PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward's restaurant to be auctioned

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2008, 01:10 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08133/881225-66.stm

Monday, May 12, 2008
By Jonathan D. Silver, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A South Side restaurant co-owned by Steeler Hines Ward will be auctioned next week in U.S. Bankruptcy Court.

The Locker Room Bar & Grill, which has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization, will go on the block May 23.

Interested bidders must register with the Locker Room's attorney, Guy Fustine, of Knox, McLaughlin, Gornall & Sennett, P.C. by May 19 at 5 p.m. Mr. Fustine can be reached at 814-459-2800.

The property to be sold includes the building at 1825 E. Carson St., furniture, equipment, fixtures, food, beverages, the liquor license and name.

That's too bad the restaurant couldn't stay open.

steelersgal86
05-13-2008, 06:01 AM
wow, that stinks

Captcoolhand
05-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Makes you wonder how Ward even got dragged into this deal.:scratch:

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-13-2008, 07:39 AM
How does a multimillionaire file bankruptcy?? Without him being part of it, it's just another bar on the South Side...

Dako
05-13-2008, 08:59 AM
How does a multimillionaire file bankruptcy?? Without him being part of it, it's just another bar on the South Side...

Apparently, even with him involved in it, it was just another bar on the South Side.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
05-13-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm sure he has an advisor that told him to eject now before he looses anymore money.Hines knows he's not going to be in the league much longer so he's trying to line some after football income. On to the next investment Hines!

Stairwayto7
05-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Maybe a great player, but not so good business man

Steelerlyn
05-15-2008, 11:44 AM
I haven't heard him talk about this bar in about 3 years. Didn't someone just "buy" his name? Pittsburgh is sorely lacking in sportsbars. Rod Woodson had a great bar and I also liked Philthy McNasty's...........which also went bankrupt. Most Pittsburghers like the "neighborhood bars" and frequent them 12 months a year while the other bars are more or less tourist attractions and so because of them not being frequented they go bankrupt. Tops is another example.

coggsnyrnyg
05-20-2008, 09:16 AM
I went to Philthy's when I stayed at the Sheraton Station Square one year I was in for Rangers-Pens. Was disappointed when I went back the following year and it was gone. Had also been to the bars over my PNC the last few times I was in town. I think one was called High Tops, but I could be wrong.

Steelerlyn
05-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I went to Philthy's when I stayed at the Sheraton Station Square one year I was in for Rangers-Pens. Was disappointed when I went back the following year and it was gone. Had also been to the bars over my PNC the last few times I was in town. I think one was called High Tops, but I could be wrong.

Yes the name is High Tops.............it went bankrupt just before the opening of last football season. We had reservations at Tops for the Saturday night before our club tailgate in '07. We found out it had gone bankrupt when I called to give them our menu; We had had reservations since Jan '07. Tops was closed to the public they told me over the phone. The only people there were a few employees closing up the books. Another great bar bit the dust. As of last season there were no real sportsbars left in Pitt. Hooters is there, Hard Rock etc but they are not sportsbars, in my book.