PDA

View Full Version : Who's the favorite - on paper - to win the AFCN?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2008, 01:47 PM
All 4 teams in the AFCN have a tough road in 2008, nobody is going to find the schedule an easy go. Looking at it obviously we have the toughest one but we all know anything can happen. Injuries, poor play, coaching bungles, you name it, can all play a part in the outcome of a season but as of right now looking at the schedule who has the best shot to win the crown?

V_83
04-16-2008, 02:03 PM
IMO, I'll give you two guesses but you'll only need one. I don't think the browns will play as good as they did last year, and with help from the draft (hopefully) we'll be better.

SteelerFan87
04-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Bengals: suck
Ravens: suck
Browns: decent, but now they have a big boy schedule
Steelers: best team in the division, hardest schedule, eh we should probably win it unless the Browns really grow up fast.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
The Ravens might win 7 games this year. The Bengals will be ok in spurts but ultimately they won't contend for the divisional crown so it comes down to us and the Clowns.

Right now we have the tougher schedule but I like our chances based on who we are already and the tweaks are making this offseason. With some key depth aquisitions on in the interior lines we should be right up there ready to defend our title. The Clowns fans are running their mouths like they are a top 5 team in the NFL right now...some dude I work with was trying to sell that load of **** and I just laughed in his face and told him to keep walking and come down to reality. The Browns are in improved team but to call them a top 5 team in the NFL right now is ludicrous. Dallas, NE, Giants, Colts, Steelers, Chargers, are all easily better than the Browns and that's just off the top of my head without even thinking about it. There's plenty of teams in the league that improve every year from the previous year but we all know it doesn't matter what you have on paper, it's what you do in crunch time that counts.

When push comes to shove I'll take our chances in the AFCN over the Browns chances any day regardless of my distain for them.

SteelerFan87
04-16-2008, 03:04 PM
The Ravens might win 7 games this year. The Bengals will be ok in spurts but ultimately they won't contend for the divisional crown so it comes down to us and the Clowns.

Right now we have the tougher schedule but I like our chances based on who we are already and the tweaks are making this offseason. With some key depth aquisitions on in the interior lines we should be right up there ready to defend our title. The Clowns fans are running their mouths like they are a top 5 team in the NFL right now...some dude I work with was trying to sell that load of shiat and I just laughed in his face and told him to keep walking and come down to reality.

Yeah, it's between us and the Clowns, and until they prove otherwise, we own them. So they have to either beat us (which they haven't been able to do) or win enough of their other games that losing to us twice won't cost them the division.

steelcityrockers
04-16-2008, 05:58 PM
On paper right now? The Browns.

Troyisabeast_43
04-16-2008, 06:04 PM

Right now we have the tougher schedule but I like our chances based on who we are already and the tweaks are making this offseason. With some key depth aquisitions on in the interior lines we should be right up there ready to defend our title. The Clowns fans are running their mouths like they are a top 5 team in the NFL right now...some dude I work with was trying to sell that load of shiat and I just laughed in his face and told him to keep walking and come down to reality. The Browns are in improved team but to call them a top 5 team in the NFL right now is ludicrous. Dallas, NE, Giants, Colts, Steelers, Chargers, are all easily better than the Browns and that's just off the top of my head without even thinking about it. There's plenty of teams in the league that improve every year from the previous year but we all know it doesn't matter what you have on paper, it's what you do in crunch time that counts.

When push comes to shove I'll take our chances in the AFCN over the Browns chances any day regardless of my distain for them.

This schedule is tough no doubt about it but how the schedule is set up with who we play and when and and stuff I think can work a lot in the Steelers favor. Sure they start off the season with 5 of their first 8 games on the road, but the road games I think we start out with with the exception of Jacksonville I think the Steelers can definitely win. I can see us winning in Cleveland and Cincy, and in Philly and Washington both are actually better road teams then they are home teams. Plus, the Skins have a rookie head coach, and the Eagles are still a team with a ton of question marks. The bottom line is if the Steelers can go 5-3 in those first 8 games with Houston,@Cleveland,@Philly,Balt, @Jags,@Cincy,NYG,and @Washington they are going to set themselves up very good with 5 of their 8 games at home which will include 3 in a row at home in November after the Skins game with the Colts,Chargers,and Bengals. All the Steelers have to do those first 8 games to go 5-3 is win all 3 of their home games with Houston,Balt,and the Giants which I definitely think they can do, and go 2-3 on the road with cleveland,cincy,philly,wash,and the Jags. The Browns first 8 games is probably tougher then the Steelers. So if the Steelers can be 5-3 or maybe even better through those first 8 games, which looking at that schedule I think is very possible. They will be in very very good shape to win the AFC North in the 2nd half of the season.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Everywhere you go no matter whether its NFLN, ESPN, or the water cooler at work every freekin person is going nuts over the Browns like they already won the division.... :bwah: I like our chances this year, if the teams play out like the schedule indicates we will get a real good test of where we are and what it's going to take to win in the playoffs in 08. We can do this, we've got the major pieces of the puzzle in place already; all we need is some tweaking here and there and we'll be ready for action. Im really excited to get a better feel for this schedule after the draft as well.

BlitzburghNation
04-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Bengals: suck
Ravens: suck
Browns: decent, but now they have a big boy schedule
Steelers: best team in the division, hardest schedule, eh we should probably win it unless the Browns really grow up fast.

:ditto:

I say we win division by 2 games ~~~~~ :tt02:

JensK
04-17-2008, 02:22 AM

:ditto: The question was on paper, not on how we think they are going to miserable (which ofc, all of us hope the browns will :yellowthumb: ), but on paper, with the schedule and before the draft (also based on performance 07) id say the browns.. However, i do believe that the steelers is going to win the division, since we are a team capable of beating the best, if all players play their heart out!

Ambridge
04-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Right now as we speak I think the Browns have to be the favorite to take the AFC North.
The Steelers have too many holes on the offensive line to be concerned with....and Mike Tomlin has to start getting the Steelers playing better on a consistant basis as well making better in-game decisions himself.

portcityblackandgold
04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
All the paper I have points to the domination of the AFCN by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Didn't we sweep the upstart Clowns? We are at that time of the year when young men's minds turn to flights of fancy.:greenbounce2: So i'll say on paper the Browns can win the AFCN. Unfortunately, the game is played on grass.:redcool::redcool:

Brady Quinn
04-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Right now as we speak I think the Browns have to be the favorite to take the AFC North.
The Steelers have too many holes on the offensive line to be concerned with....and Mike Tomlin has to start getting the Steelers playing better on a consistant basis as well making better in-game decisions himself.

I agree we are the favorites on paper, but we do have to play the games. I do not think the Steelers are any better than we are. You are weak on the OL and who knows what kind of running game you will have. Parker could play like crap after that injury and with a below average line he might really struggle. We have some secondary issues and still not sold on DA.

steelcityrockers
04-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Depth in general is also a bit of a problem for you guys.

steelerschick1220
04-17-2008, 08:08 PM
I think we have got to be the favorite. The Browns have a tougher schedule this year, so it will be intersting to see if they really are for real or a flash in the pan. The media people make a big deal out of our schedule, but the entire divison has pretty much the same one. I do think it will be the Browns or the Steelers, but if we keep beating the Browns, it should be ours.

The media is all over the Browns and counting us out, and as much as it may make me mad, I have this feeling that Pittsburgh will show everyone just how wrong they are.

Stlrs4Life
04-17-2008, 10:27 PM

I shamelessly agree!:banging:

K Train
04-17-2008, 10:27 PM
browns will lose 10....:markit:

steelcityrockers
04-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if the went 12-4 or 5-11. It all pretty much rides on how the secondary shapes together.

K Train
04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if the went 12-4 or 5-11. It all pretty much rides on how the secondary shapes together.

lol the secondary is the least of our worries

steelcityrockers
04-17-2008, 11:21 PM
I was referring to the Browns, unless you were talking about the Browns in which case I disagree with you.

K Train
04-17-2008, 11:43 PM
i thought you were talking about us

DIESELMAN
04-18-2008, 06:24 AM
No offense to your question TOP, but like one of the Brownie fans said, the games still have to be played. With that being said, to be the Champs you have to beat the Champs. :cope: :cope: :cope:

Brady Quinn
04-18-2008, 10:35 AM
browns will lose 10....:markit:

YOUR NUTZ!

Dako
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
The only time "on paper" is good is when house training the dog. When the season is over, the Steelers will be on top.

ejsteeler
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Let's make this easy.....

Hear we go Steelers, here we go!!!!:tt02:

Steel58
04-18-2008, 02:00 PM
On paper it's the stains, but we all know what's going to happen the Steelers will take the division. BRING IN MATT JONES!!!!:helmet:

steelcityrockers
04-18-2008, 02:04 PM
You are joking, right? Please tell me you are joking.

ejsteeler
04-18-2008, 02:44 PM
:+1::newhere:

TampaSteelGirl
04-18-2008, 04:41 PM
The thing is we ALWAYS have a tough schedule and do well, with the Browns having a tough schedule this year, we'll see what they are made of! :tt02:

K Train
04-18-2008, 04:44 PM
On paper it's the stains, but we all know what's going to happen the Steelers will take the division. BRING IN MATT JONES!!!!:helmet:

this post makes me want to do terrible terrible things to small animals

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2008, 05:23 AM
Once again we see that the NFL media and fans in general just don't get it. The Browns did sooo much this year, oh the Browns they are the team to beat, can you believe what the Browns did this offseason, oh the Browns are going to take the AFCN crown this year... :barf:

and once again the NFL will realize who is the team to beat in this division and that's US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelerschick1220
04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
You tell them the Top Gun!!!! I am convinced that the media in any sport has a "flavor" of the month and right now, it is the Browns. That will change.

steelersgal86
04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Once again we see that the NFL media and fans in general just don't get it. The Browns did sooo much this year, oh the Browns they are the team to beat, can you believe what the Browns did this offseason, oh the Browns are going to take the AFCN crown this year... :barf:

and once again the NFL will realize who is the team to beat in this division and that's US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ditto: well said :clap::clap:

Brady Quinn
04-19-2008, 11:35 AM

I think it will be a battle, but I think this will be our year. I understand the games have to be played, but I just want everyone here to be ready to say that the Browns were the better team IF we do win the division. I will do the same if the Steelers win.

steelersgal86
04-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I think it will be a battle, but I think this will be our year. I understand the games have to be played, but I just want everyone here to be ready to say that the Browns were the better team IF we do win the division. I will do the same if the Steelers win.

You guys say the same :willybs:year after year...one year you are bound to be right...but not this one :markit:

DIESELMAN
04-20-2008, 10:10 AM
You guys say the same :willybs:year after year...one year you are bound to be right...but not this one

:plus1:.....Its good for these fans to have hope but to have false hope year after year is sad. :greengrin:

steelersgal86
04-20-2008, 10:57 AM
:plus1:.....Its good for these fans to have hope but to have false hope year after year is sad. :greengrin:

:lol::lol: :iagree: Would get kind of tiring if you ask me :yesnod:

Brady Quinn
04-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Call it what you want, because this year will be different. I understand that Browns fans say this all the time. I thought we would win 5 or 6 games last year and I was wrong. We are a good team and definately as good as your team.

steelersgal86
04-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Call it what you want, because this year will be different. I understand that Browns fans say this all the time. I thought we would win 5 or 6 games last year and I was wrong. We are a good team and definately as good as your team.

:haha: :clueless:

Brady Quinn
04-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Whatever Carla I am going to make you eat your words after this season. We are going to make a good bet that you will pay up.

steelersgal86
04-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Whatever Carla I am going to make you eat your words after this season. We are going to make a good bet that you will pay up.

:willybs::willybs: You are not going to make me eat shiat!!!!! :brownssuck:and they always will....

TEEMONT
04-20-2008, 01:13 PM

I think the bungles have proved over the last 5-6 years, that having several good individuals does not make you a team.

K2 is going to turn into the Ocho Cinco of cleveland:markit:

If there is one thing true about the AFC North, it's that the clowns can't win it. Hell, the one year they made the playoffs, who spanked them back into reality? If Abraham Lincoln was President today, he would have to draft another Emancipation Proclamation, because we own you.

ejsteeler
04-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I think the bungles have proved over the last 5-6 years, that having several good individuals does not make you a team.

K2 is going to turn into the Ocho Cinco of cleveland:markit:

If there is one thing true about the AFC North, it's that the clowns can't win it. Hell, the one year they made the playoffs, who spanked them back into reality? If Abraham Lincoln was President today, he would have to draft another Emancipation Proclamation, because we own you.

