PDA

View Full Version : Time to bench Culpepper?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2006, 10:21 AM
The dolphins are bad, Culpepper clearly hasn't figured out how to play football again since he's been injured. He can't be the old Daunte that ran round, and rolloed out of the pocket, and made alot of plays with is feet. He needs to learn to be more of a pocket passer now IMO. Maybe he's not 100% recovered and needs more time to get back to form, or he may never get back to his old form but either way, is it time to start Harrington in Miami?

Steelersfan
10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!! ....lol Harrington can't do much worse. The Fins offense is just plain stinking up the field.

AZ_Steeler
10-03-2006, 11:41 AM
I feel they need to continue to go with Culpepper. The only way he is going to get back to himself is by being on the field. His numbers were decent this past weekend and he didn't really do anything to cost the Phins the game. It was their running game that couldn't get going against Houston. Maybe that has something to with the Texans first overall pick :lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Maybe it is the offensive coordinator? Geez if the fins bench culpepper in favor harrington. Things will only go from bad to worse.

augustashark
10-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Maybe it is the offensive coordinator? Geez if the fins bench culpepper in favor harrington. Things will only go from bad to worse.

I disagree, Harrington IMO will give the phins a better chance at winning games. He is more mobile and I think with him coming in will give a spark to the rest of the O. Think about it, if you are the Left tackle on this team and you hold your block for 4 seconds and then look behind you and see that Pepper is being sacked, thats gotta burn your ***. With Harrington I think he will make the O-line's job easier.

Friday133
10-03-2006, 05:47 PM
you have to wonder what the dolphins were told prior to signing him. if i remember correctly they also looked at drew brees, and look what he's done so far for the saints.

Captcoolhand
10-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Ya wrong,Ya wrong, Ya wrong, Donte hasn't not been the same after Moss left Minn. Moss made Donte who he is, even before the injuries, donte started looking bad.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Time to bench the QB that was supposed to lead the Dolphins back to Super Bowl glory? Noway I mean the Dolphins were going to dominate the whole NFL with Daunte Culpepper at QB and Culpepper is a better QB then Tom Brady. Now those were not my thoughts. But those were the thoughts of many on a Dolphins message board that I'm a member of. Its clear that Daunte isn't ready to play yet. He did tear 3 knee ligaments. But if the Dolphins bench him then they will be starting Joey Harrington at QB. I rather go with a limp Daunte Culpepper then one of the alltime first round bust in Joey Harrington.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Now Moss wants out of Oakland.

House of Steel
10-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Now why are we talking about the Fins? Why do we care? WE ARE THE STEELERS, that is all we care about. Moss can come to Pittsburgh :greengrin: Man, would he bring some major coverage on him and free up Wilson and Ward. I would love that. I am joking.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Right now they are at the bottom of the NFL. The offense is pathetic and the defense spends way too much time on the field. Harrington isn't much better than culpepper but he may be able to spark the offense. Daunte throws interceptions, gets sacked, and fumbles the ball...Harrington did the same thing in Detroit so really what do you have to lose.

Joey isnt the long term answer for this team but at this point Im not sure culpepper is either until he learns to play within his means and stop trying to force everything.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey Top Gun I don't know about Joey Harrington. I think I rather have a circus monkey starting at QB then Joey Harrington. He is just terrible. I agree Daunte has been flatout terrible as well so far. Well maybe the Fins should just start their third string QB?

House of Steel
10-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey, I could try out and then become the starter for the Miami Dolphins :greengrin: I will make sure I throw lots of picks when we play the Steelers :hilarious:

WelcomeBack
10-04-2006, 02:24 AM
I guess as the only Fins fan here, I will state my opinion lol.

Culpepper, when having time to throw, has been ok. The O-Line is BAD and that's the main thing stopping Culpepper at this moment. Right now, we are giving up over 5 sacks per game, that's a TERRIBLE average.

Second factor: the WR's. The only WR able to get open on a consitent basis has been Wes Welker. It's hard to say, but Chris Chambers won't be the answer and is not a #1. Marty Booker also does not have the speed to be an elite #1 in this league.

I feel Daunte stays unless there's an injury to him.

I just hope that we can either salvage the season...or be smart enough to draft a franchise LT next year.

Steelersfan
10-04-2006, 02:31 AM
I haven't seen any Fins games since they played the Steelers but I know in that game Culpepper missed some open WR's. Not blaming it all on him but he has had his share of mistakes just as well as the WR's dropping balls.

WelcomeBack
10-04-2006, 02:35 AM
I haven't seen any Fins games since they played the Steelers but I know in that game Culpepper missed some open WR's. Not blaming it all on him but he has had his share of mistakes just as well as the WR's dropping balls.

Oh definitely. I'm not taking any of the blame OFF of Culpepper...but he is the least of our worries right now. He's improved with EVERY game.

The OL can't block. The front 7 are getting up there in age. The S can't cover anyone yet Jason Allen STILL doesn't get a shot. And Will Allen and Travis Daniels are only playing So-So. Mike Mularkey runs Ronnie so little, it's ridiculous.

Daunte is the LAST person the Fins staff should worry about.

Steelersfan
10-04-2006, 02:45 AM
To be honest I was never a fan of Mike Mularkey. He hasn't shown a whole lot to me.

Friday133
10-04-2006, 08:42 AM
i can't believe how the national media was all over the dolphins as a super bowl contender. seriously what were they thinking?

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-04-2006, 09:22 AM
i can't believe how the national media was all over the dolphins as a super bowl contender. seriously what were they thinking?

Samething when the media whores pick the ratbirds every year. There is always a media darling.

AZ_Steeler
10-04-2006, 11:48 AM

I would like to get a list of all those that picked Miami to call them out :lol: They all must of though Daunte was Jesus or something coming to save an organization that got hot at the end of the year, last year! :dunno:

WelcomeBack
10-04-2006, 02:03 PM
It was simple, the Dolphins were overhyped, and I'll admit that. We added Daunte, Will Allen, Jason Allen and a few other players to help us.

Problem is, we didn't add the O-Line to help Daunte.

Still haven't played Jason Allen at safety.

And Will Allen is only playing, well, okay.

Steelersfan
10-05-2006, 12:08 AM
The Fins D isn't that bad but the o-line hasn't looked so hot. That would be my main concern if I were them.

WelcomeBack
10-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Exactly, that's why I doubt Daunte gets benched. He's improved game after game so far. He can probably continue production. The O-Line will be the main priority all season and off-season.

Steelersfan
10-05-2006, 12:39 AM
What is up with Chambers by the way? He hasn't seemed to have done much this year. Is it part him or mostly some of the things mentioned above?

WelcomeBack
10-05-2006, 07:05 PM
What is up with Chambers by the way? He hasn't seemed to have done much this year. Is it part him or mostly some of the things mentioned above?

I would say it's mostly himself and the team morale as a whole. He hasn't been getting open as much...and when he is, the line has already allowed another sack. He's also dropping some passes...similar situation with Booker. Hence the reason why I said Wes Welker is the best WR so far this season for us.