PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Tigers

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2006, 08:19 PM
No I'm not a Tigers fan. But I'm rooting for Jimmy Leyland's ball club. I always liked Jimmy and wished the Pirates would have hired him back as their manager. I think he has done a great job with the Tigers. Plus I can't stand the Yankees.

:tt02: So Here We Go Tigers Here We Go :tt02:

Captcoolhand
10-03-2006, 08:24 PM
:blah: :blah: Pirates wont spend the money

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2006, 08:25 PM
:blah: :blah: Pirates wont spend the money

Well no ****ing ****. Thats why I said I wanted the Pirates to hire him back as manager.

Steelerlyn
10-03-2006, 08:57 PM
I am not a baseball fan but I live in Mi, in fact all I know about baseball is a guy pitches the ball to a guy who tries to hit the ball to a few guys in the outfield and the guy who hit the ball better run fast to 1st, 2nd and 3rd base if possible and that a home run is the best you can wish for and that it is the most boring sport I know of.
However, people who are true baseball fans say the game is all about stats, For a reason unknown to me they (baseball personnel and baseball fans) believe statistics are very important to baseball, more so than to football or any other sport that does also keep stats. Is it because statistics have been kept for the Major Leagues since their creation? Presumably statistics were around even before that.

No matter what, I have vowed that I am an official Tiger bandwagoner and should they win the World Series I will definitely buy a Tiger World Series Championship tee shirt, but before I spend the 20 bucks, they have to WIN IT ALL:)

:banana:

PITT23
10-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Im not only rooting for Leyland but also for Gene Lamont and Llyod MacClendon. We've seen that the manager has not been the issue for the Bucs struggles over the last 10 years because each new one is no better than the last.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Go Tigers screw the Yankees!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2006, 09:20 PM
I am not a baseball fan but I live in Mi, in fact all I know about baseball is a guy pitches the ball to a guy who tries to hit the ball to a few guys in the outfield and the guy who hit the ball better run fast to 1st, 2nd and 3rd base if possible and that a home run is the best you can wish for and that it is the most boring sport I know of.
However, people who are true baseball fans say the game is all about stats, For a reason unknown to me they (baseball personnel and baseball fans) believe statistics are very important to baseball, more so than to football or any other sport that does also keep stats. Is it because statistics have been kept for the Major Leagues since their creation? Presumably statistics were around even before that.

No matter what, I have vowed that I am an official Tiger bandwagoner and should they win the World Series I will definitely buy a Tiger World Series Championship tee shirt, but before I spend the 20 bucks, they have to WIN IT ALL:)

:banana:

Lyn, you are totally correct Baseball is such a stat driven sport. Thats why all the pure baseball buffs are in such an uproar with all these players taken roids.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-03-2006, 09:48 PM
5-0 bastard yanks in the 5th. :cursin: :bigfinger:

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-03-2006, 10:15 PM
5-3 now in the top of 6th

Steelerlyn
10-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Boy it looks there are alot of fans there. Don't baseball fans wear jerseys? Or whatever baseball gear is called?

House of Steel
10-03-2006, 10:50 PM
They are called Jerseys, Lyn.

Steelerlyn
10-03-2006, 11:07 PM
They are called Jerseys, Lyn.

Like I have said many times I know nada about baseball. thanks for the tip :)

House of Steel
10-03-2006, 11:13 PM
No problem, Lyn. You know we are good buddies all the time. :greengrin: Thanks for the comment on the car. How is everything up there in Michigan? I bet the foilage is at peak by now right?

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Tigers win 4-3. Going back to detroit series tied at 1-1. Woohoo!

SteelerFan87
10-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Lyn, stats are important in baseball not just because of the tradition, but also because stats in baseball tell you alot more than stats in football or other sports. A hit is a hit, a strikeout is a strikeout, a home run is a home run. While in football, you can have a QB who throws alot of TD passes and it might be just because he has great WRs, in baseball, if a guy hits alot of home runs, it's because he's a great hitter, no question. (Obviously steroids can affect this, but you DO have to be a great hitter in order to get the contact to hit those home runs. Barry Bonds is a great hitter, steroids or not. It's just that the extra strength from the steroids makes his hits go farther)

As for why you don't see alot of fans wearing baseball jerseys, I guess it's because baseball jerseys are pretty much just shirts with a number, name, and team logo on them. There's not really anything special about them. :dunno:

And yeah, I'm rooting for the Tigers too, for Jim Leyland, Gene Lamont, Lloyd McClendon, and also Sean Casey, Andy Van Slyke, and any other former Bucs on his staff that I didn't mention.

Steelerlyn
10-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Lyn, stats are important in baseball not just because of the tradition, but also because stats in baseball tell you alot more than stats in football or other sports. A hit is a hit, a strikeout is a strikeout, a home run is a home run. While in football, you can have a QB who throws alot of TD passes and it might be just because he has great WRs, in baseball, if a guy hits alot of home runs, it's because he's a great hitter, no question. (Obviously steroids can affect this, but you DO have to be a great hitter in order to get the contact to hit those home runs. Barry Bonds is a great hitter, steroids or not. It's just that the extra strength from the steroids makes his hits go farther)

As for why you don't see alot of fans wearing baseball jerseys, I guess it's because baseball jerseys are pretty much just shirts with a number, name, and team logo on them. There's not really anything special about them. :dunno:

And yeah, I'm rooting for the Tigers too, for Jim Leyland, Gene Lamont, Lloyd McClendon, and also Sean Casey, Andy Van Slyke, and any other former Bucs on his staff that I didn't mention.

Thank you for taking the time to explain all ol that to me. As I clearly stated I am NOT a baseball fan and so it looked strange to me for the fans to NOT be wearing a jersey. But you say they are basically just shirts, not jerseys. That makes more sense.

GO TIGERS!~ I am a bandwagoner.......this whole state has gone nuts!~
This is MEEECCHHHHHHHIGANNNNNN WEEK and the local radio channels are not even talking about it LOL.

SteelerFan87
10-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah, baseball jerseys can be as simple as pretty much a T shirt with the name, number, logo, etc on it, a short sleeve shirt with buttons, or it can be a vest like the Pirates have. It's not even made out of the same material as football/hockey/basketball jerseys.

Steelersfan
10-05-2006, 11:56 PM
I'll be cheering for whoever the Yankees are playing!

Go Tigers!.....lol