PDA

View Full Version : Just want you all to know

TEEMONT
04-13-2008, 03:47 AM
I got into a "whose better" argument tonight, about Ben, Peyton, and Brady............

I had Ben's back.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2008, 04:13 AM
I got into a "whose better" argument tonight, about Ben, Peyton, and Brady............

I had Ben's back.

:lol:......Ben is your new boy......:yellowthumb:

susielr
04-13-2008, 10:12 AM

I had Ben's back.

Where did you have that argument at?...On another sports site?

I get into arguments all the time about NFL quarterbacks. Just last night I stated on how much I dislike Rivers...cause I can't stand him....and I got bashed. :lol:..Then they start picking on Ben...:nono:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah dude, elaborate alittle...but I must say I'm proud of you for being in Bens corner :lol:

Hburg
04-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Teemont backed Ben in an argument? I called Satan, and hell is still intact, but I'm pretty sure I just saw Babe the pig sailing past a minute ago.

BuFu

TEEMONT
04-13-2008, 12:48 PM
lol...I was at a buddies house playing poker and drinking. We started talking **** on Notre Dame b/c my one boy is a ND fan, then he started talking **** on Um , b/c my other buddy and I are UM fans.

One thing led to another, then someone proclaimed Brady the best QB ever, and I called BS.

susielr
04-13-2008, 12:52 PM
lol...I was at a buddies house playing poker and drinking. We started talking shiat on Notre Dame b/c my one boy is a ND fan, then he started talking shiat on Um , b/c my other buddy and I are UM fans.

One thing led to another, then someone proclaimed Brady the best QB ever, and I called BS.

Way to go...:yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2008, 12:56 PM
lol...I was at a buddies house playing poker and drinking. We started talking shiat on Notre Dame b/c my one boy is a ND fan, then he started talking shiat on Um , b/c my other buddy and I are UM fans.

Brady best ever...lol He is making a case for the top 10 or 5 best ever but he isn't the best ever....

TEEMONT
04-13-2008, 12:59 PM
he isn't even the best right now

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2008, 01:04 PM
he isn't even the best right now

I hate the guy and really if he would fall off the face of the earth I wouldn't care at all....But I think he is the best QB in the game today....I still would take him over Peyton Manning....Those two are still the best in the game...Can't go wrong with either one...You know I'm a Ben homer but I can't put him up there with those two yet....I would put Ben 3rd best in the NFL right now...I also think Ben is the perfect fit for the Steelers....

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Anybody who calls anybody that's still playing in the league, the best ever is off their rocker and smoking some seriously good stuff :whatever: No player today is the best ever at anything because the jury is still out on them regardless of how good they are right now. Once you retire you can then be judged as one of the best ever at your position if your stats so dictate you being included in such a discussion.

Brady is one of the best playing in the game today, a top 3 QB for sure and trust me I hate his guts more than just about anything. Ben, Brady, and Peyton all have something to bring to the field on gameday that you'd want to have at your disposal.

Anybody who thinks Brady is the best ever can work on selling me some land in Florida :willybs:

Brady Quinn
04-13-2008, 02:26 PM
When Brady's career is over this argument will be over as well. He is definately going to go down as one of the best ever. I cannot stand him or the college he came from, but the guy is a winner. I think after Manning and Brady there are a bunch of #3s. To give that spot directly to Ben is a homer view. Ben is a good QB, but there are a lot of good QBs in the league.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2008, 02:50 PM
When Brady's career is over this argument will be over as well. He is definately going to go down as one of the best ever. I cannot stand him or the college he came from, but the guy is a winner. I think after Manning and Brady there are a bunch of #3s. To give that spot directly to Ben is a homer view. Ben is a good QB, but there are a lot of good QBs in the league.

I guess you missed my post of Brady making a case for top 10 or 5 for best ever....But to say the arguments over for Brady being the best ever when his career is down is very debatable.....To many great QBs for Tom Brady to clearly stake the claim....

As for Ben being the 3rd best right now its my opinion and its not just me being a homer...After Brady and Manning there isn't a QB I would take over him...As for the other good QBs...

Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, or Tony Romo, Marc Bulger, Matt Hassleback, Eli Manning....

In my opinion Ben has shown more then those guys in his four short years of his career...Which one was ruined by a motorcycle accident and his first two years Ben was handcuffed by Bill Cowher....Ben was 3rd in TD passes last year and played behind a horrid OL....If Ben had the time Brady or Manning enjoyed and if Ben had a WR like Moss then Ben could have thrown for 50 TDs as well....

susielr
04-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I guess you missed my post of Brady making a case for top 10 or 5 for best ever....But to say the arguments over for Brady being the best ever when his career is down is very debatable.....To many great QBs for Tom Brady to clearly stake the claim....

As for Ben being the 3rd best right now its my opinion and its not just me being a homer...After Brady and Manning there isn't a QB I would take over him...As for the other good QBs...

Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, or Tony Romo, Marc Bulger, Matt Hassleback, Eli Manning....

In my opinion Ben has shown more then those guys in his four short years of his career...Which one was ruined by a motorcycle accident and his first two years Ben was handcuffed by Bill Cowher....Ben was 3rd in TD passes last year and played behind a horrid OL....If Ben had the time Brady or Manning enjoyed and if Ben had a WR like Moss then Ben could have thrown for 50 TDs as well....

Very well put...:yellowthumb:

JensK
04-13-2008, 04:04 PM

Indeed! I guees maybe Eli Manning could share a 3th place with Ben here, but the others need something.. Like a nice shiny ring :yellowthumb: To me, you move from good to exellent, when you lead your team to a victory in the SB... You may be able to throw as good as them, and you may be able to read the field aswell as them, but if you can't lead you team to victory, what good is it?

TEEMONT
04-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Indeed! I guees maybe Eli Manning could share a 3th place with Ben here, but the others need something.. Like a nice shiny ring :yellowthumb: To me, you move from good to exellent, when you lead your team to a victory in the SB... You may be able to throw as good as them, and you may be able to read the field aswell as them, but if you can't lead you team to victory, what good is it?

Eli has earned his money in games, I still don't even consider him to be int he top 8 in the league.

Although he did play MUCH better in his Sb then Ben did.

JensK
04-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Eli has earned his money in games, I still don't even consider him to be int he top 8 in the league.

Well my point was, you may have a good QB, but if they don't lead you to victory, what good is it? He may not throw as far, og as accurate as Tony Romo or whoever, but Tony dosnt have a ring, and he dosnt performe when he really has to...

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2008, 04:23 PM

Ben was in his second year and Eli was in his fourth...Big difference....

Plus Ben's play-off performance in 05 was very good until the Super Bowl......lol

Eli was solid in his play-off games but his best game was clearly the Super Bowl....I give him credit for that game and he was huge when it mattered most.....I do think Eli turned the corner in his career and he could take the next step and put himself into the top five best QBs in the NFL this year...We will have to wait and see...

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2008, 04:56 PM
the thing that sets Ben apart from every Bulger, Palmer, Romo, etc in the league is he's plain and simple a winner. He's a guy who can rally the troops and pick up the offense and will them to a score at any given time. He's a guy that won't quit and that's somebody who I want on my team over any of those QB's in the league right now. Manning and Brady are 2 of the best in the business no question and they've lead their teams to Championships like Ben did. I would stick Ben in the same sentence with any of them as a top 3 QB in the league no question. As far as Eli goes he's really coming into his own and he really lifted that offense up in the playoffs. The defense took control of the SB and just ran with it but they wouldn't have won without Eli. I wouldn't say he's in the league of his brother or Brady just yet but he's getting there quick.

Stlrs4Life
04-13-2008, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't expect you not to have his back Teemont.

MDSteel15
04-13-2008, 05:14 PM

Of those the only one I consider worth anything would be Brees. Like some1 else said, the D- took over in the SuperBowl for the Giants....

steelcitysfinestXL
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Plain and simple Manning and Brady are the class of the NFL right now... I hate tom brady more than anyone on this forum but i have to say he is still head and shoulders above ben IN HIS SYSTEM!!! His team is built around him, stemming from a oline built to pass pro. In my very unprofessional opinion Peyton is tops because of his overall footbal IQ. Dude puts mad hours in the Film room and it shows when he take the field. He calls the plays, makes the throws ... he runs the show for the colts. I think Brady is one hell of a qb that was drafted into a great position and handed his first SB ring. Drew Bledsoe had that team as a SB contender until he got hurt and Brady took over!! Manning was David Carr his first season or two until they got things rolling in indi... he took the hard road while in my eyes tom brady had a great team handed to him!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Let's not forget either that Brady may be a great QB but he can't do it all alone. Even last year when he had all those weapons at his disposal they still couldn't win it all. It takes a complete effort from all 53 guys on a team to do it. He had a year to remember last year but he still fell short :lol:

MDSteel15
04-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Let's not forget either that Brady may be a great QB but he can't do it all alone. Even last year when he had all those weapons at his disposal they still couldn't win it all. It takes a complete effort from all 53 guys on a team to do it. He had a year to remember last year but he still fell short :lol:

I agree with you on last year TG, but who did he have before? Peyton has always been surrounded by great RB and WR's, who has Brady had before this year? Not much!

