PDA

View Full Version : I need a bit of help

SteelerFan87
10-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Ok, I just got challenged by a Pats fan, and I need help on a response. He's talking about the 2004 AFC championship, talking about how Corey Dillon had more yards than Bettis. For some reason, I can't remember enough about that game to come up with a response. Was Bettis starting? What was his role? How many carries did he get?

suitanim
10-02-2006, 08:23 PM
There's not much to say, really. The Pats won that game off of turnovers and turnovers alone...oh, and dropped plex fade in the endzone. If memory serves, Dillon and Bettis were non-factors..

K Train
10-02-2006, 08:27 PM
After 15 straight wins by big ben....he broke down, end of story.

SteelerFan87
10-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Ok, thanks guys, but the important thing here is the Dillon/Bettis comparison. Does anyone know the stats, or have any idea where I could find them? I tried googling it, but got nothing useful.

AZ_Steeler
10-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Here is all the information that you will need for that game... http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050123_NE@PIT

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2006, 08:49 PM
I remember Dillon was held in check for most of the game. But then Cory broke a run for a 30+ TD when the game was already out of hand.

SteelerFan87
10-02-2006, 09:01 PM
:greengrin: Thank you very much AZ. So apparently Bettis and Dillon were almost exactly the same, only Bettis actually had more yards per carry. I'm pretty sure that will shut this guy up. Thank you again. :helmet:

BTW, I'll keep you all updated on my verbal beatdown of this Pats fan if you want.

House of Steel
10-02-2006, 09:02 PM
May I ask who the hell it is? I have had run ins with five idiotic PAST fans that just didn't know when to quit, I drop a bomb of all bomb. Lo and behold, they vanished. :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Ugh, bad bad memories !

SteelerFan87
10-02-2006, 09:16 PM
HOS, his name is patfan64, he's on patriotsplanet.com.

Top Gun, yeah, bad memories, but if I can use them to own a Pats fan in an arguement, at least there's some nice consolation there. :D

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Let us know what he says and how you make out in the debate ! Bring him over here and let us have some fun with him :tt02:

SteelerFan87
10-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Hahahahaha! Wow, that was almost too easy! Thank you again AZ!

Basically, I quoted the stats, showed how Bettis actually had more yards per carry than Dillon, and the stupid Pats fan tried to change the subject!
Here's how it went (My posts in bold):

Him: "Really? 'Cause Dillon had more yards than Bettis in the AFC Championship Game in 2004. Dillon also had more yards than Willie Parker in the September rematch in 2005. In fact, as we speak, the "old man" has a better YPA than Parker (4.1 to Parker's 3.8).

I'd worry less about our "old guy" and more about the fact that the Steelers are 1-2 and in third place. And if they lose to the Chargers, their season could pretty much be over before Halloween... "

Him (before I even saw his previous post): "Still waiting for Steeler Fan to respond to this post.

I'm guessing he won't. He likes a good argument but runs when he's wrong."

Me:"Ok, you really want to talk about that? Alright.
Here's the stats:

Bettis: 17 carries, 64 yards, 1 TD, Longest Run=25yrds, AVG=3.76
Dillon: 24 carries, 73 yards, 1TD, Longest Run= 25yrds, AVG=3.04

So lets see, Bettis had as many TDs as Dillon, his longest run was as long as Dillon's, and basically NEITHER of them was much of a factor in that game. However, Bettis had less carries than Dillon, and therefore, had a HIGHER AVERAGE yards per carry. So based on that, give the Bus 24 carries, and it looks like he'd have MORE yards than Dillon. So, who was better in that game again?"

Him: "Dillon went on to get a Super Bowl ring while Bettis, well he coughed up what could have been the biggest fumble of anyone's career a year later.

Bettis was a non-factor in last year's Pittsburgh Super Bowl "win." "

Me: "I thought we were talking about the 2004 afc championship? Or is it just that when you see that you're wrong, you try to change the subject?

