PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Sign Eason

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-27-2008, 04:52 PM
PITTSBURGH The Pittsburgh Steelers signed defensive end Nick Eason to a two-year contract, it was announced today. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Eason (6-3, 305) will be entering his sixth year in NFL and second season with the Steelers after originally signing with the team as an unrestricted free agent on April 16, 2007. Prior to joining the Steelers, Eason spent three seasons with the Cleveland Browns (2004-2006) and one season with the Denver Broncos (2003).

Eason has played in 46 career games, including 16 with the Steelers, and has made four starts (one with Pittsburgh). He played in all 16 games in 2007 for the Steelers and made one start at left end in place of the injured Aaron Smith.

~www.Steelers.com

Stlrs4Life
03-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, hopefully he is only there fo depth. Come draft time you can bet we pick a DL. This also means we didn't sign Booger.

steelcityrockers
03-27-2008, 05:12 PM
I hate this guy more than I hate Kirschke.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-27-2008, 05:17 PM
This is a depth signing and nothing more. Eason had a chance to show what he's got last year when Smith went down and he did virtually nothing. Wouldn't surprise me if a draft pick beats him out come training camp.

steelcityrockers
03-27-2008, 05:20 PM
He (and Kirschke for tha matter) were so bad that I wouldn't even consider them for depth or camp fodder. Easily the worst players on the team.

black an gold 4 life
03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
He (and Kirschke for tha matter) were so bad that I wouldn't even consider them for depth or camp fodder. Easily the worst players on the team.
i agree i understand why they did it but we must be desperate,he an kirschke r bums, we really have 2 have an good draft this year we need quality depth on both sides of the ball,man :cursin: this does not hold well 4 us:cursin:

BlackGold4vr
03-27-2008, 06:27 PM
During the last few games when Aaron Smith was out, I tried to catch Eason's number but never had enough time to catch it before he was on his back. I don't think a 2 dollar whore could get on their back any faster than Eason does. :lol:

He came from the Browns......nuf said!

:brownssuck:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-27-2008, 07:47 PM
During the last few games when Aaron Smith was out, I tried to catch Eason's number but never had enough time to catch it before he was on his back. I don't think a 2 dollar whore could get on their back any faster than Eason does. :lol:

It's probably better that we resigned him, I'm sure he'd like another chance to make the team before we cut him and the Browns pick him up :lol:

yinzer
03-27-2008, 08:18 PM

he wore #90. it was very hard to see when an opposing running back had his foot easily planted on kirschke's chest. eason wore #93.

K Train
03-27-2008, 08:47 PM
hes a ****tard

steelerfan11
03-27-2008, 10:38 PM
anyone think we might be able to get Trevor Laws...this kid has a motor that doesn't stop and can play multiple positions on the DL. He is 6'1" 296 lbs. he is undersized but he also lead Notre Dame in tackles with 112 last season.

K Train
03-27-2008, 10:49 PM
laws would die before he would fail....thats the kind of player he is, gives it everything hes got on every play....you know how hard it is for a DE in a 34 to lead a team in tackles and get voted team mvp? thats a posotion that gets small numbers and no respect

steelcityrockers
03-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Trevor Laws is badass. I would love to get him. People knock him for his size but he is only 1/2 inch shorter than Dorsey and taller than Ellis. I would be ecstatic if someway, somehow we got him in th 3rd round.

steelerfan11
03-27-2008, 10:58 PM
I have seen mocks of him as high as the first round...i don't see that happening though. (someone must have been smoking something making that mock...imo) I only asked to see what some of you guys thought. I am a Notre Dame so i am biased, but i would still love to have him in the Steelers uniform.

K Train
03-27-2008, 11:04 PM
yeah well **** the irish but i would take him, he could probably be a SOLID backup at all the spots on the dline and make some plays doing it

steelcityrockers
03-28-2008, 04:45 PM
He would probably take over for Aaron Smith when he goes if they stick with the 34 or start at tackle if/when they shift to a Cover-2.

Ambridge
03-31-2008, 02:40 PM
yeah well **** the irish but i would take him, he could probably be a SOLID backup at all the spots on the dline and make some plays doing it

I agree......**** the Irish and was happy to see them and Charlie fall on their faces last year but Trevor Laws was pretty much the only bright spot on the entire Notre Dame roster last season.
He doesn't know the meaning of taking plays off and comes full tilt on every snap of the ball.
He would be a STEAL if he dropped in the Steelers lap.

PS-Nick Eason is a B-U-M!!

steelmann58
03-31-2008, 11:01 PM
laws or Bryant would be nice additions as well as langford