PDA

View Full Version : Steelers say Colclough has neck injury, is questionable

Friday133
10-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Steelers say Colclough has neck injury, is questionable
Tuesday, October 03, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Cornerback Ricardo Colclough, whose muffed punt in the fourth quarter helped the Bengals beat the Steelers in their last game, may not play in their next one.

Colclough has a mysterious neck injury that coach Bill Cowher said "surfaced" over the Steelers off week and was discovered only on Monday. He listed him as questionable today.

Cowher also listed halfback Najeh Davenport as questionable for the Steelers' game in San Diego Sunday night. Davenport's right calf was strained in practice Monday. The only other player listed as injured is safety Troy Polamalu, probable with a shoulder injury that has not prevented him from playing in the past two games.

Post-Gazette (http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06276/727034-100.stm)

interesting. maybe this explains a lot?

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2006, 02:00 PM
I think this neck injury is bull crap. Just another excuse.

Prosdo
10-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, I guess we get to see Mr. Reid then. Woohoo!

AZ_Steeler
10-03-2006, 02:50 PM
He could have tweaked his knecked trying to feild that punt that hit him right in the facemask! :dunno:

IMO, this is an excuse to get him off the roster and get someone else back to return punts. In other words... Cowher is trying to cover up his mistakes rather than just saying he ****ed up!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2006, 03:16 PM
He could have tweaked his knecked trying to feild that punt that hit him right in the facemask! :dunno:

IMO, this is an excuse to get him off the roster and get someone else back to return punts. In other words... Cowher is trying to cover up his mistakes rather than just saying he ****ed up!

I agree totally with your statement bro.

:banana: No more Ricardo Colclough on punt returns.:banana:

Blitzburgh55
10-03-2006, 03:21 PM
:tt02: Best injury ever :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
10-03-2006, 03:31 PM
:tt02: Best injury ever :bigthumb:

No kidding! :lol:

;) I hope he's all right and has a speedy recovery http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/azsteeler/smilies/explode.gif

I'm going to feel really bad if there is something wrong with him...

SteelerFan87
10-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I noticed Polamalu is still listed as injured. When is he going to be 100%?

Koopa
10-03-2006, 09:56 PM
hopefully he gets better but it's probably more of a brain injury for being so damn stupid and not being able to field a damn punt

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2006, 10:08 PM
I dont care if he has a strained neck, a broken leg, or he's lost his brain somewhere in the locker room. As long as he's not on the field this sunday night that's all I care about. Bring on Reid !!!

Koopa
10-03-2006, 10:11 PM
is he really a bad corner though??? i never seen anything horrible of him playing defense....i just know he sucks complete *** on special teams

Steelerlyn
10-03-2006, 10:17 PM
this is bad news, right? :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2006, 10:23 PM
is he really a bad corner though??? i never seen anything horrible of him playing defense....i just know he sucks complete *** on special teams

Dude he gets burnt more in the secondary then my morning bagel in our POS toaster at work. In preseason he looked worse then he did last year when was atleast somewhat decent as a backup CB in the dime when we needed him.

Koopa
10-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Dude he gets burnt more in the secondary then my morning bagel in our POS toaster at work. In preseason he looked worse then he did last year when was atleast somewhat decent as a backup CB in the dime when we needed him.

oh, i never pay attention to the sob so i never noticed him getting owned.....i saw henry make ike his bitch though

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
In previous years Ike would shadow Chad Johnson all over the field, last week they rotated him and Deshea around in the secondary. Ike didn't have his best game but he did do well against Johnson.

It's one thing to shut down the teams #1 WR but it's another to get burnt by the rest of them.

K Train
10-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Alot of good reports coming out of pittsburgh this week:bigthumb:

I hope Willie Reid is as good as we all think.

BBG7
10-03-2006, 11:26 PM
I dont care if he has a strained neck, a broken leg, or he's lost his brain somewhere in the locker room. As long as he's not on the field this sunday night that's all I care about. Bring on Reid !!!

I couldn't agree with you more!!!! It is kindof strange that this little injury just popped up though! :cabbagepatch:

Steelx
10-03-2006, 11:46 PM
I go back to my argument from the past.

Why do you draft 2 punt returners in the draft and do not start either of them? And this maybe a little off topic but speaking of the draft. WILL THE REAL SANTONIO HOLMES PLEASE STAND UP?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2006, 12:10 AM
The same reason we draft RB's and release them, then trade for a FA RB and release him , then sign a FA RB to play and he never sees the field :dunno:

Steelersfan
10-04-2006, 12:14 AM
I haven't seen anything about Reid being on the roster for this game. Does anyone have any info on Reid being brought up?

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Just because Ricardo Colclough is not playing. While it would be nice to see Reid out there. There is no guarantee that Reid will be the one to replace him.

AZ_Steeler
10-04-2006, 11:37 AM
The same reason we draft RB's and release them, then trade for a FA RB and release him , then sign a FA RB to play and he never sees the field :dunno:

you left our QB's too ;)

K Train
10-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Reid has been on the roster...i think this coclough "situation" will allow him to dress.......Cowher said hes been more impressive than holmes or coclough in the return game...sooooo...PLAY HIM :banging:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Yes yes Willie Reid should play and if he doesn't Sundany then I'm going to be mighty pissed at our head coach. All this kid Reid did at Florida State was break Deion "Prime Time" Sander's punt return records at Florida State. Just ask Papa Joe how good of a punt returner Willie Reid is. I'm sure Joe is still having nightmares of Reid shredding Penn State's kick cover units.

SteelersWoman
10-04-2006, 05:57 PM

That's my opinion too AZ :bigthumb:

SteelersWoman
10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
A new little Steelers fan--how cute BBG! Hope all goes well for you and baby :)

SteelersWoman
10-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Cowher said hes been more impressive than holmes or coclough in the return game...sooooo...PLAY HIM :banging:

Exactly K-Train--not like he could do any worse than Coc, so give the guy a CHANCE.

BBG7
10-04-2006, 07:19 PM
A new little Steelers fan--how cute BBG! Hope all goes well for you and baby :)

Thanks so much!!! It's less than a week away now!:banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Just after your water breaks, be sure take a few minutes and sign onto SA and let us know you're new addition is ready to meet the world :lol:

BBG7
10-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Just after your water breaks, be sure take a few minutes and sign onto SA and let us know you're new addition is ready to meet the world :lol:

Well I'm going into the hospitol 6 AM on the 10th so sometime that night there should be a new Steelers fan in the world. I am taking my lap top though, so I will hop on here quickly and let you all know.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I was just kidding, I don't expect you to hop on the internet just before or right after your baby is born....

You can wait a couple hours afterwards if you must :lol: :lol:

AZ_Steeler
10-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Maybe Colclough knew he sucked so when he returned he started faking this injury ;) With all seriousness I hope things are all right with him.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/15679573.htm

Steelers' Colclough says injury might be "serious"

PITSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ricardo Colclough said Wednesday he may have a "serious" neck injury, but he hasn't learned the results of tests that may determine how badly he is hurt.

The Steelers have said only that Colclough reported the injury after returning from their three-day break last weekend. The team hasn't played since Colclough's muffed punt inside the 10-yard line led to Cincinnati's pivotal touchdown in a 28-20 victory in Pittsburgh on Sept. 24.

Colclough was allowed to practice Wednesday - something he wouldn't be permitted to do if the Steelers were concerned about the injury - but has been told to avoid contact for now.

"I really don't know too much about what's going on, until the test results come back and we sit down and talk about it," he said.

Colclough, who fumbled on only his fourth NFL punt return attempt, said he is determined to put the game-altering play behind him.

"It's made me stronger because I'm working harder than I ever did before," he said. "Before I was working hard, but now it's to the point where I'm working extra hard."

The Steelers (1-2) come off their two-week break to play Sunday night at San Diego (2-1). Colclough is listed as questionable to play

BBG7
10-04-2006, 08:29 PM
I was just kidding, I don't expect you to hop on the internet just before or right after your baby is born....

You can wait a couple hours afterwards if you must :lol: :lol:

:lol: it will be a few hours...that's for sure.

BBG7
10-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Maybe Colclough knew he sucked so when he returned he started faking this injury ;) With all seriousness I hope things are all right with him.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/15679573.htm

wow...I hope it's nothing really too serious. It is strange though. I wonder what happened

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Just wrap that beautiful new baby in a terrible towel to start out right in the world. :bigthumb:

Can't wait to see the pics of your new little one !

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2006, 08:32 PM
If he's practicing then at this point it seems like it's nothing as far as career ending fortunately.

BBG7
10-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Just wrap that beautiful new baby in a terrible towel to start out right in the world. :bigthumb:

Can't wait to see the pics of your new little one !

I will defiantely wrap her in a terrible towel. I was when I was born, so I have to carry on the tradition!!!! :tt02: :tt02:
When my doc asked me when I wanted to be induced I made sure it was early in the week (don't want to miss a Steelers game)
She already has a bunch of Steelers gear!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Now there's a family of die hards, this new baby is definately coming into the world in style ! :yesnod: :tt02:

K Train
10-04-2006, 08:55 PM
I made sure it was early in the week (don't want to miss a Steelers game)

You have to respect dedication like that.:bigthumb:

floodcitygirl
10-04-2006, 11:15 PM
I will defiantely wrap her in a terrible towel. I was when I was born, so I have to carry on the tradition!!!! :tt02: :tt02:
When my doc asked me when I wanted to be induced I made sure it was early in the week (don't want to miss a Steelers game)
She already has a bunch of Steelers gear!How cool is that???!!! The best of everything to you and your new little one :bigthumb:

House of Steel
10-04-2006, 11:31 PM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2853/twirlingbabyza2.png (http://imageshack.us)

From the looks of the ultrasound, I think the kid got a head start already.

BBG7
10-04-2006, 11:41 PM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2853/twirlingbabyza2.png (http://imageshack.us)

From the looks of the ultrasound, I think the kid got a head start already.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That's my girl!!!! :greengrin: :tt02:

House of Steel
10-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I figured you would of gotten a real kick out of this one. LMAO.