PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu's alternative training plans..what do you think?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-16-2008, 07:14 AM
In this article from the Post Gazette today (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08137/882364-66.stm)

It talks about how Troy has left the teams organized training program and won't return till training camp in July. He's headed back to his original methods that he is more comfortable with. Tomlin seems to be ok with it.

Coach Mike Tomlin's reaction? Go for it.

"It probably works for him because he's sold on it, and that's part of it," Tomlin said this week. "The reality is he's recovering from an injury, he's unable to participate in organized team activities, so it provides an opportunity for him to do what he feels good about."

Polamalu would not blame his various injuries for what he considered a disappointing season. He thinks some injuries may have occurred because he did not train the past two offseasons with Marv Marinovich at his Sports Lab in Orange County, Calif. He has worked with Marinovich and followed his unique workout routines since his days at Southern California.

"I was just talking to him about it," Marinovich said, "and I asked if he felt he was in the best condition of his life when he was out here full time. He felt he was beyond where he was before and he needed to try to get that back.

check out the article, it's pretty elightening as to how his training program works and why his trainer feels it's the best way to go.

steelersgal86
05-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Very good article:yellowthumb: Let's hope it works :crossfingers: we cant have another season with Troy having no interceptions and no sacks :nono::nono:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
05-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Yea hopefully Troy has watched some game tape from last year and is embarrased by some of the whiffs he was pulling,He doesn't come off as one of those "just out there to collect a check type guys" So i'm sure he'll be back to REAL Pro Bowl form, not just getting in from his name alone.

JensK
05-16-2008, 10:41 AM
As long as it works, sure..

floodcitygirl
05-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Sounds like Troy is getting back to what has worked for him. I'm looking forward to the results. Enjoyed that article.

ejsteeler
05-16-2008, 11:30 AM
I wish more of the team bought into it. Go Troy go!!!! :cope:

Steel58
05-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Who cares how he works out as long he is ready for the season:cope:

LatrobePA
05-16-2008, 01:34 PM
I say I'm sick of his lack of wrapping up for what ever reason last season he only wanted to lawn dart people. Come on Troy get your **** together!!

K Train
05-16-2008, 02:07 PM
yeah ill believe it when i see it

BlitzburghRockCity
05-16-2008, 04:43 PM
All we can do now is wait and see if this pays off and if it does then we can question why he changed training techniques in the first place. The dude's career in college and the NFL up until last year speak for itself, he's got the stuff and he's one of the best Safeties in the game when he's healthy and playing the way he's capable of. Im interested to see how he comes back this year after getting back to his old training methods because if he still struggles then the team will be in a precarious position of keeping him with such a big salary cap number.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Troy was quoted on NFLN tonight as saying he expects to be in the best shape of his career heading into this years camp...we'll see what happens but hopefully this prediction comes true.

BlitzburghNation
05-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Troy was quoted on NFLN tonight as saying he expects to be in the best shape of his career heading into this years camp...we'll see what happens but hopefully this prediction comes true.

Now that's some great news,,,,,,,,,,, :tt02:

Cannot wait till september~~~ :towelwave:

Steel58
05-21-2008, 09:25 AM
What ever! If he gets healthy doing it his way let the man do it his way

portcityblackandgold
05-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Anything that puts the fire back in his game is good for the team

K Train
05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
whatever i hope they make him cut his hair to **** him off

DIESELMAN
05-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Who cares how he works out as long he is ready for the season:cope:

Thats just it, he went to smelling flowers and writing poetry as part of his workout, thats why the injuries started, he wasn't conditioned for the rigors of an NFL Safety. Hopefully this year he can get back to us counting on him week after week, teams haven't had to account for him in a couple of years....thats what we miss from him.