PDA

View Full Version : Who's better, Mewelde Moore or Willie Parker?

Iron City South
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Now that we got our "every down" back in the draft and we picked up Mewelde Moore in the off-season, is there really a need to keep Parker on the roster? I mean, if you look at Moore he is every bit of Parker and then some. Moore is a solid all-around player (RB and ST's) who has proven that he is capable of starting in this league if the right situation came along. I'm of the opinion that this is a diamond in the rough that just hasn't found the right situation. Heck, playing behind Adrian Peterson had to be tough. I think he's just waiting to show his skills.

Parker on the other hand, while has tremendous heart, has proven that he's not an every down back, can't run between the tackles, can't shed tackles, has below average vision, and now has a bum leg (to what extent of long-term damage we have yet to know).

Is it possible that Willie is now expendable and Moore will overtake him? :stirpot:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I know not even you can seriously believe what you just posted up...put down the alcohol and step away from the pill bottle dude. You can't compare Moore to Parker in that manner and suggest that we cut Willie?

You must be totally bored and looking for some entertainment... :rolleyes:

steelcityrockers
04-28-2008, 05:16 PM
WOW....this a tuffy.

I will say Gary Russel easily.

(please note the sarcasm)

Brady Quinn
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I know I am a Browns fan so my opinion won't mean much but that was one of the worst things I have seen on this site. Willie has been a great back for your team and to even suggest cutting him or that the new back and the moore are as good as parker is stupid

$teelersRule
04-28-2008, 06:35 PM
that is just about the stupidest thing i have ever heard. if i had to pick i would cut Davenport he is too expensive and not contributing enough.

PsychoWard
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
I am at a lost for words!!!!!

Stlrs4Life
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Dumb question. Russell is better than Moore.

Stairwayto7
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Play everybody. And then trade for somebody who can make a tackle on kickoffs

Prosdo
04-28-2008, 07:02 PM
This is a shock value thread atleast I hope lol

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
This is a shock value thread atleast I hope lol

That's exactly what it is; he's bored and looking to stir up some controversy while he opens up another beer and just laughs...

TEEMONT
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
jagoff

Layin the wood
04-28-2008, 07:20 PM
You cant be serious!! Parker is one of the top 5 RBs in the NFL. Moore will be lucky if he even makes the team!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Moore will make the team..........As for him being better then Paker?.....Moore pass catching skills and his route running is better then Willie...But thats it.....

Parker, Mendenhall and Moore with be the top three RBs.....I see Davis as the FB.....Dookie will be gone......Russell might make the team if the Steelers keep five backs.....But I have a feeling they just keep 4.......No need to keep more then 4 with both Mendenhall and Moore on the roster now...

Blitzburgh55
04-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Lay off the crack man

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Moore will make the team..........As for him being better then Paker?.....Moore pass catching skills and his route running is better then Willie...But thats it.....

Parker, Mendenhall and Moore with be the top three RBs.....I see Davis as the FB.....Dookie will be gone......Russell might make the team if the Steelers keep five backs.....But I have a feeling they just keep 4.......No need to keep more then 4 with both Mendenhall and Moore on the roster now...

I give you props 32 for actually humoring him and answering the question in a calm fashion :lol:

At this point I actually think Russell might be odd man out. Davenport did sign a new deal last year so his salary may factor into the decision but I don't know if they have enough confidence to have Russel back there as the 3rd option. I think personally I'd rather have Davenport.

Blitzburgh55
04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
I see obama has alot of smart supporters

PsychoWard
04-28-2008, 08:59 PM

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilar ious::hilarious::hilarious:

Iron City South
04-28-2008, 09:08 PM

Yes, funny you should mention that .... more than the other 2 candidates. :yellowthumb:

Put down your lynching rope people, go back to your homes, there won't be any town hangings tonight ..... I'm only opening up dialogue. Read my post, I didn't say Mewelde IS better than Parker, I merely posed it as a question. :yesnod: Many people who have followed Moore know this guy has skills and is waiting for the right opportunity to put them to good use. On the other hand, Parker isn't as skilled as Moore and is also coming off of a fairly serious injury .... so it's worth discussing. :2cents:

Sheeeesshhhh ralax already ..... You people act like I just pissed on the Pontiff's poodle. .

