PDA

View Full Version : Doug Legursky

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2008, 02:19 AM
I really like Legursky...I'm stoked he will sign as an undrafted FA...I'm not expecting big things from him...But would be nice if he can make the team knock Mahan off the roster....:lol:

After signing his contract, Legursky will report to rookie mini-camp Friday in Pittsburgh. After maintaining even keel under the NFL microscope for months, Legursky finally exhaled on Sunday.

Im just so excited and relieved that this whole hectic thing is over, said Legursky, who will report to rookie mini-camp in Pittsburgh later this week. Im ready to go to work.

Right now theyre looking at me more as a guard and a backup center going in, Legursky said. Im going to be working hard to earn the respect of the veterans and coaches and find my way to the top.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x996194711

Koopa
04-28-2008, 02:31 AM
is 6'1 to short???....... maybe some potential???? i don't know much about him but maybe grooming him for awhile might be a decent back up

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2008, 02:51 AM
should be a real nice battle in training camp between him, Mahan, and Stapleton all trying to get a backup position. We were talking about his guy for quite awhile now; as this point the more players we can get in the mix on the OL, the better. Let them all fight it out in camp and we'll see who's left standing.

Koopa
04-28-2008, 02:52 AM
nevermind about the 6'1 i saw 6'1 on nfldraftcountdown, but that article has him and 6'3 and so does nfl.com

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2008, 02:04 PM
the key for guys like Legurksy, Hills, Stapleton and any other players we pick up is how much can they step up and stake their claim to a roster spot. In the past most of these rookies on the line were just training camp fodder unless they were a high round pick. Im really looking for Tomlin to keep these battles wide open and let the best man get the job regardless of how long he's been here.

MDSteel15
04-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I see him on the practice squad for at least 1 year.