PDA

View Full Version : Steelers will not get any Compensatory picks

Stlrs4Life
03-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Steelers won't get extra draft pick
Monday, March 31, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- As expected, the Steelers received no extra draft choices when the NFL released its list of compensatory picks today.

The compensatory picks are issued based on a complicated formula that takes into account what teams lost in free agency last year compared to what they acquired.

The Steelers lost little in free agency and signed, for one, starting center Sean Mahan. They did not expect to receive any extra picks and will have six picks entering the April 26-27 draft -- one in each of the first six rounds. They traded their seventh-round pick for punt returner Allen Rossum, who they released in February.

Cincinnati and Baltimore were the main recipients of compensatory picks among the four AFC North Division teams. Cincinnati received four extra picks -- one in the third, one in the sixth and two in the seventh. Baltimore received three draft choices -- one each in the third, fourth and sixth rounds.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Damn, the Ratbirds picked up an extra 3rd and 4th round picks...I'd love to have those :evilshake:

Losing a 7th round pick isn't that big of a loss, except that we traded it away to get Rossum who did jack for us last year. We should make out pretty good next year with losing Haggans and Faneca to FA.

kgreen
03-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Damn, the Ratbirds picked up an extra 3rd and 4th round picks...I'd love to have those :evilshake:

Losing a 7th round pick isn't that big of a loss, except that we traded it away to get Rossum who did jack for us last year. We should make out pretty good next year with losing Haggans and Faneca to FA.

Addition by subtraction. It really works!:tt02:

steelcitysfinestXL
03-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Steelers won't get extra draft pick
Monday, March 31, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
PALM BEACH, Fla. -- As expected, the Steelers received no extra draft choices when the NFL released its list of compensatory picks today.

The compensatory picks are issued based on a complicated formula that takes into account what teams lost in free agency last year compared to what they acquired.

The Steelers lost little in free agency and signed, for one, starting center Sean Mahan. They did not expect to receive any extra picks and will have six picks entering the April 26-27 draft -- one in each of the first six rounds. They traded their seventh-round pick for punt return Allen Rossum, whom they released in February.

Cincinnati and Baltimore were the main recipients of compensatory picks among the four AFC North Division teams. Cincinnat received four extra picks -- one in the third, sixth and two in the seventh. Baltimore received four draft choices -- one each in the third, fourth, sixth and seventh rounds.

Mahan boned us every way possible....:banging:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
sorry this was arlready posted in the "War Room" where it belongs... apologies

DIESELMAN
04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
We might get maybe a 3rd rounder next year. Once Haggans signed with Arizona, that put us over the top as far as losing FA's. When formulating comp picks, net contract dollars is a big factor, Faneca's signing wasn't enough until Haggans signed, minimum wage contracts and street free agents don't count.

V_83
04-01-2008, 10:14 AM

You're not the only one, those would definitely help us out.

MillerTime83
04-02-2008, 01:17 AM
I was wishing for some kind of extra picks because I would really like a couple of guys with round 3 grades on them.

Ray Rice
Dexter Jackson
Lavelle Hawkins
Kendall Langford