:whiz:

Blitzburgh55
04-28-2008, 09:19 PM
What has Moore done in the NFL to even be close to parker who lead the NFL in rushing till he got hurt

blinkbdj
04-28-2008, 09:21 PM
You cant be serious!! Parker is one of the top 5 RBs in the NFL. Moore will be lucky if he even makes the team!!!

Lucky? Doubt it. We signed him as a FA primarily to return punts. He has the same build as Parker too and has good hands. He will probably fill in as a situational back. My guess is Russell will be backup FB to Davis next season and Dookie will be cut.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Yes, funny you should mention that .... more than the other 2 candidates. :yellowthumb:

Put down your lynching rope people, go back to your homes, there won't be any town hangings tonight ..... I'm only opening up dialogue. Read my post, I didn't say Mewelde IS better than Parker, I merely posed it as a question. :yesnod: Many people who have followed Moore know this guy has skills and is waiting for the right opportunity to put them to good use. On the other hand, Parker isn't as skilled as Moore and is also coming off of a fairly serious injury .... so it's worth discussing. :2cents:

Sheeeesshhhh ralax already ..... You people act like I just pissed on the Pontiff's poodle. .

I just answered and gave my opinion on your question....I understood you asked a question....I also support Senator Obama....:yellowthumb:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

I give you props 32 for actually humoring him and answering the question in a calm fashion :lol:

At this point I actually think Russell might be odd man out. Davenport did sign a new deal last year so his salary may factor into the decision but I don't know if they have enough confidence to have Russel back there as the 3rd option. I think personally I'd rather have Davenport.

I really don't see Dookie or Russell making the team....I think they will only keep four backs with Moore and now Mendenhall....Davis will be the FB....

Parker, Mendenhall, Moore, and Davis...

Maybe trade Dookie for a late round pick? I would settle for a 7th.......:lol:

ejsteeler
04-28-2008, 09:52 PM

You can't compare legitimately an untested rookie against one of if not the top running back in the NFL. I hate these guessing games.:nono: It's worse because it fuels the media BS...

That, my friend, is an oxymoron..:lol:

Until your party self-destructs like evil has a way of doing...:yesnod:

I don't give a rats arse about the pontiffs poodle:stirpot:

What has Moore done in the NFL to even be close to parker who lead the NFL in rushing till he got hurt

:ditto::yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2008, 09:59 PM
"You can't compare legitimately an untested rookie against one of if not the top running back in the NFL". I hate these guessing games.:nono: It's worse because it fuels the media BS...

What the **** are you talking about...I wasn't comparing a rookie to Willie Parker....You my friend need to learn to comprehend....

The question was about Mewelde Moore being better the Willie Parker? Moore isn't a rookie jack bag.......and yes he is better at catching the ball and runs better routes then Willie Parker...

In 2005 Moore caught 37 balls for the Vikings....In 2006 he caught 46.....He has Keven Faulk like receiving skills out of the backfield....

So check yourself before giving me the finger wag....

steelcityrockers
04-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Now that I think about it, all Willie has over Moore is he runs harder and is faster and he is less injury prone. That is about it.

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Parker is the starter. Mendenhall and Moore will spell Parker. Unless Tomlin really is content on running Willie until the wheels come off again.

TEEMONT
04-28-2008, 11:19 PM
and yes he is better at catching the ball and runs better routes then Willie Parker...

In 2005 Moore caught 37 balls for the Vikings....In 2006 he caught 46

Great....he can replace Ced then....lol

I dont give a **** how many balls he catches out of the backfield...Willie can run the **** out of a screen....Moore has nothing on Parker

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Great....he can replace Ced then....lol

I dont give a **** how many balls he catches out of the backfield...Willie can run the **** out of a screen....Moore has nothing on Parker

Whatever....I offered an opinion answered this question...lol I don't care how good Parker runs a screen.......:lol: Parker isn't as good at catching passes as Moore....Moore has Keven Faulk receiving abilities....

