PDA

View Full Version : 08 NBA Playoffs

Hawk Believer
05-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Here is a discussion starter... Do you think the defending champs can win the next two to advance? Koopa?

Game 6 seems like a shoe in for the Spurs at home. But I could see it going either way back in New Orleans for game 7. It sure looks like the Hornets should win. But if any team has the experience to pull off a lock down game 7 right now its the Spurs. Its getting me slightly re-interested in the NBA after the snowballing disaster that has been the last couple years of Sonics basketball.

Koopa
05-15-2008, 07:58 PM
it's over, spurs will lose tonight.........IF hell freezes over and we win, i think the spurs will win game 7, game 7 has so much pressure i don't think a young team could beat a team that has won a game 7 in the finals

but like i said, it ends tonight, spurs usually don't come out to play on the face of elimination, so congrats to the hornets

also, the finals was set up from the moment kg was traded to boston, it's gonna be celtics vs lakers........... it's the only matchup stern will allow.......... no way a small martket team wins back to back

Hawk Believer
05-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Hadn't thought about it that way. As crazy as that sounds, the NBA is so messed up these days it doesn't sound entirely improbable.

A renewal of the Lakers/Celtics would be a huge draw for those people nostalgic for the 80s.

How has the refs been so far?

Koopa
05-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Hadn't thought about it that way. As crazy as that sounds, the NBA is so messed up these days it doesn't sound entirely improbable.

A renewal of the Lakers/Celtics would be a huge draw for those people nostalgic for the 80s.

How has the refs been so far?

somewhat horrible, so inconsistent, they are obviously for the home teams

Hawk Believer
05-15-2008, 08:43 PM
I guess that explains why there has only been one road win this whole round.

Koopa
05-15-2008, 09:12 PM
spurs **** me off, they play so ****ing soft, i hate when they say we are physical, we play good d, but so soft, they need to put ppl on the floor, i hate these bitch fouls, they need to start sticking their feet under players, **** class

Koopa
05-15-2008, 11:53 PM
what a game by the spurs, ime udoka is ****ing awesome, he needs all of finley's minutes from now on, when he gets extended minutes he makes such a huge impact for us, he has all year.............

game 7 is on monday, should be fun, i guarantee you the team that wins will be by 5 points or less

TEEMONT
05-16-2008, 12:48 AM
it's over, spurs will lose tonight.........IF hell freezes over and we win, i think the spurs will win game 7, game 7 has so much pressure i don't think a young team could beat a team that has won a game 7 in the finals

but like i said, it ends tonight, spurs usually don't come out to play on the face of elimination, so congrats to the hornets

also, the finals was set up from the moment kg was traded to boston, it's gonna be celtics vs lakers........... it's the only matchup stern will allow.......... no way a small martket team wins back to back

u are the most negative fan ever.

lol @ you making excuses for the Spurs already.

Koopa
05-16-2008, 01:02 AM
u are the most negative fan ever.

lol @ you making excuses for the Spurs already.

not making excuses, stating facts.............. and i'm not negative, i'm just truthful lol.......... every time i'm positive **** goes wrong, so i rather be negative lol

TEEMONT
05-16-2008, 03:34 AM
sayin stern wont let the spurs win again isnt a fact....its a conspiracy theory

K Train
05-16-2008, 10:51 PM
celtics and cavs are going to game 7...i cant help but think the celtics are gonna massacre them at home