PDA

View Full Version : My 2008 dream draft.

MillerTime83
04-11-2008, 03:07 AM
I have so many thoughts on so many guys and I know the Steelers always make good decesions, but heres what I would do I was Tomlin and the Steelers.

First if Albert is gone I would trade down because the top 3 guys after him will be on my board will be there around late first early 2nd. These picks are in order i would take them if they are there.

1.Groves
Cherilus
Talib
Sweed

2.Cliff Avril
Anthony Collins
Brandon Flowers
Chilo Rachal

3.Ray Rice
Kendall Langford
Dexter Jackson
Lavelle Hawkins
Jeremy Zuttah

These would be my targeted guys. If we can get an extra 3rd or 2nd for trading down I would be crazy happy because I would really love to have Ray Rice and Langford. Now tell me what do you think.:banana2:

SteelerSteve
04-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I would like to see Dexter Jackson get a shot on our team!

steelcityrockers
04-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I do like Dexter Jackson. Very good returner.

Here is my dream first day.

1. Chris Williams (I know he won't be there, but this is my dream draft)

2. Earl Bennett (WR Vanderbilt) A terrific posession receiver. Has tremendous hands. Speed is a bit of an issue and his routes need some polishing. Not very sudden or quick. Average height and build (6'-0''-6'-1'' 200lbs) Iff he could fine tune his routes, he could be a solid #2 guy to pair with Holmes.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-11-2008, 08:17 PM

2. Earl Bennett (WR Vanderbilt) A terrific posession receiver. Has tremendous hands. Speed is a bit of an issue and his routes need some polishing. Not very sudden or quick. Average height and build (6'-0''-6'-1'' 200lbs) Iff he could fine tune his routes, he could be a solid #2 guy to pair with Holmes.

Williams and Bennett would be a solid draft for the first two rounds....I doubt Williams i there also but we can hope....:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I think I'd consider day 1 a success if we landed anyone of these guys in the 1st..
Groves
Cherilus
Talib
Sweed

Sweed is the least likely just simply because of the other needs but oh man if Sweed fell to the 2nd round or if we got Bennett I'd be a happy camper for sure; he's built like a Hines Ward type of player. I don't care about his speed and the route running can be brought up to snuff with some solid coaching.

K Train
04-11-2008, 10:30 PM
i really like talib, but i just dont want him in the first

K Train
04-11-2008, 11:39 PM
i would trade troy and next years first round pick to move up and get albert and williams lol

TEEMONT
04-11-2008, 11:50 PM
i would trade troy and next years first round pick to move up and get albert and williams lol

agreed...I would lose Troy in a heartbeat. I dont think we would have to give away nexts years pick, (which I'm thinking will be a mid 20-something pick)

K Train
04-11-2008, 11:52 PM
no i want albert AND williams, not just one lol

TEEMONT
04-12-2008, 12:02 AM
no i want albert AND williams, not just one lol

yeah and I want a BJ from that chick in High School Musical...lol

aint happening though.

I could see them trading away Troy though. He's another Cowher guy, and Tomlin wants this to be his team.

K Train
04-12-2008, 12:04 AM
we should trade him now while hes still got best safety in the league value....mostly because he looks like a lion when he whiffs tackles

TEEMONT
04-12-2008, 12:55 AM
we should trade him now while hes still got best safety in the league value....mostly because he looks like a lion when he whiffs tackles

I wish Smith would just **** peoples lives next year.

MillerTime83
04-12-2008, 01:53 AM

Dont get me wrong i would love to have Williams, but im talking if steelers stay at 23 or trade down. I was trying to stay realistic with the rounds and where I think we can get people at. I say trade with SF and pick Groves and pick up an extra 3rd and 6th. Rice and Jackson or Langford FTW.(for the win)

steelcityrockers
04-12-2008, 11:00 AM
i really like talib, but i just dont want him in the first

I just don't want him.