I still think overall Willie Parker is the better RB....I guess how dare I question Willie Parker's receiving skills....:lol: sorry but Parker isn't that much of receiver out of the backfield...But I guess I don't know **** either?...:lol:

Koopa
04-28-2008, 11:29 PM
it doesn't matter if the running back is a good receiver, ben refuses to utilize that, it's 40 yard passes or sacked for him :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2008, 11:30 PM
n
it doesn't matter if the running back is a good receiver, ben refuses to utilize that, it's 40 yard passes or sacked for him :lol:

Another retarded post....but I come to expect that anymore...:lol:

TEEMONT
04-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Whatever....I offered an opinion answered this question...lol I don't care how good Parker runs a screen.......:lol: Parker isn't as good at catching passes as Moore....Moore has Keven Faulk receiving abilities....

I still think overall Willie Parker is the better RB....I guess how dare I question Willie Parker's receiving skills....:lol: sorry but Parker isn't that much of receiver out of the backfield...But I guess I don't know shiat either?...:lol:

hey I aint denying Willie isnt a good receiver, I'm just saying it's never mattered in our system. He can run the **** out of a screen, which is all he needs to do when it comes to receiving.

Mewelde will be a good return man...and a 3rd RB....nuff said....

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2008, 11:40 PM
hey I aint denying Willie isnt a good receiver, I'm just saying it's never mattered in our system. He can run the **** out of a screen, which is all he needs to do when it comes to receiving.

Mewelde will be a good return man...and a 3rd RB....nuff said....

Thats all I expect out of Moore....A good return man and a 3rd RB...I just had to defend myself and make it clear that I wasn't stating Moore was a better RB then Willie Parker...I don't hate on Willie Parker and never have...I have always been a fan of his....:yellowthumb:

TEEMONT
04-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Thats all I expect out of Moore....A good return man and a 3rd RB...I just had to defend myself and make it clear that I wasn't stating Moore was a better RB then Willie Parker...I don't hate on Willie Parker and never have...I have always been a fan of his....:yellowthumb:

I think your just a little bitch....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2008, 11:44 PM

Thats fine....:yellowthumb:

MDSteel15
04-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Can't we put Russell back on the practice squad?

Iron City South
04-29-2008, 12:26 AM

Exactly what Mendenhall is saying to Parker ..... :hilarious:

Koopa
04-29-2008, 12:51 AM
n

Another retarded post....but I come to expect that anymore...:lol:

did i hurt your feeling for not saying ben is god??? if ben would use the short passes more he'd get sacked less, hell if he'd just throw the ****ing ball away he'd get sacked more, but he wants a nice completion percentage........ he doesn't allow willie to show his catching skills because he always wants to look down field......... if ben doesn't improve on his decision making more (i put more because he did improve on it a lot because he didn't get picked off with ease like years past) this year then he'll always be the qb that would rather lose 5 to 10 yards then gain a quick 5 to 10 because he wanted to score on the first play

also i hate willie but moore isn't on willies level, if he was he wouldn't have been signed on the cheap

TEEMONT
04-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Exactly what Mendenhall is saying to Parker ..... :hilarious:

doubt it...Mendenhall is gonna get 8-15 carries a game....Willie will still get his 18-25

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2008, 01:03 AM
did i hurt your feeling for not saying ben is god??? if ben would use the short passes more he'd get sacked less, hell if he'd just throw the ****ing ball away he'd get sacked more, but he wants a nice completion percentage........ he doesn't allow willie to show his catching skills because he always wants to look down field......... if ben doesn't improve on his decision making more (i put more because he did improve on it a lot because he didn't get picked off with ease like years past) this year then he'll always be the qb that would rather lose 5 to 10 yards then gain a quick 5 to 10 because he wanted to score on the first play

No you didn't hurt my feelings at all....But suggesting Ben always looks down field 40 yards is rather retarded...You do know Heath Miller had a career high in receptions...Plus Davenport and Parker did catch over 40 balls between them....lol So that right there proves Ben isn't always looking for the deep ball....I don't think Miller, Davenport, Parker run 40 yard routes...

I guess you want RBs to lead the team in receptions? Yea lets have Ben just check down all game...lol plus with him always being pressured he doesn't have the luxury to sift through his options....Maybe if he had more time to check down he would....Ever think of that? I guess you just thinks its so easy playing NFL QB when you're being pressured constantly?

I don't care if somebody is negative but you're constantly negative...Do you need more joy in your life? I have an idea get a hooker and get laid...it might do wonders for you....

TEEMONT
04-29-2008, 01:04 AM
I have an idea get a hooker and get laid...it might do wonders for you....

lol...koop gets no puss

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2008, 01:13 AM

also i hate willie but moore isn't on willies level, if he was he wouldn't have been signed on the cheap

Hey jackbag...I never said Moore was on Willie's level....I think Parker is better overall RB....I just think Moore is a better receiving option out of the back field.....Understand?

Moore has receiving skills and in my opinion he is better then Willie in that area...thats all it is...Just stop making retarded statements and I won't knock you...

BlitzburghNation
04-29-2008, 01:54 AM
WILLIE~~~ :respect:

MOORE~~~~ :whatever:

This Thread,,,,,,,, :chair::boxing::efpge::spank::deshade:

Koopa
04-29-2008, 01:56 AM
No you didn't hurt my feelings at all....But suggesting Ben always looks down field 40 yards is rather retarded...You do know Heath Miller had a career high in receptions...Plus Davenport and Parker did catch over 40 balls between them....lol So that right there proves Ben isn't always looking for the deep ball....I don't think Miller, Davenport, Parker run 40 yard routes...

I guess you want RBs to lead the team in receptions? Yea lets have Ben just check down all game...lol plus with him always being pressured he doesn't have the luxury to sift through his options....Maybe if he had more time to check down he would....Ever think of that? I guess you just thinks its so easy playing NFL QB when you're being pressured constantly?

I don't care if somebody is negative but you're constantly negative...Do you need more joy in your life? I have an idea get a hooker and get laid...it might do wonders for you....

no, but there is a lot of times when the wr aren't getting open and ben just keeps staring at them waiting and then he starts running and then gets sacked, a lot of times he could either throw it away or just dump it off

lol...koop gets no puss

that's because my dick is always in your mouth

Hey jackbag...I never said Moore was on Willie's level....I think Parker is better overall RB....I just think Moore is a better receiving option out of the back field.....Understand?

Moore has receiving skills and in my opinion he is better then Willie in that area...thats all it is...Just stop making retarded statements and I won't knock you...

well that part wasn't referring to you in any way, which is why i pushed enter so it could start a new paragraph, if i was referring to you i would have just added some............ and put that in the same paragraph

TEEMONT
04-29-2008, 02:31 AM
that's because my dick is always in your mouth

You know what they say about Texas......steers and queers

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2008, 02:34 AM
You guys know ICS is just eating this up, don't you?

oh sorry, bad choice of words... :bluelol:

Koopa
04-29-2008, 02:41 AM
You know what they say about Texas......steers and queers

you're the one with my dick in your mouth so you must be the queer............. damn i love the offseason so much fighting lol

SteelCityPride08
04-29-2008, 09:14 AM
I have an idea get a hooker and get laid...it might do wonders for you....

hahahahahahaha
I can't even explain how funny is it reading you guys talk **** to each other over the internet:clap::lol:

Steel58
04-29-2008, 09:20 AM
What are you smoking? Fast Willie is going to be the back for this team. I can see Davenport being expendable.

SteelCityPride08
04-29-2008, 09:20 AM
lol...koop gets no puss

lol your probably right

ejsteeler
04-29-2008, 10:30 AM
"You can't compare legitimately an untested rookie against one of if not the top running back in the NFL". I hate these guessing games.:nono: It's worse because it fuels the media BS...

What the **** are you talking about...I wasn't comparing a rookie to Willie Parker....You my friend need to learn to comprehend....

The question was about Mewelde Moore being better the Willie Parker? Moore isn't a rookie jack bag.......and yes he is better at catching the ball and runs better routes then Willie Parker...

In 2005 Moore caught 37 balls for the Vikings....In 2006 he caught 46.....He has Keven Faulk like receiving skills out of the backfield....

So check yourself before giving me the finger wag....

I see my error and if you weren't a douche bag about it, I would apologize, so instead, :bigfinger:

Iron City South
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
you're the one with my dick in your mouth so you must be the queer............. damn i love the offseason so much fighting lol

Wow, Koop gives Tee a bodyslam followed by a flying suplex.... :chair:

:cabbagepatch::lol:

TEEMONT
04-29-2008, 04:05 PM

riiiiiiiiight

Koopa
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM

lol, i'm just ****ing with him, teemont is a cool dude

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/755/threadcooldogwithafro1is.jpg

K Train
04-29-2008, 06:17 PM
i think mendenhall has already taken willies job, he may never start a game for 2 years but when it matter most mendenhall will be in there

Brady Quinn
04-29-2008, 06:19 PM
i think mendenhall has already taken willies job, he may never start a game for 2 years but when it matter most mendenhall will be in there

Wow! I am in awe that you think Willie is that easy to replace. I think mendenhall will be a good player, but to think he will be as good as will or better is a stretch at this point. I cannot believe how many of you are so down on Willie.

K Train
04-29-2008, 06:26 PM
you just think willie must be awesome because he tears your sorry team to pieces twice a year....he doesnt do that against any non ohio team

Brady Quinn
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
you just think willie must be awesome because he tears your sorry team to pieces twice a year....he doesnt do that against any non ohio team

Can that really be true? He has had some success against us but he did not have all of his games against us.

2005: 1202 yards total and 130 against us
2006: 1494 yards total and 269 against us
2007: 1316 yards total and 214 against us

Sorry point destroyed. Nice try though!

JoeThomas
04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
seriously. some of your are considering him better then willie parker. he is an opponent but id trade him for jamal lewis anyday. id take fast willie on my team then you can run with whoever you want.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Wow! I am in awe that you think Willie is that easy to replace. I think mendenhall will be a good player, but to think he will be as good as will or better is a stretch at this point. I cannot believe how many of you are so down on Willie.

oh you didn't get the memo? This years new thing is to bash your teams probowl rb! Go'head join in ... Oh wait you don't have one, LOL sorry I had to your new avitar pissed me off. Everyone is so fickle towards willie and troy its rediculous, I'd rather be called a homer than bash the probowlers I root for week in and week out! Wait til Parker has another 1200+ yard season on 70 less carries and they'll jump right back on his bandwagon!!!

Brady Quinn
04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
The pic will not stay. I am not a Ben hater. Teemont pissed me off today so I used the pic. Some of the responces to this thread have just shocked me. Im shocked this thread exists to be honest. I think Parker is on of the best in the league.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-29-2008, 07:16 PM
LOL, j/k man u use what ever pick u want!!! I think the thread was started just to cause a fight, to be honest. Everyone is so "what have you done for me lately" with a a select few players on this board, mostly troy, and willie is next. I myself am a lil dissapointed in troys play the last season and a half. If its injuries, his work out and diet or whatever it has to be corrected because he has the talent to be the best safety in the league!!!

When a RB runs for over 1200 yds three out of his first four seasons, i think he's earned his spot as one of the leagues best. YPC is a mere statline if your winning games like he has been. Touchdowns were down but Bens were way up. We scored more TD's this season than we did anyother this decade. My only concern with willie is that when he fumbles, its in bunches which leads to games being lost or closer than the have to be!!!

TEEMONT
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Willie is a beast plain and simple.

IT does not hurt at all to have RM, b/c you can never have too many good RB's.

Dookie is the odd man out.