:clap::clap::lol::clap::clap::cope:
The brownies can't keep up.........but you gotta love the blind faith their fans have.........:nahnah:

steelcityrockers
04-21-2008, 05:32 PM
If the Brown's secondary holds up and Derek Anderson doesn't revert to his late last season form, I think they will put up one hell of a fight for the division crown.

ejsteeler
04-22-2008, 10:19 AM
If the Brown's secondary holds up and Derek Anderson doesn't revert to his late last season form, I think they will put up one hell of a fight for the division crown.

yeah, me too, but shhhhh!, don't tell them that! :yellowthumb:

Brady Quinn
04-22-2008, 01:21 PM
It is hard to have a rivalry if we don't start winning again and that is what I really want

ejsteeler
04-22-2008, 01:28 PM
It is hard to have a rivalry if we don't start winning again and that is what I really want

I'm perfectly fine with the rivalry continuing with more clowns losses. Have to admit, records mean nothing when these teams play, but I am greedy, win, win, win, win, win!!!:cope:

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 12:53 AM
:lol: this is the longest post I found from him, now I no why he doesn't use more than a sentence in each of his posts! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 12:57 AM
I think I pissed myself a little.

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 12:58 AM
:lol:When I found that, I did more than **** myself a little

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Too bad he wasn't here earlier to join the Jorvorskie Lane Ball Lickers Association.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

this post makes me want to do terrible terrible things to small animals

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Too bad he wasn't here earlier to join the Jorvorskie Lane Ball Lickers Association.:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: This is the most fun I've ever had on a message board :lol: Its just so much fun being mean to peopl:bluelol:

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 01:03 AM
I almost feel bad because don't want to scare him away because I will then have less to make fun of, but it is way too funny.

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 01:05 AM
lol at that small animals comment :bluelol::bluelol::bluelol:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I almost feel bad because don't want to scare him away because I will then have less to make fun of, but it is way too funny.
lol I feel ya. Dont try to fight it :bluelol::lol::bluelol:

K Train
06-17-2008, 01:06 AM
i really dont think its gonna scare him away, he obviously reads the title of the thread and types a quick reply lol

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 01:08 AM
And I thank him for that. I don't know where I would be tonight without that.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Now can we play nice?........lol Just kidding...You guys are freaking nuts......

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 01:09 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: A round of applause for Steel58! :hilarious::hilarious:

K Train
06-17-2008, 01:09 AM
dude it hilarious lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2008, 01:10 AM
dude it hilarious lol

You guys have me rolling and I missed most of this ****......:lol: I have been playing catch up reading it....

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 01:15 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: A round of applause for Steel58! :hilarious::hilarious:

Without whom this night would not possible.

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 01:17 AM
You guys have me rolling and I missed most of this shiat......:lol: I have been playing catch up reading it....
:lol: as soon as I got on tonight everything kinda fell into place and the Steel58 bashing began somehow. I cant explain it, but its friggin awesome :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Where did it even start? Steel58 should be happy he contributed to the best day on this forum.

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 01:36 AM
Where did it even start? Steel58 should be happy he contributed to the best day on this forum.
I really cant remember, wait. We were originally talking about Hines Ward getting old, and something to do with today versus the 70's players and then somehow poor Steel58 got drug into it :lol:

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Don't you just love team forums? Hahahaha. I love this shiat. It makes my day. That and Steel58. He is the most articulate poster I have ever seen.

Found it.

SteelerSteve
06-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Found it.lol that post should go down in forum history lol

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 09:47 PM
If we make an SA Hall Of Fame, all the posts from last night will have to be in it.

SteelerDan43
06-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I think on paper you have to pick the Steelers, the Browns while no doubt talented are not going to sneak up on everyone and will face a tough schedule with high expectations that were not there in years past. Our experience with expectations I think pulls us through

Koopa
06-17-2008, 10:28 PM
i'm still trying to figure out who the hell is steel58 y'all keep talking about??

steelcityrockers
06-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Read some of the threads. All of his posts are like 6 words long and he says the same stuff over and over again.

SteelerSteve
06-18-2008, 06:27 PM
i'm still trying to figure out who the hell is steel58 y'all keep talking about??
yeah, just look at his posting history, it will baffle you lol