PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin high on Dallas Baker

K Train
03-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Dallas Baker, a seventh-round pick last year, impressed the coaches as a member of the practice squad. "He made plays on a daily basis (in practice) that raised some eyebrows," Tomlin said of the 6-3, 206-pound Baker. "Of course, that's not making plays in stadiums, but it's something to be somewhat excited about along with the rest of the young guys."

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

it would be nice....someone with the name "the touchdown maker" SHOULD be on an active roster somewhere

Brady Quinn
03-31-2008, 08:23 PM
I thoroughly agree

Black@Gold Forever32
03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
I was high on Baker for a 7th round pick...Never expected him to be a super star but if the could develop into a solid number 3 or 4 WR then thats all you can ask from a 7th rounder...

Stairwayto7
03-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Nice Sig Brady!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-31-2008, 09:15 PM
I was high on Baker for a 7th round pick...Never expected him to be a super star but if the could develop into a solid number 3 or 4 WR then thats all you can ask from a 7th rounder...

Yeah I was real happy when we drafted him, I thought he'd be able to compete for that 3rd spot if given some time to develop. I'd really like to see get some playing time this year.

kgreen
03-31-2008, 09:22 PM
I really hope Baker does well. I was really happy when we drafted him last year, but he never did anything because he was on the Practice Squad.

Koopa
03-31-2008, 09:38 PM
dallas baker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cedric wilson

so if dallas makes the team it will be a huge upgrade just cause wilson was a women beating bum

portcityblackandgold
03-31-2008, 09:39 PM
All my Gator contacts tell me that Dallas Baker is the TRUTH. Good riddance to Ced and hello to the TOUCHDOWN MAKER.

NOVA STEELERS
03-31-2008, 09:44 PM
:bigthumb: with cedric the entertainer out, opens the door wide for D Baker :bigthumb:

steelmann58
03-31-2008, 10:39 PM
i hope Baker makes a good impression and wins a spot

steelcitysfinestXL
03-31-2008, 11:23 PM
I dont see Baker having any problem making it to our 4th wide out... a 6'3'' 205 this dude would be that "big wr" Ben wants and he is on the roster at dirt cheap price!! The dude caught 10 tds in his senior year on a national championship team and graduated so he shined talent at a top college and earned a degree so he isnt just a tackling dumbie!!! GE HIM ON THE FIELD MIKE!!!!!

MDSteel15
04-01-2008, 12:02 AM
He doesn't get on the field because he can't run routes just like every other WR to come out of Florida. I hope he learns to because he does have great athletic ability and nice hands.

black an gold 4 life
04-01-2008, 12:40 AM
I thoroughly agree
why do yaw put up with these gay azzzzzzzzz cleveland fans? this was not funny it's sick an it could only come from an browns fan, anyways baker hopefully has his stuff 2gether this year an should make an impact

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
I really Haven't seen much of D baker to make an opinion of him, just hope he's better than Fred Gibson.We definately could use some more playmakers on the field.Here's a good chance for these no name recievers to really step up.

K Train
04-01-2008, 04:57 PM
why do yaw put up with these gay azzzzzzzzz cleveland fans? this was not funny it's sick an it could only come from an browns fan, anyways baker hopefully has his stuff 2gether this year an should make an impact

i really really hate you

V_83
04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
i really really hate you

:iagree: Whew, that's good to know. I thought it was just me.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-01-2008, 06:59 PM

Another great insightful post by you......:lol: For real when I think somebody can't get any dumber....they do.....:lol:

DIESELMAN
04-01-2008, 07:33 PM
He doesn't get on the field because he can't run routes just like every other WR to come out of Florida. I hope he learns to because he does have great athletic ability and nice hands.
As long as we got Hines to show him the route running, he'll be fine with learning the routes. His physical qualities and ability will push him to the next level.

steelcityrockers
04-01-2008, 07:59 PM

Uh....yeah. That is correct. He isn't a blazer either. If he could learn to run a route he be a decent, but replacable, backup/posession receiver.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Uh....yeah. That is correct. He isn't a blazer either. If he could learn to run a route he be a decent, but replacable, backup/posession receiver.

As a 7th rounder thats all we can ask?....right.....:yellowthumb:

MDSteel15
04-01-2008, 10:40 PM
As a 7th rounder thats all we can ask?....right.....:yellowthumb:

Exactly... He doesn't have to be a blazer, SteelCity. A lot of great recievers were not super fast but ran great routes. Example.... Hines Ward :yellowthumb:

stlrbum
04-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Exactly... He doesn't have to be a blazer, SteelCity. A lot of great recievers were not super fast but ran great routes. Example.... Hines Ward :yellowthumb:
I was thinking the exact same thing! I am pulling for Baker. I have some money tied up in his football cards so I hoping for a good return on that investment.

steelcityrockers
04-02-2008, 06:06 PM

But he dosen't run routes well at all....like al Florida receivers. He is also soft. And he does not like to block.

K Train
04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
But he dosen't run routes well at all....like al Florida receivers. He is also soft. And he does not like to block.

thats why he was picked so late....all WRs become excellent blockers on this team, its just a trait we carry, even little tiny santonio and nate are beast blockers....we made plaxico into a beast blocker and he was a bitch

TEEMONT
04-02-2008, 06:39 PM

All Florida WR's is a pretty broad statement. I don't mind the way Javin Walker runs his routes. Jabar Gaffney, got unlucky to be buried under Welker and Moss in ME, IMO. Darrel Jackson almost killed us in the SB with his precise short routes.

Other than that.....yeah they all suck.

And he doesnt have to LIKE to block, I'm sure Santonio doesnt like it, but he does it anyways. That guy named Hines sets a precedent. Hell I'm pretty sure blocking was the only good thing Ced Wilson did when he was here. He probably used a Hines Ward head-slap on that chick he hit.

MDSteel15
04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=TEEMONT;196894]All Florida WR's is a pretty broad statement. I don't mind the way Javin Walker runs his routes. Jabar Gaffney, got unlucky to be buried under Welker and Moss in ME, IMO. Darrel Jackson almost killed us in the SB with his precise short routes.QUOTE]

Not really, he was already there and couldn't do shiat before they came in...

And who is Javin Walker? Oh, Javon... sorry

Black@Gold Forever32
04-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Walker went to Florida State though....He wasn't a Gator....

MDSteel15
04-02-2008, 09:41 PM

LOL..... nice catch, I didn't even pay attention to that.

TEEMONT
04-02-2008, 11:38 PM

heh....I dunno why I thought he was a Gator.

My bad.

even so, with guys like Danny Wuerffel throwing the ball to them, all Gatros can't be ****** route runners.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-02-2008, 11:45 PM

My bad.

even so, with guys like Danny Wuerffel throwing the ball to them, all Gatros can't be shiatty route runners.

No problem.......I'm just an *** like that....:lol:

TEEMONT
04-02-2008, 11:47 PM
No problem.......I'm just an *** like that....:lol:

its all good...my best friend is an FSU nut, he would be ashamed.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-02-2008, 11:49 PM
its all good...my best friend is an FSU nut, he would be ashamed.

Just don't tell him......then he will never know....:lol: But I'm still an ***....lol

TEEMONT
04-02-2008, 11:51 PM
But I'm still an ***....lol
goes without saying.

K Train
04-03-2008, 12:18 AM
in his defense, urban meyers system would ruin most WRs chance of being an adaquate pro

TEEMONT
04-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Did he coach Baker though?

K Train
04-03-2008, 12:42 AM
obviously

TEEMONT
04-03-2008, 01:45 AM
I couldnt remember how long Meyer had been at UF. Only two years with Baker. Not enough time to ruin him.

steelcityrockers
04-03-2008, 07:47 PM
No. It is plenty. Percy Harvin has a chance only because he has return ability.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

My bad.

even so, with guys like Danny Wuerffel throwing the ball to them, all Gatros can't be shiatty route runners.

Should have specified. Urban Meyer's system destroys WR's in ters of pro ability.