PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Davenport in court

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2008, 08:46 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08099/871356-66.stm?cmpid=HBEHTML

A woman who accused Steelers running back Najeh Davenport of domestic violence testified yesterday in Cleveland that he slapped and choked her and punched her stomach.

"And it wasn't until I heard somebody yelling, like, get off her, get off her, is what finally made him stop," Anita Person, the mother of Davenport's 5-year-old child, said in a courtroom.

Davenport is charged with misdemeanor domestic violence and child endangering. City prosecutors say he slammed Person to the ground, hit her and tried to choke her after he drove from Pittsburgh to Cleveland Oct. 4 to pick up his 5-year-old son for a weekend visit.

Person said Davenport had physically abused her on several occasions, at times more severely.

Davenport's attorney, Patrick D'Angelo, has said photos showed that Person had no marks on her face and neck.

If convicted, Davenport could face a jail sentence of 14 months and a suspension from the NFL.

According to police, Davenport threatened to keep the child. Person said Davenport drove off as she unbuckled the child's seat belt and then slapped and choked her and slammed her to the ground while she held the boy.

According to Davenport, Person became upset over his plans to seek custody, climbed into the back seat of his moving car, kneeled on his 2-year-old son and grabbed the 5-year-old, then scratched Davenport's face outside the car.

The 5-year-old sustained a swollen lip.

This one seems to be getting kinda ugly right now with everything she said that Najeh did to her; at this point it's her word against his and it will come down to who can present the best case to the judge but hopefully this all comes out in the wash and Najeh is able to move on. Everything we've ever seen about him doesn't indicate that he'd stand there and beat on a woman in front of his own kid :scratch: but I guess we'll see how it goes.

JensK
04-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Jesus... Is this some kind of new trend? Well, at least Devenport isnt gulity untill proven otherwise..

Captcoolhand
04-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Somebody will get payed and that will be the end of that.....

Dookie's has a history of doing some crazy **** where his Ex's are involved.:2cents:

TEEMONT
04-08-2008, 10:36 AM
What else has he done with his ex's? Other than crapping in a laundry basket, I haven't heard much from him.

BlackGold4vr
04-08-2008, 11:57 AM
For dogs you have obedience schools. It's not so easy to train a wife or girlfriend! Sometimes a little tough love is required. :boxing:

:chair: :whip1: :greenkick: :buttkick:

JUST KIDDING!

Next thing you know you won't be able to beat your kids either! What's this world coming to? :bluelol:

susielr
04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
For dogs you have obedience schools. It's not so easy to train a wife or girlfriend! Sometimes a little tough love is required. :boxing:

JUST KIDDING!

Next thing you know you won't be able to beat your kids either! What's this world coming to? :bluelol:

:hilarious:

Brady Quinn
04-08-2008, 12:13 PM
These guys are all a little crazy a little too much test.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2008, 01:10 PM

JUST KIDDING!

What are you talking about; you already can't beat your kids if the wrong person sees you :lol:

I haven't heard of his past history with violence either; I would think if it was that bad the team never would have signed him in the first place.

BlackGold4vr
04-08-2008, 01:16 PM
What are you talking about; you already can't beat your kids if the wrong person sees you :lol:

Can't slip nothing past you TG. You're as sharp as a golf ball! :hilarious:

:bitchslap:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2008, 01:32 PM
:tophat: I'm here every night, tell your friends and family :lol:

Silverback 92
04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
good luck 44

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2008, 05:58 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08100/871623-66.stm

Wednesday, April 09, 2008
By Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
CLEVELAND -- Two police officers testified yesterday that they couldn't determine who was the aggressor in a domestic-violence call Oct. 4 involving Steelers backup tailback Najeh Davenport and the mother of his 5-year-old son.

Lt. George Seroka and Sgt. Mark Shepard, supervising officers on duty in Cleveland's District 5, testified in Cleveland Municipal Court they observed no serious injuries that night to Anita Person, the mother of Najeh Davenport Jr. Shepard added that he felt Person received special attention in the case, which is scheduled to enter its fourth day of testimony today. The elder Davenport faces misdemeanor charges of domestic violence, child endangering and unlawful restraint.

Shepard said he was told by the court's public-information representative the next day that a warrant was issued for Davenport's arrest. However, Domestic Violence Unit Detective Cynthia Oliver later said on the stand that she began her investigation Oct. 5, the day Person first reported to the Cleveland prosecutor's office the morning after the incident. Oliver said she interviewed Davenport five days later, a day before charges were filed Oct. 11.

Picking up Najeh Jr. on Oct. 4 as part of their custody arrangement, Davenport told Person that he planned to seek full custody, according to police reports. He began to drive away in his SUV when Person opened the rear passenger-side door and jumped in to remove their son.

Another passenger in the SUV, Javonne Rankin of New Castle, who described herself as a friend of Davenport's, testified late yesterday that Person sat on Davenport's other son, Ali, 2, and he "screamed and gasped" when Person put her knee into the younger boy's chest while trying to corral Najeh Jr. Rankin said Davenport yelled, "Get off my son ... you're crazy," and she added that Person responded by saying, "I guess we're all going to Pittsburgh then."

Davenport then stopped the vehicle, Person got out holding Najeh Jr. in her arms, and Rankin said the parents began "tussling" on the sidewalk with the older boy between them.

Seroka, who was called later to the scene to take photographs of the parties involved, testified that he could detect scratch marks on Davenport's face and minor scratches on Person, though Shepard said he saw no injuries to Person.

"I had a real difficulty seeing any injury whatsoever," Seroka said. "She didn't say anything about pain."

The next day, Oliver took digital-camera photographs that she said showed "scratches, abrasions ... redness" on Person, who testified earlier that Davenport pushed her down on the sidewalk, punched and choked her.

Neither Seroka nor Shepard completed full interviews or the police report, they said. But they conferred at the scene with their officers who first responded and later wrote the reports.

"We came to the determination that we were going to write cross-referencing, domestic-violence reports," Seroka said, meaning a complaint by each party that the other was the aggressor. "And let the Domestic Violence Unit follow up. I could not say Najeh Davenport was the primary aggressor. We collectively made a determination that he wasn't going to be arrested that night."

He shouldn't have any problem getting over this issue with that kind of testimony from what is obvious (atleast from what I can see here) that the chick is some kinda freek show who's just looking for some cash.

steelersgal86
04-09-2008, 06:04 AM
He shouldn't have any problem getting over this issue with that kind of testimony from what is obvious (atleast from what I can see here) that the chick is some kinda freek show who's just looking for some cash.

:iagree: Wow, if this is true she is just a freak looking for some cash...just horrible that you have to get your kids involved...:nono:

floodcitygirl
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
WTF is wrong with parents who would put their children in a position to not only witness such a thing but be caught in it to get hurt?! Happens everyday. Be adults! Handle your business in private and if you can't, do it in the courts.

memphissteelergirl
04-09-2008, 11:03 AM
I agree with ya, fcg! Sounds like the adults have no more sense than their children.

TEEMONT
04-09-2008, 01:08 PM
WTF is wrong with parents who would put their children in a position to not only witness such a thing but be caught in it to get hurt?! Happens everyday. Be adults! Handle your business in private and if you can't, do it in the courts.

I blame it all on the chick, bitches are crazy...lol.

floodcitygirl
04-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I blame it all on the chick, bitches are crazy...lol.Hey Tee....:moon: lol

TEEMONT
04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Hey Tee....:moon: lol

Spend a little too much time in the tanning bed? That *** is red like a baboons.

floodcitygirl
04-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Spend a little too much time in the tanning bed? That *** is red like a baboons.I've heard that can happen. LOL!

TEEMONT
04-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Not guilty per KDKA.com text message.

Stlrs4Life
04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Got the same Teemont. Per kdka.com:

Steeler Najeh Davenport Found Not Guilty

CLEVELAND (KDKA) ― The jury in the trial of Steeler Najeh Davenport has found him not guilty on all counts.

He was accused of punching and slapping the mother of his child, Anita Person, last fall in Cleveland, Ohio.

Davenport took the witness stand today before the defense rested its case.

Stay with KDKA for a live report from Cleveland.

Captcoolhand
04-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Somebody will get payed and that will be the end of that.....

Like i said.......:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Yep got that text while we were out alittle bit ago, I was YEAH !!! and then everybody in the grocery store looked at me like I had 3 heads :lol:

Congrats to Davenport and hopefully he can move on now and put this behind him.

Koopa
04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Yep got that text while we were out alittle bit ago, I was YEAH !!! and then everybody in the grocery store looked at me like I had 3 heads :lol:

Congrats to Davenport and hopefully he can move on now and put this behind him.

lol, you act like this fag makes any sort of impact........ i was hoping he was guilty so he could get cut and then we can find a legit back up

K Train
04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
why all the hate? i get it for willie but i dont think willie is a legit starter more than i doubt davenport as being a legit backup lol. I think he plays a good role on this team, hes not the toughest dude ever but hes a good player

Koopa
04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
cause he's a ****ing bum, he never does anything that makes any sort of impact on the game...... plus i hate big dudes that are soft as ****