BTW, it was Bettis's great play against the Bears and Lions at the end of last season that got the Steelers to the playoffs, plus the fact he was the motivation for the whole team, so I'd say that's a pretty good contribution for a guy in his last year. As Pats fans would say, all that matters is who got the ring, and last year, that was Bettis and the Steelers."

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah he knew he was had so why not change the subject to save face ! What an idiot !!

Tell him to come talk to you when Dillon is in the Hall of Fame with as many career rushing yds as Bettis !

House of Steel
10-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Don't know him. We had Belliache Zombie, Gedes, JV312, Patsareit, and BellichekisGod over on Mac and Wife. I got suspended for going at it with em. They think they are it. I love to bring the MFers over here and let them try the smack here, they would get bombed real fast.

House of Steel
10-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Dillon will never make it to Canton. Bettis, we all know is a first ballot inductee without a doubt. His arguement doesn't carry any weight whatsoever. What a dumbass!!!

SteelerFan87
10-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Actually, most of the Pats fans at patriotsplanet seem to be decent people. They're still stupid Pats fans, but they aren't nearly as annoying and arrogant as most Pats fans I've seen. Of course, there are always exceptions, and this moron I just owned seems to be one of the exceptions at that site.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Im sure they were probably alot higher on the JERK scale a couple years back during their SB wins, now they're a bit more down to earth cuz they're team has been slowly but surely ripped apart by the front office.

AZ_Steeler
10-02-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm glad I could help you out Steelerfan87! Sounds like you got him on that one so he started to pull anything he could think of out the sky to try and come back! :bigthumb:

SteelerFan87
10-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah. Lol, I'm still waiting for a response from him. I don't think he's going to give me one.

Steelersfan
10-03-2006, 12:28 AM
You should post again saying what he said about you not responding and see if he posts then.....lol

SteelerFan87
10-03-2006, 12:41 AM
You should post again saying what he said about you not responding and see if he posts then.....lol

Lol, that is an excellent idea. I may do that, although the conversation seems to have turned into a Vinatieri vs Gostkowski debate (which shouldn't even be a question), and pats fans hating the man who got them all their rings. That site is kind of interesting actually. They have a few Colts fans who seem to think that if they praise the pats incessantly, it will jinx them and the Colts will finally win, lol. :lol:

Steelersfan
10-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Colts fans!.....lol They had a great chance last year and blew it. Everyone said if they were at home they wouldn't lose! But guess what happened?...lol
The Patriots seem to have our number when it counts. If we do anything this year at all I want us to beat the Pats in the playoffs to get that monkey off our backs!

SteelerFan87
10-03-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah, while I would never ever stop laughing if the pats missed the playoffs in that weak division, I REALLY want to beat the crap out of them in the playoffs. IMO, that would probably be even more satisfying than winning another super bowl.

SteelerFan87
10-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Good God! Now some dumbass on that site is saying that Kimo von Olehoffen hurt Palmer on purpose, that Cowher teaches his players how to injure people, and the only reason they don't get fined/suspended is because Cowher also teaches them how to make it look like an accident, and that Belichick is a better coach with more character than Cowher because he would never tell his players to play dirty. And a reason he gave for that is because Belichick has, and I quote, "5 rings". WTF!?!?!?!?!

House of Steel
10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
That is the dumbest thing I ever heard. What forum are you visiting? I am going to raise some hell with them PAST FANS. :greengrin:

SteelerFan87
10-03-2006, 08:02 PM
www.patriotsplanet.com

But remember, these are strange pats fans. The majority of them, from what I've seen, seem to be decent people. I try to avoid antagonizing them unnecesarily. (except for the morons of course.) And so far I've only found a couple morons.

House of Steel
10-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Mind telling me, who they are? I will get them good. :bigthumb:

SteelerFan87
10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Well, there's patfan64, who I owned earlier, and now this new retard's name is Umfold.