PDA

View Full Version : Draft board for pick #23

BlackGold4vr
04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Here is the order of precedence for the players I would pick if they were available.

1. Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
2. Branden Albert, OG, Virginia
3. Quentin Groves, OLB, Auburn
4. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

Any of the first 3 are worthy of the 23rd pick but we could probably trade down and still get Gosder Cherilus + an extra pick somewhere else. I would be happy with any of these 4 players being seen in black and gold at the start of training camp in Latrobe.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Here is the order of precedence for the players I would pick if they were available.

1. Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
2. Branden Albert, OG, Virginia
3. Quentin Groves, OLB, Auburn
4. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

Any of the first 3 are worthy of the 23rd pick but we could probably trade down and still get Gosder Cherilus + an extra pick somewhere else. I would be happy with any of these 4 players being seen in black and gold at the start of training camp in Latrobe.

I agree with you for the most part.....Your top three is my top 3.....But I would have Malcolm Kelly over Cherilus....

K Train
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
malcolm kelly had a horrible horrible pro day today

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2008, 07:12 PM
malcolm kelly had a horrible horrible pro day today

I know I read his pro day results...Still I think he is going to be a very good WR...You can't just use Pro Days when scouting a player.....I still prefer James Hardy but I wouldn't use the 23rd pick on Hardy....

K Train
04-09-2008, 07:14 PM
yeah i like to use the pro day results to hold a little more water than the combine though, he was still kinda injured, but when they are in their own enviroment they need to show up imo. I like sweed just a little more than kelly at this point, and i really am not crazy about hardy at all

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2008, 07:17 PM
yeah i like to use the pro day results to hold a little more water than the combine though, he was still kinda injured, but when they are in their own enviroment they need to show up imo. I like sweed just a little more than kelly at this point, and i really am not crazy about hardy at all

I know James Hardy...I have seen him play a ton of times...He is going to be a very good pro WR....

steelcityrockers
04-09-2008, 07:20 PM
1. Chris Williams
2. Branden Albert
3. Jeff Otah
4. Mike Jenkins
5. Malcolm Kelly
6. Antoine Cason
7. Limas Sweed
8. Quentin Groves

K Train
04-09-2008, 07:29 PM
1. Chris Williams
2. Branden Albert
3. Jeff Otah
4. Mike Jenkins
5. Malcolm Kelly
6. Antoine Cason
7. Limas Sweed
8. Quentin Groves

that list goes to **** after #2. Otah is a fat ****ing slob piece of ****. He will be mentioned in the same breath with robert gallery one day.

You already know how i feel about Mike Jenkins and i would flip out if we took cason at 23, hes low second round at best. he might be there when we pick in the second. I love groves and one of the wideouts would work, they both have huge ???? though and i would be more comfortable with doucet or hawkins in the second

Realistically i'll go with these guys

Williams
Albert
Balmer
Groves
Sweed
Talib
Kelly
Merling
Cherilus

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2008, 07:31 PM
that list goes to shiat after #2. Otah is a fat ****ing slob piece of shiat. He will be mentioned in the same breath with robert gallery one day.

You already know how i feel about Mike Jenkins and i would flip out if we took cason at 23, hes low second round at best. he might be there when we pick in the second. I love groves and one of the wideouts would work, they both have huge ???? though and i would be more comfortable with doucet or hawkins in the second

Hawkins, I wouldn't mind at all in the 2nd round...

K Train
04-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Hawkins>Jackson

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Hawkins>Jackson

i agree.....i edited my post.....i like hawkins

K Train
04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
i thought it was a i wouldnt want lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2008, 07:51 PM
i thought it was a i wouldnt want lol

playing poker and posting at the same time isn't working out....lol I'm a fan of Hawkins....I think his teammate Jackson is over-rated...

K Train
04-09-2008, 07:52 PM
jackson is a midget...said he was 6' 195 and he was 5'9" 172 lol

kgreen
04-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Cherilus
Albert
Williams
Groves
Jenkins

Those are my Top 5

steelcityrockers
04-09-2008, 09:49 PM
How the hell could Cherilus be your, or anyone's, #1?

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

that list goes to shiat after #2. Otah is a fat ****ing slob piece of shiat. He will be mentioned in the same breath with robert gallery one day.

Although Otah is fat and can't read, he is a mauler. He has a very hgh ceiling. A bit of a boom or bust guy but I would much rather have him than Cherilus. Plus he wouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Gallery since Gallery was the #2 overall pick. BTW Gallery is a decent guard and he was subject to some TERRIBLE coaching in Oakland. I don't thin he ever finished a year at one position. While I agree that Cason MAY be there in the second, he is the top corner this year IMO. Not the best measureables (not shabby though), but when you turn on the tape he is excellent. Mark it down. He will be the best corner in this year's class. Your boy Talib is vastly overrated. He ad a few good plays. On tape he looks bad, and he dosen't measure well.

Also, you never explained why you don't like Mike Jenkins?

kgreen
04-09-2008, 11:01 PM
How the hell could Cherilus be your, or anyone's, #1?

Dude he's not. That list isn't in order. Those are just 5 guys I think we could draft.

steelcityrockers
04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Oh sorry bro.

redirus91
04-14-2008, 11:27 AM
what does everyone make of the jonathan stewart (RB from Oregon) pick from the analysts on the NFL network?
A Running back?

BlackGold4vr
04-14-2008, 11:47 AM
what does everyone make of the jonathan stewart (RB from Oregon) pick from the analysts on the NFL network?
A Running back?

It is a distinct possibility they could take him if he falls to #23. I wouldn't mind the pick as long as pick #53 was an O-lineman. I believe we could still get a quality O-lineman with pick 53. The O-line pick isn't as much about filling a starters job this year as much as it is about adding youth, depth and grooming a stud for a future starters role. The Stewart pick would give us that quality #2 or even #1 back to compliment Willie and add power back into the Steeler running game equation. :yesnod:

MDSteel15
04-14-2008, 04:10 PM
It is a distinct possibility they could take him if he falls to #23. I wouldn't mind the pick as long as pick #53 was an O-lineman. I believe we could still get a quality O-lineman with pick 53. The O-line pick isn't as much about filling a starters job this year as much as it is about adding youth, depth and grooming a stud for a future starters role. The Stewart pick would give us that quality #2 or even #1 back to compliment Willie and add power back into the Steeler running game equation. :yesnod:

:yellowthumb:

Steelers7fan
04-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Albert will be a lot better pro than Williams. Mark it down now. Williams isnt aggressive enough. ALbert is the real deal.

My top wish list.

1.Albert (Wont be there though)
2.Jeff Otah
3.Kentwan Balmer
4.DR.Cromartie
5.Johnathan Stewart

Later on look at Kendall Langford, Lawrence Jackson, or the OLman McGlynn.