PDA

View Full Version : C Johnson at it again

NOVA STEELERS
04-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Johnson will hold out from camps, wants out of Cincinnati

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/palmer_johnson_070831_WIDE.jpg Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesThe relationship between Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer took a different turn on Wednesday.

Usually Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer (http://www.nfl.com/players/carsonpalmer/profile?id=PAL249055) is the one trying to connect to wide receiver Chad Johnson. On Wednesday, it was Johnson who tried connecting with Palmer –- and others. After Palmer told reporters in an open locker room session early Wednesday that Johnson assured him he will be back in Cincinnati for any mandatory camp, the Bengals receiver sounded off with his strongest comments to date about a holdout and his desire to play elsewhere. “I will not be at any mandatory camp,” a noticeably angry Johnson said. “I will not be at training camp. I will not be anywhere in Cincinnati. “I'm not sure where Carson got his information from, but I know I didn't assure him of anything. I wish he'd stay out of this. He's taking how I’m feeling as a joke because I think everyone else in the organization is doing the same. “But let me be as clear as I can about this. This is not a joke. I really don’t want to play for the Bengals. Period.”
Johnson’s outburst is the latest in a line of comments to instigate a trade, but it marks the first time he and Palmer have disagreed so strongly, and so publicly. It comes 10 days before an NFL Draft in which Johnson wants to be traded in the worst possible way. At least a few teams have approached the Bengals about a trade –- one even offered multiple first-day picks –- but Cincinnati’s approach has not wavered. The team is as adamant about not trading Johnson as the seven-year veteran is adamant about not returning to Cincinnati. Johnson felt insulted that Palmer spoke on his behalf Wednesday, leading the five-time Pro Bowler to offer more words of his own. “I’m the reason everything went down the drain,” Johnson said. “So I want to make sure they have no more probems with me. Get me out".

Go Chad Go.......... and keep :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: in bungel land

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2008, 08:29 AM
The Bengals are stupid for trying to keep him; if he wants out that bad trade him to somebody else, and get a 1st & 3rd round pick for him and help build your team. Whozurmama wants more money too and wants to hold out so right now they are in a bad situation. That's what happens when you fill your team with a bunch of locker room cancers.

steelcityrockers
04-17-2008, 05:54 PM
They would take an $8mil cap hit if they traded him.

Brady Quinn
04-17-2008, 06:32 PM
THEY WILL BOTH BE THERE WHEN SEASON STARTS.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
At this point as bad as that team is, why not just take the hit and gain some draft picks out of it. Then you're basically done with him. Chad has been a controversial player from the get go; most times his antics are harmless but regardless that team needs a complete house cleaning.

steelerschick1220
04-17-2008, 08:15 PM
They should just let him go. He is going to be nothing but a distraction to the team and they don't need that. They suck enough as it is.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Noway the Bengals would get a 1st and a 3rd round pick for CJ....He is over 30 and proven to put himself ahead of the team.....I could see a 3rd or at highest a 2nd round pick for CJ....

steelcityrockers
04-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I could see a 1st or 2nd for him.

floodcitygirl
04-17-2008, 11:56 PM
I know he's behaving badly but can you really blame the guy for not wanting to play for that team??? lol

BlitzburghNation
04-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Well Pat Kirwin said on sirius today that chad is all about the money and
ME,,,,,,,,ME,,,,,,,,ME,,,,,,,,,Kirwin sounded really discusted with chad's behavior !

Pat says cut your losses & get rid of this distraction & get a 1st rounder for him,,,,, :popcorn:

Well I hope he stays and :stirpot:
:whiz: on the :bigfinger: ing BUNGHO'S

DIESELMAN
04-18-2008, 06:13 AM
**** CJ!!! He ain't all that, he's inconsistent, he "says" he shows up every Sunday to play, but he doesn't. Yeah at the end of the season, his stat line looks good, but he has a 8 catch 175 yard 2-3 TD game maybe 3 times a year, the rest of the time he's got 3 catch 50 yard 0 TD. I'll take Hines Ward over CJ any day of the week. So yeah, **** CJ and his TD celebrations, his locker room BS, and his wannabee a HOF'er stunt (he'll never be a HOF'er).

steelerschick1220
04-18-2008, 12:39 PM
^ I absolutely agree. He is a locker room cancer and a big mouth who needs to shut up and be thankful he has the oppurtunity to play in this league.

ejsteeler
04-18-2008, 01:03 PM
If he could get his head out of his :moon:, he has the potential to be great. However, he is too full of himself. I hope he stays put and is a total distraction to the Bungles.:yesnod:

steelcityrockers
04-18-2008, 01:58 PM
He already is a great WR. Easily Top-5. You cannot deny that.

ejsteeler
04-18-2008, 02:12 PM
No, not at all. I was talking about all time.:yellowthumb:

steelcityrockers
04-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Honestly, if he plays for another half a decade or so, he could be mentioned as one of the best ever. He just does so many things so well. He runs excellent routes, has terrific hands, great speed and quickness, etc.

ejsteeler
04-18-2008, 03:30 PM
I would have to agree, but he can seriously hurt the remainder of his career if he is not careful.
Personally, I liked his antics and did not see the harm in them. They were obviously in fun. The exception of course is anything involving The Terrible Towel, which I think was more whoseyourmama than Chad.

By the way, I love your sig. She is definitely one of the hottest woman around.

TampaSteelGirl
04-18-2008, 04:39 PM
As a Bengals owner i'd be afraid to keep the guy because you have to know he's not going to give it all for a team he doesnt' want to play for although IF and I say IF his team plays well this year, he'll then want to stay a Bengal then they should get rid of his arse!! :yellowthumb: He wont' be happy anywhere although I will say when TO got with a team he meshed well with he shut his mouth for the most part.

Blitzburgh55
04-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Chad Johnson just wants to win and not like he is sying give me the ball more he just wants to be on a winning team