PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu does things his own way

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2006, 01:31 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06276/726988-66.stm

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Troy Polamalu, who already has unorthodox training routines, has concocted an unusual recipe for getting healthy.

The Steelers' strong safety has been plagued by an injured right shoulder since the opener against Miami.

He played each of the past two games, although he was listed as questionable for each.

Over the past three days, Polamalu went through an intense rehabilitation routine that he described as "Eating junk food and watching movies."

"That's the truth," Polamalu added for the disbelieving. "Relax the mind, the body follows."

Polamalu, who disdains the use of weights to train, has mocked the regimen in training camp and the use of Gatorade as a thirst-quencher, practiced again yesterday.

Despite his shoulder injury, the two-time Pro Bowl strong safety has not missed a practice this year.

"It feels great, really good," Polamalu said.

And the movie he watched that helped the healing process?

"My wife and I watched 'Spaceballs'."

As long as he's healthy for us he can use whatever rehab he wants:lol:

AZ_Steeler
10-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Well when I watch movies and eat junk food I know my body relaxes.... especially around the waistline ;)

Whatever it takes for him though, I just want to see a two armed Troy on the field Sunday night!

SteelerFan87
10-03-2006, 01:35 AM
:lol: Troy Polamalu is the man. (and of course Jeff Wilkins is too :greengrin: ) :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Just relax, have fun,and let you're hair down Troy !! Oh wait, you already do that :lol:

BBG7
10-03-2006, 01:47 AM
Troy is one of a kind...gotta love him!

BengalBrian
10-03-2006, 02:22 AM
Space Balls..

Nice! :lol:

Good flick...

SteelerFan87
10-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Space Balls..

Nice! :lol:

Good flick...

Hopefully this means Troy will be back to playing at his usual "ludicrous speed", and he'll make sure Ben doesn't "switch from suck to blow". :lol:

floodcitygirl
10-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Troy feeling great=the best Steeler news I've heard in a while. Whatever works for ya, Troy!

Friday133
10-03-2006, 09:26 AM
good news about troy's shoulder! let's hope he's a force sunday night, and can shut down gates.

House of Steel
10-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I have a new nickname for Troy= Troy "Superfly" Polamalu. This boy flies around the field like a Taz Devil. He is the best safety I've ever seen play this game. I am so happy that the Steelers got this man.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2006, 11:09 AM
good news about troy's shoulder! let's hope he's a force sunday night, and can shut down gates.

That's exactly right, with Troy following Gates all around the field and punishing him every single play we'll get into his head. Same with our other DB's and LB's. You crush the ball carrier every single time no matter what !

Im looking forward to seeing Troy back to form in a BIG way ! :hail:

cmdrfunk
10-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Polamalu seems a bit daft.

SteelersWoman
10-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Well when I watch movies and eat junk food I know my body relaxes.... especially around the waistline

:hilarious: Me too AZ, me too!

I think that Troy will go into this game in great shape though--and I agree that a two armed Troy is an awesome sight to see on the field! The boy is amAZing when he's up to par.