PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Mendenhall, RB, 23rd overall selection...Welcome to the Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Wow who would have thought he'd be here for us, this is going to rock! Our backfield just got a lot stronger and a lot more balanced.

HELL YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!

NOVA STEELERS
04-26-2008, 06:45 PM
:cope: :tt02: :helmet: :woot: :banana:

BlitzburghNation
04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Loaded at RB now

Now let's all :pray: our O-line will make some holes for these stud's !!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
This is so awesome, no way I figured he'd last thing long. he runs hard, north and south kind of runner, he was in the big 10 so he's a tough guy. I love this pick. With all the big name lineman gone this was a great choice.

Iron City South
04-26-2008, 06:50 PM
That's right .... your buddy ICS did! :yellowthumb: :cabbagepatch:

Sure, I was hoping for Stewart, but I got the position correct. I knew they saw that Willie wasn't an "all around" type. They're drafting for the longer-term so I don't have a problem with the Mendenhall pick considering there was no OL value on the board at all.

Prosdo
04-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Never thought he would be there. Welcome to Pittsburgh Rashard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7OiYXlBEZU

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2008, 06:53 PM
This is so awesome, no way I figured he'd last thing long. he runs hard, north and south kind of runner, he was in the big 10 so he's a tough guy. I love this pick. With all the big name lineman gone this was a great choice.

I didn't think Mendenhall would last to 23 either...I watched him a ton...He is a very good player.....I'm thrilled he is a Steeler....The Steelers didn't reach which I always like and the stuck with drafting best available...

Iron City South
04-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Who would have thunk it? .... I tell ya who, ..... ICS! :cabbagepatch::yellowthumb:

Willie Parker will eventually work his way into a complementary role to Mendenhall. Considering no OL value on the board, the Mendenhall pick was the correct one to make. There's no way he should have still been on the board when we picked.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Who would have thunk it? .... I tell ya who, ..... ICS! :cabbagepatch::yellowthumb:

Willie Parker will eventually work his way into a complementary role to Mendenhall. Considering no OL value on the board, the Mendenhall pick was the correct one to make. There's no way he should have still been on the board when we picked.

Dude you nailed the RB call which I never really disagreed with you...I was fine with Willie as the starter though...But I never thought Stewart or Medenhall would fall to 23...Plus like you said after the top OL were gone the Steelers had to make the Medenhall pick...

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Once Clady, Williams, and Albert all left it was a no brainer for us to snag Mendenhall. At first I didn't want to go RB but the more I thought about it the more it makes total sense. Now in the 2nd round it's got to be a lineman.

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Bottom line is if he was the best athlete available then I'm all for it...:tt02::tt02:

steelersgal86
04-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Loaded at RB now

Now let's all :pray: our O-line will make some holes for these stud's !!!!

:iagree: :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfi ngers: welcome aboard!!!!!:tt02::tt02:

Prosdo
04-26-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm thinking OL in 2nd and WR in 3rd.

Koopa
04-26-2008, 07:27 PM
i love the pick, i never talked about him because i didn't think we had a chance at him, kinda like a couple of years ago when we got holmes, i never considered him cause i thought he was out of reach............ mendenhall is gonna be a badass for us, something we haven't had at running back in awhile :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm thinking OL in 2nd and WR in 3rd.

We've got to go interior line in the 2nd IMO as well.

Ambridge
04-26-2008, 07:34 PM
I like the Mendenhall pick.....all of the primo O-lineman were gone so why not.
There have got to be a few O-line "Diamonds in the Ruff" in the later rounds to be had.

K Train
04-26-2008, 07:36 PM
i said all along RB was an option, much rather wouldve had stewart but mendenhall is th second best runner in the draft and is an awesome reciever....terrible blocker but all of our RBs are lol

Koopa
04-26-2008, 07:43 PM
i said all along RB was an option, much rather wouldve had stewart but mendenhall is th second best runner in the draft and is an awesome reciever....terrible blocker but all of our RBs are lol

we don't need a great blocker, like you said the other day, we could have a brick wall but ben will still run around like a retard and get scacked.......i added the last part you just said brick wall lol

K Train
04-26-2008, 07:44 PM
lol i know, hes an awesome runner, but you get so pissed at najeh for not blocking lol

Koopa
04-26-2008, 07:48 PM
lol i know, hes an awesome runner, but you get so pissed at najeh for not blocking lol

no i don't, i get pissed cause he's softer then willie is, he runs like a truck against the browns, but other times i see him get hit and he falls, i could careless about running backs being good blockers, you won't find a post on this site complaining about a running back being a bad blocker lol

portcityblackandgold
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Good solid pick he's the near future for sure.

JB 67
04-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I love this kid let the nick names begin...

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Going to predict right now that Mendenhall leads the Steelers in rushing TDs this year......Willie will lead in yards and carries but I think Mendenhall will lead in TDs and have an impact this year...Nice value pick...

GoBenGo
04-26-2008, 09:51 PM
...the more i see about this guy the more i like him...

steelcityrockers
04-26-2008, 10:08 PM

He is a much better Pass Blocker than you give him credit for.

K Train
04-26-2008, 10:10 PM
yeah hes pretty bad at it lol, but thats ok...blocking gets better with the paycheck

steelcityrockers
04-26-2008, 10:11 PM
He really isn't all that bad, ese.

TEEMONT
04-26-2008, 10:41 PM

They went with the best overall player on the board, so its no surprise. Has Albert fell to that pick, it would have been OL.

Stop kissing your own ***....

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2008, 10:45 PM
They went with the best overall player on the board, so its no surprise. Has Albert fell to that pick, it would have been OL.

Stop kissing your own ***....

I think if both Chris Williams or Albert were there then they would have been picked over Mendenhall...I think the Steelers might even looked at Otah if he would have been there....I personally think Otah is over-rated so I'm glad he was gone....

Its obvious the Steelers went with best player available when Mendenhall was still on the board....Some people just love to kiss their own ***....Actually ICS did make a nice call with RB in the first....lol But I think most had Stewart as that RB......But he was gone also...lol

K Train
04-26-2008, 10:50 PM
well mendenhall and sweed together is better than just albert imo

TEEMONT
04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
The question is....does this number dookie's days as a Steeler?

K Train
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM
yes.... mendenhall runs harder, is faster and a better reciever/screen guy (which was najehs thing)

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
yes.... mendenhall runs harder, is faster and a better reciever/screen guy (which was najehs thing)

Agree........bye bye Dookie....

K Train
04-26-2008, 11:13 PM
we should trade him to detroit for a third rounder lol

TEEMONT
04-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Agree........bye bye Dookie....

sucks...he is a champ on the basketball team....lol

K Train
04-27-2008, 12:02 AM
if dallas passed on jones and took mendenhall....who the **** were we planning on taking? lol

TEEMONT
04-27-2008, 01:07 AM
if dallas passed on jones and took mendenhall....who the **** were we planning on taking? lol
the DE from UNC

stlrbum
04-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Love this pick! Parker can't be asked to carry all the load again! When he went down we had no one. Not anymore!

Blitzburghpete
04-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I have to be honest i don;t really know anything about this draft pick, but as good as he is, or willie, it won't be worth squat if the line plays like it did last year.

Rookie, Willie, Dookie, M Moore.

Nice lineup i like the all to be honest... but still think our needs elsewhere were a higher priority but hey if he's as good as you all are raving i hope i;m prooved wrong that he was a good pick for us.

If you could compare this guy to a former running back - so i know what type of back he is, who would you say he reminds you most of?

Roger Craig, Thurman Thomas, etc... ????

K Train
04-27-2008, 09:56 AM
the oline just got alot better because now they say wow....cant put 8 in the box anymore

Stlrs4Life
04-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Also enjoyed this pick.

TEEMONT
04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
the oline just got alot better because now they say wow....cant put 8 in the box anymore

Yeah...I said that to my buddy who is a Chiefs fan yesterday.

He was talking about how garbage our line is (like he had room to talk LJ had what 600 yards last year), and I said I dare people to throw 8 in the box this year. Seriously, if the O-line gives Ben 4-5 seconds...he will make good things happen this year.

Mike Tomlin
04-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Now we won't have to worry about all those 3rd and shorts and those points we left in the red zone killin us this year. Now we can control the clock again and Ben can just pick em apart when he wants to.