PDA

View Full Version : Steelers will win their next 7 games...

Troyisabeast_43
10-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Im going to go out on a limb and predict this right here right now because I really do think that if we win in SD this weekend its going to be a big spring board here for the next month or so. The Steelers will beat KC here because it will be Trent Green's first game back and they will shut down LJ enough to win. They will beat Atlanta because they will shut down the Falcons run and contain Vick well enough to win. They will beat Oakland because they just stink. They will beat the Broncos because I think they will be able to do what they did to them last year in the championship game and while it maybe a tough game it will be here and I do think we will based on that. We will beat the Saints here because we will be able to contain Bush and McCalister and the Saints still arent ready I dont think to beat teams as good as the Steelers on the road yet. And finally they will beat the Browns down in Cleveland because they always seem to play well down there and they will probably torture Charlie Frye just like they did last year.

That will put us our record at 8-2 going into Baltimore on November 26th if we roll off 7 in a row. You would think we would be either tied with Baltimore or Cincy record wise by then if we end up winning all these games like I think we can. Keep in mind we have Tampa and Cleveland at home to start December also which should also be 2 more wins.

So the bottom line is this game this Sunday down in SD is the key. If they can win down there I really think the schedule sets up well for the Steelers to start rolling off a bunch of wins in a row. If Ben gets better and the D continues to play awesome then there is no reason to believe this team cant win the next 7 games leading up to the Baltimore game in late November. I for one will go out on a limb and say it will happen. What do the rest of you think about this and how these next 7 games will play out?? Does anybody else think that if we win this game in SD this Sunday we can win our next 7?? Lets hear it!!!

Friday133
10-02-2006, 03:13 PM
i hope you're right bro!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2006, 03:15 PM
On the flip side, if we were to *gulp* lose this game, do you think it spirals downhill for us, or do we still regroup ? Just curious as to your thoughts.

Winning this game this weekend is a big deal indeed, it would immediately get our confidence back knowing we went on the road against a great team and won in primetime. Our team never lacks confidence, we know we can play with anyone in the league and win, we proved that time and time again in recent history, but there is nothing that cures the woes of underachieving like winning a big game and showing the world, "Hey the world champs are still here" !

AZ_Steeler
10-02-2006, 03:24 PM
One game at a time...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2006, 04:21 PM
AZ Steelers has the right mind. One game at a time bro and I totally agree. The Steelers used that motto last year when they were 7-5. But the Chargers game is the first step in the right direction.

K Train
10-02-2006, 05:20 PM
one at a time guys...lets get back to .500 before we start talking nov and dec.

suitanim
10-02-2006, 05:33 PM
One game at a time...

And this game will be tough. San Diego lost a close one to the Rats, so they will be hungry. And, if you remember, the officiating wasn't exactly "pro-Steeler" in Qualcomm last year.

SteelerFan87
10-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Well, I predicted the Steelers and Bengals would both be 5-2 by week 8, but I was giving them a win against the Pats, so they could be behind us by then. Plus they have to go to Indy and Denver before playing us, and should lose at least 1 of those. Actually it could be really hilarious, especially if they get killed by both the Colts and the Broncos, since we'll be able to see if they can do what we did in the playoffs last year. I'm guessing they can't.

House of Steel
10-02-2006, 09:34 PM
12-4 and the AFC North crown, that is exactly what I see coming for us.

Friday133
10-02-2006, 10:47 PM
i wasn't really impressed with the chargers yesterday. if we can contain tomlinson and force rivers to beat us, i like our chances. we just need ben to be mistake free.

Steelersfan
10-03-2006, 12:37 AM
i wasn't really impressed with the chargers yesterday. if we can contain tomlinson and force rivers to beat us, i like our chances. we just need ben to be mistake free.

I agree %100! Containing LT is the key here and I know our D is good enough to do it. I'll take my chances with Rivers right now.

BBG7
10-03-2006, 12:41 AM
If we can shut down the run and pressure Rivers we should have no problems winning this game and that will be huge for us. It will get us back to the winning mentality that we have been lacking for the past 2 weeks.

Steelersfan
10-03-2006, 01:50 AM
You got that right BBG7! These guys need to get a couple wins in a row under them and they will start to feel it again!

Troyisabeast_43
10-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes I think it can lead into a downward spiral because there are really going to be no excuses for Cowher or any of the Steelers to say if they lose this game. They have been off for 2 weeks, they are completely healthy across the board, Ben has had time to shake the rust off, and they should have an excellent game plan to shut down a guy like Rivers who has never seen the Steelers. If the Steelers look flat and look out of sync this week in San Diego much like they did the Jags game after a long layoff then yes its definitely time to panic especially if they lose and fall to 1-3. The Steelers cannot afford to lose anymore games in this division with the way Cincy and Baltimore are playing. Cowher saying what Baltimore and Cincy do means nothing is a load of crap. He better be worried about what there doing because if the Steelers dont start winning games and Cincy and Baltimore keep winning there will be nothing for Cowher to worry about because the Steelers will be virtually baried in the standings. Very very pivotal game this Sunday night for the Steelers either way. If they win it like I said I think they roll off 7-8 in a row, if they lose it could be the beginning of the end and the start of a big downward spiral here for the rest of the season.

Blitzburgh55
10-03-2006, 07:59 PM
i hope you're right bro!

:iagree:

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Last year we held LT to 62 yards on 18 carries. I would expect similar numbers this coming sunday night.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Well the Bolts have more then just LT at RB. I think LT is the best RB in the NFL. But they also have Michael "the Burner" Turner as LT's backup. Turner has the ability to take it to the house on any given play.

House of Steel
10-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Michael Turner can burn rubber.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Michael Turner can burn rubber.

He is guy you can't fall asleep on thats for sure. With all the talk about LT which is well deserved. I just think Turner is very a good RB also and could be a threat Sunday night.