TampaSteelGirl
04-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I just bought a new Big Ben jersey last week!!!!!! :yellowthumb:

steelerschick1220
04-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Im my opinion, Brady is the best in the league right now. I just don't like Peyton. I think his many commercials get on my nerves. Brady is in the top five or ten all time, but we'll have to wait until his career is over to decide once and for all.

I feel that Ben is the 3rd best QB in the game right now. No matter if we're up or down, I always feel that he can win us the games. Ben is a competitive guy, and I think that's what makes him so good. Pats fans, you may keep Mr. Brady. I wouldn't trade Ben for anybody else in the league.

BlitzburghNation
04-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Really can't say who's the best in the game right now,,,,,,,:scratch:
Because I just don't have it in me,,,,,,,,, a never ended debate,which doesn't
hold ,,,,, :whiz:

There is only one player that is not a debate and we all know who that is,,,,,

Jerry Rice,,,,,,,

But we all know what team has been the best over the years :towelwave:
Especially that STEEL CURTAIN

RckyMtnStlrFan
04-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Brady is one of the best... true. But, we all have seen that if you can pressure him you can rattle him and win. Manning, IMO, is probably the best all around QB in the league right now because he is still good under pressure and finds ways to win. Plus, as someone else said, he studies and knows the game better than anyone else. That being said, Ben was able to pull off 32 td's and be the #3 qb in the league with one of the worst OL's. If he had the time that Brady and Peyton had and the receiving corps he would have been the best. In my book that puts Ben right at the top with Manning and ahead of Brady.
I'm a bit hammered so I hope this makes sense. If not... f*** it, move on to the next post. lol

SteelersWoman
04-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Ben's QB rating of almost 10 points higher than Peyton--with the line (joke that it was) we had, tells me that you can't go wrong putting him up there at Peyton's level.

steelerschick1220
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
^ I totally agree with that. It would be cool to see what he could do even if we had a decent line.

TampaSteelGirl
04-15-2008, 12:34 PM
^ I totally agree with that. It would be cool to see what he could do even if we had a decent line.

I agree! I think Ben would be the best if he had a good line in front of him and he wasn't running for his life!! I'd love too see that, hopefully that will happen this year. An awesome line and a breakout year for Ben!!! I"m ready!! I still think he's definately in the top 2 or 3.

steelerschick1220
04-15-2008, 02:37 PM
^ Absolutely, I agree once again, 100%!!!!!!!!!

V_83
04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
As for the other good QBs...

Besides Brees and Manning, I wouldn't pay the others anything except to leave town.

JensK
04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Besides Brees and Manning, I wouldn't pay the others anything except to leave town.

Aww, Romo have hes moments! :lol:

okiesteeler
04-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Romo has his moments as long as they are not playing in the playoffs

steelerschick1220
04-15-2008, 07:52 PM
^ I seriously just thought the same thing........

SteelerFan87
04-16-2008, 01:39 PM

It's really nice of you and all, but you need to stop befriending retards.

:lol:

Koopa
04-16-2008, 04:06 PM
you know what's funny, this exact same day i had to back up willie parker to my friends, and i had his back.... lol.....

SteelerSteve
04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Peyton Manning imo is a way better and more talented qb than Brady, There is a reason he was the first round pick while Brady was 199th. Brady obviously was better than where he was drafted, but he doesn't really seem to have the strongest or most accurate arm, it seems like his deep ball takes a loooong time getting to his recievers and randy moss' athletic ability made up for that somewhat last year. He is great with the slant patterns though and buys time in the pocket and definitley helps his team, but I think that either Peyton or Ben could have won possibly more superbowls, including last seasons superbowl if they were the pats starter.

steelcityrockers
04-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I really hate stupid people.