PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hills - OT - 4th round, 130th overall selection

BlackGold4vr
04-27-2008, 01:29 PM
http://media.scout.com/media/image/53/534121.jpg

Texas senior OT Tony Hills has been selected first-team All-America by the Walter Camp Football Foundation.

Texas senior OT Tony Hills has been selected first-team All-America by the Walter Camp Football Foundation, it was announced at the Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. on Thursday night.
Hills' selection gives Texas eight consecutive years with at least one player named to the team with a total of 15 players chosen in that time span. It is also the 11th season of the last 12 in which at least one Longhorn has been chosen.

In a release from Texas, Hills said:

"I'm really excited to be a member of the Walter Camp All-American team. I had a great time meeting all of the Walter Camp folks and hearing about the great tradition they have with Longhorn linemen. It's a great honor to be joining the long list of UT All-Americans and something I'll be proud of for the rest of my life. After going down with an injury late in the season, it's even more special to still be honored as an All-American. It kind of puts the icing on the cake of my college career. Now I'm going to keep coaching up the young guys, go to San Diego and try to win our fourth straight bowl game."

A first-team All-Big 12 selection, Hills had started 24 straight games and played in 42 career games.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2008, 01:44 PM
This was a need pick for the team, we had to address the OL at some point in this draft and the way the lineman came flying off the boards in round 4 we had to get the best available left. He'll be a project but could turn out to be a gem for us.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Nicks and Keith were my choices at OT...But they took Hills...He is a total hit or miss pick.....But it only cost us a 4th...I think Duane Brown is a boom or bust pick also and he cost the Texans a 1st...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2008, 01:51 PM
After Dre Moore was snatched up by the Bucs in a trade I was hoping for either Nicks or Keith too man. Hill has the size and build you want for a Tackle but he'll be a bit of a project and take some time to develop. Im not sure he'll be ready to fight for a spot in 2009 when Marvel leaves; and if Starks doesn't sign a long term deal then he's going to have to be ready to play sooner than later.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/tony-hills?id=258

He's definitely a fighter and has overcome a lot of adversity in his life so far.

Iron City South
04-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not diggin this pick at all .... IMO, Colbert blew this one down his leg. :cursin:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Im not sure if he blew this one as much as he just blew our 5th round pick on another QB !

TEEMONT
04-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm fine with this pick....our line was already set for this year...nothing wrogn with a possible project.....

MDSteel15
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
It's a good pick considering we need depth! And lots of it....

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm fine with this pick....our line was already set for this year...nothing wrogn with a possible project.....

Just listening to NFLN and ESPN they are saying with alittle work Hill can be a real quality LT and be a starter in this league no problem so he might be a steal but he'll have to work for it. At this point Trai Essex is on the hot seat.

MDSteel15
04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Just listening to NFLN and ESPN they are saying with alittle work Hill can be a real quality LT and be a starter in this league no problem so he might be a steal but he'll have to work for it. At this point Trai Essex is on the hot seat.

:crossfingers: :yellowthumb: :hail: :tt02:

K Train
04-27-2008, 06:20 PM
i like it, i knew they werent gonna take nicks cause hes a thug and thats why he slid so much. koop is pissed though lol

K Train
04-27-2008, 06:32 PM
actually **** it, im gonna say it, hills is a monster, an absolute stud. hed be a top pick if he didnt get hurt. hes got the makings to be a franchise LT...you heard it here first. im telling you guys, be excited about this pick

TEEMONT
04-27-2008, 06:43 PM
actually **** it, im gonna say it, hills is a monster, an absolute stud. hed be a top pick if he didnt get hurt. hes got the makings to be a franchise LT...you heard it here first. im telling you guys, be excited about this pick

ok ICS.....lol

K Train
04-27-2008, 06:51 PM
no im being serious. hes gonna be a badass

Iron City South
04-27-2008, 07:18 PM
no im being serious. hes gonna be a badass

If he gains about 20 lbs. in muscle, looses the lazy play and gets motivated to play ball, finds a mean streak, and learns how to stay healthy .... I'm right there with you friend. :yellowthumb:

Koopa
04-27-2008, 09:58 PM
i talked **** about him cause someone said he'd be a good second round pick awhile back so i just kept hating on him.......... he's good value here, he's another player i've seen every start of, and he protected colt mccoy pretty good, although it's hard to tell because colt only throws quick 1 yard passes and lets the wr do the rest

K Train
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
deep down you love us taking 2 longhorns....finnley and okam would have made your season lol

Koopa
04-27-2008, 10:22 PM
i would have loved okam, dude had a 4.0 at ut, smart mother****er, finley **** that we have enough tight ends

but yeah

hook 'em horns

SteelerFan87
04-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Man, we must have the best Practice Squad O-line in the league. :lol:

steelcityrockers
04-28-2008, 04:18 PM
I will tell you now. If every thing goes right, he will be similar to Marvel Smith.

NOVA STEELERS
04-28-2008, 05:07 PM
I am happy with this pick and IMO he will work out for us and if not another 4th rounder down the tube........ The pick I am :scratch: :dunno: :wtf: :postal: is Dixon - QB :thud: