PDA

View Full Version : Best wishes Rashard

Dan
05-13-2008, 01:24 AM
As a University of Illinois fan, I wanna wish Rashard Mendenhall all of the best in the NFL with the Steelers. I have a feeling that he's gonna work out great for you guys

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2008, 01:26 AM
The Steelers were lucky to have Rashard fall to them...I know I'm thrilled with the pick....

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2008, 01:40 AM
I don't think any of us could have thought he'd have fallen to us. I was very happy with the pick too; he's just what the doctor ordered to not only help the running game but also keep the pass rush at bay because now we have a legit 1-2 punch that won't allow teams to focus solely on the pass rush; especially when Willie is out of the game.

Iron City South
05-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Mendenhall was just as much a "gift" to us on draft day as Ben Roth was, if not moreso considering he slid down to the #24 spot.

memphissteelergirl
05-13-2008, 10:17 AM
As a University of Illinois fan, I wanna wish Rashard Mendenhall all of the best in the NFL with the Steelers. I have a feeling that he's gonna work out great for you guys

Thanks, Dan! I have to admit at first I was kinda :scratch: when they announced his name, but now after realizing what how beneficial he can be to the running game, I am thrilled he's a Steeler....can't wait for the season!
:tt02:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
05-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Let's just all pray that it pans out to be the dynamic duo/thunder lightning combo were all hoping for.Could go down as a historical draft that brought these 2 backs together..or a waste of talent due to coaching staff not utilizing these guys correctly.To be continued.....................

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2008, 02:12 PM
He's got a lot of pressure on him so we need to hope he stays healthy and is able to carry the load when called upon. He wasn't a 1st round pick for nothing so we know he's got the talent, now we just need to bring it out of him and see what he can do in a game situation.

I agree with ICS ( my God that twice today ), that he was a gift dropping to us in the 1st round. Stockpiling these skill players over the last 4 years or so is really beginning to pay off for us. Ben, Holmes, Heath Miller, Mendenhall, Sweed, we've got so much potential and Rashard is the next piece in the puzzle for us to get back to the SB.

ejsteeler
05-13-2008, 02:34 PM
You keep agreeing with ICS, people will start talking.....:lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
05-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Let's just all pray that it pans out to be the dynamic duo/thunder lightning combo were all hoping for.Could go down as a historical draft that brought these 2 backs together..or a waste of talent due to coaching staff not utilizing these guys correctly.To be continued.....................
that's what i worry about, i hope bruce knows how 2 utilize mendenhall an sweed an the rest of the offensive talent we have, with the offense we have we should put up 30 plus point an game:tt02:

manofsteel
05-14-2008, 07:30 AM
RM will be just fine. It was a great pick. Hell be a perfect fit as long as he works hard. IM just glad well be able to run it inside the 5 again

Mike Tomlin
05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
I just watched that Browns vs. Steelers game where Arians kicked our D's *** up and down the field LOL!

Steel58
05-22-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm excited to have Rashard on the team:cope: