PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Announce 2008 Preseason Schedule

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Steelers Announce 2008 Preseason Schedule

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers will play four preseason games this summer including two games at Heinz Field, a nationally televised road game and game in Toronto for the first time in nearly 50 years.

The Steelers will kickoff their preseason schedule at home against the Philadelphia Eagles. This summer will mark the sixth consecutive preseason that the Steelers will play the Eagles and the third time that the cross-state rivals will play at Heinz Field. The time and date for the game has yet to be finalized.

The Steelers will travel to Toronto to play the Buffalo Bills on Thursday, Aug. 14 at 7:30 p.m. The game will mark the first time since Aug. 3, 1960 that the Steelers played a game in Toronto. That game resulted in a 43-16 Steelers win over the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

CBS will broadcast Pittsburgh’s lone nationally televised preseason game on Saturday, Aug. 23 at 8 p.m. versus the Minnesota Vikings. It will be the Steelers’ first preseason contest at Minnesota since 2001.

The Steelers’ final preseason home game will take place against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday, Aug. 28. The exact time for kickoff has yet to be finalized. The game will mark the 10th time in the past 12 years that the Panthers and Steelers will play in the preseason and the eighth time they will conclude their preseason schedule against one another.
~Steelers.com

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
It will be nice to get a glimpse of our D against Adrian Peterson on National TV.

AZ_Steeler
04-03-2008, 06:19 PM
It seems like the Eagles and Panthers are permanent fixtures in the Steelers pre-season schedule now :dunno:

K Train
04-03-2008, 06:27 PM
thats weird, eagles are usually the 3rd game

AZ_Steeler
04-03-2008, 06:33 PM
thats weird, eagles are usually the 3rd game

It was game #4 last year but in your defense the Steelers did play in the HOF game :bigthumb:

steelmann58
04-03-2008, 09:54 PM
reg season schedule when?

K Train
04-03-2008, 10:01 PM
It was game #4 last year but in your defense the Steelers did play in the HOF game :bigthumb:

lol i meant the important game were starters play most of it.....which was game 4 last year

BlitzburghRockCity
04-03-2008, 10:14 PM

That usually comes out late April or early May.

Yeah the Panthers and Eagles seem to be on our list every year for some reason but hey it's preseason so as long as we get through it healthy and get the starters some good work each week I'll be content.

Captcoolhand
04-05-2008, 07:45 PM
It seems like the Eagles and Panthers are permanent fixtures in the Steelers pre-season schedule now :dunno:I was reading about that today that it was easier on traveling for these 2 teams.
Also I read that the Bills will play all of their home games in Canada this year so it's not really consider an out-of-country game.

SteelCityMan786
04-05-2008, 07:49 PM

Before the draft. The Regular Season was supposed to be announced on Thursday. But it's being delayed.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Before the draft. The Regular Season was supposed to be announced on Thursday. But it's being delayed.

I thought they usually announced it later in April or sometimes early May :scratch:

I've never been to a preseason game in Pittsburgh, only regular season games, I'd like to check on out just to get a good look at the young guys since most times they aren't on national TV.

susielr
04-09-2008, 09:17 AM

:cursin: Did they say why it was delayed? I am on the edge of my seat needing to know when the game is in Nashville. Then at least I know when I am going south for the weekend!! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
04-10-2008, 10:15 PM
:cursin: Did they say why it was delayed? I am on the edge of my seat needing to know when the game is in Nashville. Then at least I know when I am going south for the weekend!! :tt02:

No, but I'm guess it's some of the snafu's from last year.