PDA

View Full Version : Vote for which rookie will have the biggest impact in 2008

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Head on over to the homepage (www.steeleraddicts.com)and cast your vote for who you think will make the biggest impact for the team in 2008.

Im thinking it's a toss up between Mendenhall and Sweed but I'll give the edge to Rashard because he figures to get a good amount of playing time each and every week. We should start to see his impact on the team pretty early. I can't wait to see teams try and stack the line to stop the run now when we have Mendenhall and/or Parker in there or when they try and send extra blitzers and Ben burns them with one of our weapons he has at his disposal.

steelersgal86
04-28-2008, 10:15 AM
I voted...I went with Mendenhall:tt02:

Steel58
04-28-2008, 10:57 AM
My vote is for Mendenhal!!!:cope:

NOVA STEELERS
04-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Went with SWEED........... How SWEED it is :cope:

ejsteeler
04-28-2008, 01:22 PM
i agree, Sweed will be the impact player we need!

I feel the need, the need for Sweed!!!!:yellowthumb:

Bucsfan4ever
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey, I was born and raised in Fightin' Illini country so I voted for Mendenhall.

I was hoping the Bucs would take Sweed but nope, no such luck!!

'

Prosdo
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm going with Mendenhall.

BlitzburghNation
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Gotta be Medenhall,,,,,,,,, :towelwave:

Koopa
04-28-2008, 03:22 PM
i'll tell you who it won't be, and that's the worse pick ever in dennis dixion lol

i'll go with mendenhall, but i think him and sweed are gonna have the same amount of impact, mendenhall might show it more in the numbers, but sweed is gonna be so good for holmes and ward, there's no way teams can double team anymore cause they'll get eaten alive by either of these three then add heath and damn, it's crazy thinking about the possibilities that we have............. mendenhall will be the leading rushing touchdown dude for us, and willie won't rush for 1000 yards this season because it's gonna be so even between these two, but 1000 yards is overrated because willie is gonna be so much more effective with mendenhall because willie will never be a load carrier........ it's about time we finally have two legit running backs lol

MDSteel15
04-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I said Mendenhall just for the fact that he will be spelling Parker who is coming off a broken leg....

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Last year both Wood and TImmons made good contributions to the team; Wood more so because of Lawrenece being hurt. this year it's a very real possibility that all of our top 4 draft picks will be on the field on a regular basis contributing to the team; which is awesome!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2008, 10:30 PM
So far Mendenhall is winning it hands down, which is probably the most logical choice. Sweed is going to make a big case for it though this year I bet.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2008, 11:02 PM
It will be Rashard Mendenhall unless he gets injured....No offense to Limas Sweed who in his own right is very talented and I'm glad he is a Steeler...I'm a fan of tall WR's that have talent and Sweed is that...But rookie WR's usually don't have an impact their rookie years.....But Sweed doesn't have to be the man in the passing game so that will allow him to have no pressure really this year...If he can beat out Nate for the 3rd WR spot then I can see Sweed having more of an impact...

Funny Koopa made some points about Sweed helping the other WRs out...which I have stated many times in the past but was totally shrugged off....Tall WR's that have talent dictate coverage so yes I totally agree Sweed will help the other WRs out greatly...especially if he can show he is ready for the NFL game right away...

As for Mendenhall...rookie RBs for the most part impact their rookie years...Especially rookies that are on good football teams...Mendenhall will lead the Steelers in rushing TDs and he can catch the football....Plus he will get his share of carries...

K Train
04-30-2008, 11:04 PM
It will be Rashard Mendenhall unless he gets injured....No offense to Limas Sweed who in his own right is very talented and I'm glad he is a Steeler...I'm a fan of tall WR's that have talent and Sweed is that...But rookie WR's usually don't have an impact their rookie years.....But Sweed doesn't have to be the man in the passing game so that will allow him to have no pressure really this year...If he can beat out Nate for the 3rd WR spot then I can see Sweed having more of an impact...

Funny Koopa made some points about Sweed helping the other WRs out...which I have stated many times in the past but was totally shrugged off....Tall WR's that have talent dictate coverage so yes I totally agree Sweed will help the other WRs out greatly...especially if he can show he is ready for the NFL game right away...

As for Mendenhall...rookie RBs for the most part impact their rookie years...Especially rookies that are on good football teams...Mendenhall will lead the Steelers in rushing TDs and he can catch the football....Plus he will get his share of carries...

im all about tall wrs if they are talented, sweed being one of those. mendy will be the biggest impact, RB is much easier to play

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2008, 11:11 PM
im all about tall wrs if they are talented, sweed being one of those. mendy will be the biggest impact, RB is much easier to play

Which was my point all along finding a tall WR that can dictate coverage....I don't think I ever stated that a bum like Walter Young was that WR.....Holmes is a badass and one of my favorite players on the team.....He is only 5-11 so I don't think HT is the most important element to a WR....But now when Sweed proves himself then we will see which WR is the focal point of defenses coverage and that will be Sweed....So no HT isn't over-rated...Its only over-rated when tall WRs are complete wastes....

K Train
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
im not saying you AT ALL, its everyone else...."we NEED a 250 pound runningback and a 6-5 WR" "ooooo matt trannon and matt jones....im gonna go jerk off now" "OWEN SCHMITT!!!"...it **** like that that drive me nuts, stuff you never say lol, guys like sweed who run a 4.5, have good bulk to go with their height, put up 315 in the wieght room, have awesome body control and soft hands and run crisp routes....there nothign not to love about that, most guys however suck *** at playing football and 6-5 then means nothing

ejsteeler
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I think Sweeds impact will be bigger if he can get a starting spot. Not necessarily due to receipts but pulling coverage off of Ward and Holmes. I think he would present more of a need against the defenses than Washington does even as good as Nate is. IMO anyway. We'll see soon enough. :cope: