show any pics...the Nike hat i got autographed is back home...sorry.

steelersgal86
05-19-2008, 02:42 PM
wow...that is awesome...cant wait to see the pics:yellowthumb:

SteelersWoman
05-19-2008, 02:51 PM
You lucky duck!

Like you, I'm not the kind that's easily starstruck. I've gotten to meet a couple of music stars, but to me it was nothing special...but if I were to be IN the same room with several Steelers, it'd be goosebump city lol (I've got goosebumps just thinkin about it)

Can't wait to see the pics :D

ejsteeler
05-19-2008, 03:05 PM
On a similar note, a friend of mine was in a golf tourny with Greg Lloyd last year and got me his signature. I finally got it this weekend. He was one of my favorites. :cope:

dick rasile
05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Yes, guys and gals, there were several Steelers right here in the River City last Friday! I'm talkin' Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Santonio Holmes, Deshea Townsend, Ike Taylor and yes, even Joey Porter (OK, so technically he's not a Steeler anymore, but hey, we all still consider him one, right? )

OK, so here's the deal....I got an email from a lady in the local Steeler club (of which I am a member) saying that there were going to be some Steelers in town for some local charity golf event in MS that Deshea sponsors every year. I'm thinking "great, but why haven't I heard anything in the local news about it?" I knew she would not send any false information knowingly. So I figured I would go to the local sports bar where this was supposed to be happening, a camera, my SBXL Terrible Towel, and a Sharpie discreetly tucked into my tote bag just in case (hey I did not want to look like a dork if this did not happen). Well I got there and there was indeed a banner hanging above the entrance. I saw a lot of familiar faces from the club there and I sat with them for a drink.

They were supposed to be arriving at the bar around 7:00 p.m. Well the time had come and gone and we were all getting more than a little antsy. The waitress serving our table assured us they were just running a bit behind schedule and would be arriving soon. When they (the staff) got the word they were on the way, we were instructed to move into one of the large pool rooms in the back where they would be signing autographs. Well, long story short, they did arrive. And I still cannot believe I was standing only six feet away from my heroes. Now anyone who knows me knows I am not easily starstruck, but this time I was!! I even got a picture with Peezy! Got several autographs on my TT, too!!

I will try to post some pictures soon...I only had a disposable camera so I will see if I can get the pictures on a CD-ROM and try to get them on that way!!

We have to get you to Canton this summer, you'll go crazy if you love the players that much.

Mike Tomlin
05-19-2008, 03:34 PM

Soon as I leave home they decide to show lol! I used to see Deshea all the time when he came home and did the football camp in Mound Bayou,MS. When i was in Memphis I never found a Steelers Bar maybe thats because I was the only Steelers fan I knew there LOL! The one year I'm not there we play the Titans in Nashville, every year I hoped they would schedule that game. Boy do I miss BEALE street.

floodcitygirl
05-19-2008, 03:35 PM
That's awesome Memphis! Love to see those pics. I've had the opportunity to meet Greg Lloyd, Jack Lambert and James Harrison so I do understand. Glad you had fun.

Steel58
05-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Did you get hines autograph? My son and I got his autograph when he was signing in Atlanta last summer. He is a class guy shook our hands and he even spoke to my son.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-20-2008, 09:14 AM
You lucky duck!

Like you, I'm not the kind that's easily starstruck. I've gotten to meet a couple of music stars, but to me it was nothing special...but if I were to be IN the same room with several Steelers, it'd be goosebump city lol (I've got goosebumps just thinkin about it)

Can't wait to see the pics :D

I tend to get starstruck only when it's someone or a group I really like, then I get like goosebump city and usually don't take my eyes off them till we leave :lol: If I were in the same room with all those Steelers like you were I'd be more excited than a kid on Christmas morning! In the past when we've gone to the fan blitz and stood in line to get autographs it was just awesome; once you get that first glipse of the players you've been waiting to meet, that's a great feeling!

That's just part of being a fan, getting excited to see your gridiron heros and the guys you talk about every day to your friends, co workers, and on the internet.

memphissteelergirl
05-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I tend to get starstruck only when it's someone or a group I really like, then I get like goosebump city and usually don't take my eyes off them till we leave :lol: If I were in the same room with all those Steelers like you were I'd be more excited than a kid on Christmas morning! In the past when we've gone to the fan blitz and stood in line to get autographs it was just awesome; once you get that first glipse of the players you've been waiting to meet, that's a great feeling!

That's just part of being a fan, getting excited to see your gridiron heros and the guys you talk about every day to your friends, co workers, and on the internet.

That's exactly what I was, TG....like a kid at Christmas! :bluelol:I can only imagine what I'm gonna be like in December when they play the Titans in Nashville! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-24-2008, 01:36 AM
You get those pictures off your camera yet? I can't wait to see them. :D

memphissteelergirl
05-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey TG,

I'm going to pick those up today....hope I'll be able to upload them!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Great, if you have any problems just let me know. :)

Stlrs4Life
05-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Congrats Memphis, glad ya had a good time.

CaliforniaSean
05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
very cool, too lucky, that wont ever happen in los angeles so i will live the fantasy through your pictures.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cope:

steelersgal86
05-28-2008, 05:21 AM
Hey TG,

I'm going to pick those up today....hope I'll be able to upload them!

:waiting: :nahnah:

memphissteelergirl
05-28-2008, 09:27 AM
:waiting: :nahnah:

*Sigh*....so impatient! :bluelol:

I got them last night, folks! So with TG's assistance I hope to post them soon.

The management apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause
:nahnah:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Sent ya a PM memphis :)

BlitzburghRockCity
05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Hines Ward

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/5/30/f_56420017m_5cf2072.jpg

Joey Porter

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/4/5/30/f_56420021m_d2bb48b.jpg

Deshea Townsend

http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/4/5/30/f_56420022m_5ba46ee.jpg

memphissteelergirl
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your help on these, TG!! :yellowthumb::tt02:

steelersgal86
05-30-2008, 04:21 PM
awesome...great pics:yellowthumb: thanks for sharing...

floodcitygirl
06-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Very nice.