PDA

View Full Version : While The Steelers Sleep...

Steelerlyn
10-01-2006, 05:56 PM
..the Ravens are busy winning football games. 3 game lead in the AFC North. Hope New England can find something against Cincy as I don't relish having to chase 2 times all season long. Come on Tom Brady, yes I am a Pathetic Patsie fan this week.

:lol: :banana: :clap:

K Train
10-01-2006, 06:13 PM
..yes I am a Pathetic Patsie fan this week.
Me too....(ewww i didnt just say that)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Pats winning 14-6 right now going with 51 seconds left before halftime. Here't to the pats bringing down the Bungals !!!

Im not worried about the ratbirds, we play them twice this year and they'll lose more than a couple games besides that. They are coming into a tough stretch of their schedule with Denver, Carolina, New Orleans, Cincinnati, the Falcons, and us coming up. Besides the ratbird offense looked pathetic again this week. They haven't shown anything at all this year long, Steve McNair was once again average at best. The chargers had that game won but had 2 missed FG's that would have won them the game.

We'll have the ratbirds right where we want them on Christmas eve at Heinz Field so we'll dispatch them from our path when we play them. Remember divisional records are crucial for the playoff race and we play the majority of our divisional games in november and december !

Steelerlyn
10-01-2006, 06:42 PM
How can Brady not pull out a win for us, he has Hank Poteat and Chad Scott in the secondary.

:lol: :tt02: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :banana: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Yeah's there's a winning combination !! :hilarious:

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2006, 08:13 PM
The Pats completely dismantled the bengals today, the last I saw it was 38-13 and the network pulled the game off the air. This is one of the few tiems I was pulling for the patsies!

The Ravens got the W so they are now 4-0. I'm not too concerned about them because the Steelers play them twice still and as long as the Steelers can walk away with victories in those games then the Steelers are in good shape and will gain 2 games on the Ravens!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
The bengals losing today really helped out cause. We exposed their run defense and lack of consistent protection their OL gives Palmer. The Pats took it too em today in a big way !! This brings them back down to earth.

We'll take care of the ratbirds as will other teams. Their offense is too inept to allow them to do anything. Their defense spends all day on the field and they'll wear out over the season.

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Afte seeing part of the Bengals today their weaknesses have been really exposed now. The Steelers showed a glimpse of something and the Pats confimred today that their run defense flat out sucks! I think it's a matter of time before the bengals really start to slide.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Bellichek is a mastermind defensive guy. If you have any weakness at all, he'll find it.

When they came into Heinz and beat us a few years back, the players talked about watching film on us from 4 years ago to find out something to use against us !

Troyisabeast_43
10-02-2006, 01:22 AM
I agree there are still keep in mind 13 games left for us and as you said we have the Ravens twice late in the year which will give of an opportunity to catch them if there a game in front of us or tied by beating them head to head. And as you said they face a very tough stretch coming up here having to go to Denver next Monday night which is a game I think they will lose for sure,and then coming back 6 days later to face Carolina will not be an easy task as well. I agree SD should have beat them today, but in typical Marty ball fashion got way too conservative late and he ended up paying for it in the end. I do believe that if the Steelers win that game in SD it will get them on a roll and they will be right back in the thick of things here in the AFC North. The Steelers as far as Im concerned have 4 automatic wins still left on the schedule 2 with the Browns,Tampa,and the Raiders. I do think if we beat SD we most definitely beat the Chiefs here and then go down to Atlanta and win as well before beating Oakland. Its way too early to give up or write this team off there are too many games left and too many different scanerios with the Ravens and Bengals that still have to be played out as far as who they play and when.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2006, 01:45 AM
The ratbirds will continue to get full of themselves as they believe are something special and actually have a chance with McNair in there to make some noise in the playoffs. They have a habit of listening to the media tell them how great they are which always makes it even sweeter when they get their asses kicked !

This game will be interesting because BC has a habit of getting conservative at the end of games, as does his mentor Marty. It's one thing to have a big lead and then just run the ball the eat the clock, but it's another to have a small lead and then just sit there and go 3 and out series after series.

SteelersWoman
10-02-2006, 02:01 AM
Not only did the Pats win help US, it also wiped that smirk off the faces of CP, TJH, CJ, and ML which was worth it all. And to hear CP saying that maybe they were just too cocky and confident? Icing on the cake :cabbagepatch:

I REALLY think that they thought they were unbeatable. Did they NOT watch a replay of their game against us?? That should've put some fear into them, but no. They were too busy pattin themselves on the back to really look at how [poorly] they'd played in several areas.

They're in for a few more surprises down the line this season as well--I'm sure they just don't know it yet :bigthumb:

Steelerlyn
10-02-2006, 02:02 AM
McNair is still not comfortable in that offense. Having said that, the mental telepathy he has with Derrick Mason is impressive. It is a race to see if he gets the offense down before the yearly sports hernia/ankle/shoulder/back/sterum problems revisit.

Ray Lewis continues to comfortably hold onto his 'Most Overrated Linebacker In The NFL' title. He's average at best at this point in his career. Bart is
the best LB on that team.

Jamal Lewis continues his Eddie George like slide to retirement. Musa Smith is a much more impressive runner.

Based purely on the performances I have seen so far from the North, I do not feel the Steelers are as they appear in the stats. It is only Week 4.
-The Browns did win today
-Those guys that actually think they have something going on out of Cincy found out today what it like to play a real football team
-The Ratbirds will go as far as McNair's body will take them, I give them another month.