PDA

View Full Version : Big 3 for Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2006, 01:46 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_472978.html

Give Willie Reid serious consideration as a punt returner

How do the Steelers improve their punt return game? Two words: Willie Reid. The Steelers drafted the Florida State speedster for a reason, and his forte is returning punts. The Steelers have to make dramatic improvement in that area, and it's time to give Reid a shot.

Clear their heads and get rested

The Steelers practiced just twice last week, as coach Bill Cowher said they have to take advantage of the bye week. The light week and a long weekend are probably the best thing for a team that has key players such as safety Troy Polamalu (shoulder) and wide receiver Hines Ward (hamstring) nursing nagging injuries.

Get Ben Roethlisberger and his wide receivers plenty of work

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and his receivers are still trying to find their way as evidenced by a backup running back (Verron Haynes) leading the team in receptions. Roethlisberger and the wideouts will get plenty of work together this week, and the Steelers are hoping that translates into marked improvement in the passing game at San Diego.

Nothing we haven't gone over many times here amongst ourselves but maybe if we talk about it enough, it'll happen. :lol:

Prosdo
10-01-2006, 03:02 AM
That pretty much sums it up right there. That is they key to turning this all around.

Captcoolhand
10-01-2006, 06:54 AM
IMO. Our WR need the most work. If they just learn to hold on to the damn ball. I think they should line them all up in front of an automatic passing machine and crack it up to about 80-100 mph and tell them if they drop the ball that's another day cleaning showers after practice:yesnod:
Seriously, Something's got to be done.:stirpot:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2006, 11:45 AM
The WR's need to hold onto the damn ball, Ben needs to throw the damn ball so they can catch it, and Coc needs to stay off the damn field completely !

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-01-2006, 12:13 PM
The WR's need to hold onto the damn ball, Ben needs to throw the damn ball so they can catch it, and Coc needs to stay off the damn field completely !

The WR's will catch the ball. Ben will come around. This I'm certain of. Coc staying off the field. Barring an unfortunate injuyry. I just do not see this happening.

Blitzburgh55
10-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Are Recviers need to start catching the ball

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2006, 07:11 PM
I would had one more bullet to this and that is Ben to get some confidence back in him. He has been second guessing about ever passs he has attemtped and has been double pumping a lot! Those are signs of an indecisive QB and oen that hasn't been playing much early in the season. Other than that the other 3 items are some no shitters! :)

I really think all of these media outlets are hanging out on the board getting material to write because we have all beat these topcis to death and now some newspaper writes about it :dunno: We'll have to start copy-writing all of our material ;)

PITT23
10-01-2006, 08:48 PM
I dont blame the WR's dropping most of the balls thrown to them because Ben has been hanging them out to dry. Throwing high or behind them and DB's smacking them isn't good.