SteelerFan87
04-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Bring back Amos Zeroue!!
:stirpot:
:lol: :lol:

K Train
04-29-2008, 08:15 PM
The pic will not stay. I am not a Ben hater. Teemont pissed me off today so I used the pic. Some of the responces to this thread have just shocked me. Im shocked this thread exists to be honest. I think Parker is on of the best in the league.
far from it imo

Iron City South
04-29-2008, 08:39 PM

Parker's most productive days are behind him. This isn't rocket science:

Parker = Undrafted FA (never started in college, terrible hands - terrible vision) :scratch:
Mendenhall = 1st round draft pick (24th overall ... and some had him projected as the best RB in the draft. Guy can do it all ... ) :cabbagepatch:

After 1 year in the league, Wee Willie won't be able to hold Mendenhall's jock.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Relax people, it's not that big of a deal. Willie is good. Mendenhall will be good. Both will contribute to the team in their respective ways. When it's all said and done will Rashard will the starting job; only time will tell but regardless we have 2 bad *** backs ready to carry the load.

TEEMONT
04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Parker's most productive days are behind him. This isn't rocket science:

Parker = Undrafted FA (never started in college, terrible hands - terrible vision) :scratch:
Mendenhall = 1st round draft pick (24th overall ... and some had him projected as the best RB in the draft. Guy can do it all ... ) :cabbagepatch:

After 1 year in the league, Wee Willie won't be able to hold Mendenhall's jock.

You can't base whats gonna happen based on where they were picked. Plenty of 1st Rd RB's have turned out to be busts. RB's are a dime a dozen IMO, look at what Denver has done over the past decade or so with no-name guys. Willie ran behind a line last year that wouldn't have gotten the job done on most NCAA teams, and he was pretty badass. I have all the faith in the world in him.

Mendenhall will be good IMO, but he won't start this year, or next probably. Willie has proven that he is a starter in this league, no doubt. Will Mendenhall be better than Willie in 2-3 years? Probably, but Willie is still very raw, mainly due to not playing much in college. Willie's best years are ahead of him, and with Mendenhall there to take some carries, hopefully about 8-14 a game, Willie should be burning D's late in the game.

K Train
04-29-2008, 11:24 PM
i think willie has peaked....what you see is what you get. not so much a best is yet to come type deal

Iron City South
04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
i think willie has peaked....what you see is what you get. not so much a best is yet to come type deal

BINGO! .... we have a winner. :greenbounce2:

Well said, "What you see ... is what you get" :yesnod:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-30-2008, 10:35 AM
sorry k I gotta disagree. I think willie has only shown glimpses of what he is really capable of. I remember his first start against buffalo in weak 17 in 2004. He tore buffalo a new *** when they had all to play for and we hand no. 1 seed locked up. They had a damn good d that year too! Games like the 2 200 yard games he had in 06 are what I think he is capale of in the future.
His effort, work ethic and speed are undeniable and game changing. All behind a o line which has been on the declin e since 2005 when we were 15-1. His vision and patience have improved but they are still his biggest weaknesses. But he is still a top level back in the Afc and by far the best in our divison ahead of mcgahee.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

BINGO! .... we have a winner. :greenbounce2:

Well said, "What you see ... is what you get" :yesnod:

ok ok let's say you two are right and willie spends the next 5 seasons playing at the same level he has the last 3 years. He doenst improve any but he stays consistent which he has his whole career. If he never gets any better he'll still be a 1200+ yd probowl candidate back. If his carries go down because rashard is sharing the load and willie still plays at the level he did with bettis, you mean to tell me you'd bench him?? I doubt it! Mendenhall is gonna help Parker more than hurt him. You'll have a fresh Parker in the late forth against a worn down d. And when a crucial 3rd and 1 comes mendenhall will be the back. "its not rocket science"

[AutoMerged Post Below]

You can't base whats gonna happen based on where they were picked. Plenty of 1st Rd RB's have turned out to be busts. RB's are a dime a dozen IMO, look at what Denver has done over the past decade or so with no-name guys. Willie ran behind a line last year that wouldn't have gotten the job done on most NCAA teams, and he was pretty badass. I have all the faith in the world in him.

Mendenhall will be good IMO, but he won't start this year, or next probably. Willie has proven that he is a starter in this league, no doubt. Will Mendenhall be better than Willie in 2-3 years? Probably, but Willie is still very raw, mainly due to not playing much in college. Willie's best years are ahead of him, and with Mendenhall there to take some carries, hopefully about 8-14 a game, Willie should be burning D's late in the game.

right!! That's why Parker is welcoming this move with open arms