PDA

View Full Version : Batch expands his horizons

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2006, 09:08 PM
I didn't see this posted before so if it was, then yes I was too lazy to find it :lol:

http://mlntherawfeed.squarespace.com/minor-league-sports-business/2006/10/1/charlie-batch-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-takes-majority-ownership-of-aba-detroit-panthers-basketball-franchise.html

Charlie Batch Pittsburgh Steelers QB Takes Majority Ownership of ABA Detroit Panthers Basketball Franchise

MLN Newswire - Detroit, MI. The ABA Detroit Panthers professional basketball team announced that Charlie Batch, quarterback for the NFL Pittsburgh Steelers, has assumed the role of majority owner. Co-owner Antoine Joubert will assume the role of head coach. "We are very pleased to have Charlie with us. He's a great athlete, a good businessman, and he loves basketball," said Joubert. "Working together, we will make the Panthers one of the premiere teams in the ABA. The talent we've assembled is awesome - lots of great local players with great credentials." Batch joins former New England Patriot Marques Sullivan, owner of the ABA Chicago Rockstars, as NFL players who have joined the ABA.

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Wow! I had no idea! :scratch: I've heard of the ABA but it's sounding like it's starting to get bigger and bigger and with all these "superstars" that are starting to show interest it could be something big :dunno: