PDA

View Full Version : Good hotel

okiesteeler
05-04-2008, 08:51 AM
I need a good hotel close to Heinz field, can anyone recommend one for me?

steelershoss
05-04-2008, 09:45 PM
hey there, My wife and I stayed at the Marriot by the Mellon Arena for the weekend of the opener. Not super close, buit close enough that we walked back from the game. About a half hour walk, but it was good times. Met Louis Lipps while staying there.

Number99
08-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I stayed at the Marriot next to PNC Park last yr and will be staying there this yr for week one. Its a short walk to the stadium and the best place to stay IMO for out of towners. Just make sure you get the room well in advance they dont last long for game weekends.

steelersgal86
08-15-2008, 09:30 AM
We are staying at the Best Western..and hoping it is nice...I will know in a couple of days...it is 2 miles away and has a free shuttle...

Potsie51
08-20-2008, 01:22 PM
We are staying at the Best Western..and hoping it is nice...I will know in a couple of days...it is 2 miles away and has a free shuttle...
Did you stay at the Best Western Parkway Center Inn? If so how was it? I am looking for a hotel for the ravens game.

Thanks

steelersgal86
08-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Did you stay at the Best Western Parkway Center Inn? If so how was it? I am looking for a hotel for the ravens game.

Thanks

Yes...and it was very nice..I thought a little on the pricey side but we booked thru expedia.com...you even get 3 free cocktails in the lobby from 5-7 unfortunetly we only made it for one of those :cursin: saw they had a free breakfast buffet but noticed at 9:15 and it was only until 9..but the hotel was very clean and the rooms are very nice and recently updated...I would recommend it..and they have a free shuttle to and from heinz field...:yellowthumb:

Potsie51
08-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Great! Thanks for your help!!!

Steelerlyn
08-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Yes...and it was very nice..I thought a little on the pricey side but we booked thru expedia.com...you even get 3 free cocktails in the lobby from 5-7 unfortunetly we only made it for one of those :cursin: saw they had a free breakfast buffet but noticed at 9:15 and it was only until 9..but the hotel was very clean and the rooms are very nice and recently updated...I would recommend it..and they have a free shuttle to and from heinz field...:yellowthumb:

We stayed at the Best Western Greentree one time then everyone wanted to try out the Radisson Greentree which has many more amenities than the Best Western. We love it there and will continue staying there, we have tried most all of them. We used to only stay in Cranberry but many members wanted to stay in da burg so, therefore we moved.

No matter where you stay you will have a great time..............there is nothing like a Steeler football weekend and no people nicer and kinder than the folks from Anywhere, PA......I am so happy for all of you who are going to a game!~

Stlrs4Life
08-24-2008, 08:45 PM
I need a good hotel close to Heinz field, can anyone recommend one for me?

Spring Hill Suites is the closest. The Hilton is right accross the River, you can walk across the bridge to the stadium from there. Book early though, rooms go pretty fast.

Aunkster
08-25-2008, 07:16 AM
we stay at the sheraton in station square every year and take the clipper to the game

coggsnyrnyg
08-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Getting married in February. Going to Detroit for rangers-wings oct 18th, pittsburgh for giants-steelers on the 26th, and then vegas the following weekend. What does this mean? It is going to be an expensive October. Staying at the Red Roof Inn out in Monroeville, trying to keep it cheap. Have stayed there a few times when I was out there for Rangers-Pens, an easy 20 minute drive to the stadium. Well, 20 minutes to the area.

PsychoWard
08-25-2008, 10:19 AM

just to add to this it was a 2 minute drive to the stadium!!!!