PDA

View Full Version : PM Spams

BlitzburghRockCity
04-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey all,

We caught a spammer sending out PM's to some of the members, that situation has been rectified. We apologize for any inconvenience or hassle this caused. We do a pretty good job of keeping spammers out of SA but they do sometimes get through so please remember to:

- use the "report post" feature if you see a spammer posting up on the site; that will send an email out to the staff immediately and we'll be able to take care of the issue asap.

- if you get a PM that is an obvious spammer or even if you aren't sure by all means forward it to one of the staff and we'll look into it.

Keep spammers out of SA is a full time job; we appreciate any and all feedback you guys can give us to help us keep them out of the site.

Thanks !! :yellowthumb:

Stlrs4Life
04-18-2008, 06:43 PM
How do I know if it is a spammer?

AZ_Steeler
04-18-2008, 07:06 PM
How do I know if it is a spammer?

Because more than likely they'll be offering you something and you won't recognize their name... or they could be asking you to visit their web site or simply display a link to their site hoping you will click it. :bigthumb:

Stlrs4Life
04-19-2008, 07:24 PM
OK, I see now.

AZ_Steeler
04-24-2008, 05:26 AM
Sorry you all.. another PM Spammer made it through. They have been removed and if you received anything from this person feel free to do with it whatever you like! :bigthumb: