PDA

View Full Version : My Dream Draft

BlackGold4vr
03-26-2008, 11:04 AM
After much thought and consideration of free agent aquisitions I have compiled what I would consider a perfect draft IMO.

1. Branden Albert, OG, 6'6, 320 lbs., Virginia - Pick 23
2. Limas Sweed, WR, 6'5, 220 lbs., Texas - Pick 54
3. Mike McGlynn, OT, 6'4, 315 lbs., Pitt - Pick 85
4. Kendall Langford, DE, 6'5, 297 lbs., Hampton - Pick 116
5. Jameel McClain, OLB, 6'1, 253 lbs., Syracuse - Pick 147
6. Jamie Silva, S, 5'11, 209 lbs., Boston College - Pick 178

Undrafted Free Agents

1. Doug Legursky, C, 6'3, 311 lbs., Marshall

If our draft board looked anything close to this I would be break dancing on my living room floor! :banana:

Feel free to put your own twist on things.

K Train
03-26-2008, 05:17 PM
mcglynn is a joke and sweed will go in the top 20

albert and langford look ok, but the rest is a joke and legursky wont go undrafted

Koopa
03-26-2008, 05:23 PM
sweed is a joke

there fixed :lol:

K Train
03-26-2008, 07:11 PM
why dont you like him again? because he wore RWs number ? lol all he reall did was make plays and his speed was a question but he had a great time at the combine, hes a boom or bust agreed, but im leaning closer to being like roy williams more than i am to him being closer to mike williams

BlackGold4vr
03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
mcglynn is a joke and sweed will go in the top 20

albert and langford look ok, but the rest is a joke and legursky wont go undrafted

My whole list was prefaced off of the scout.com draft rankings and who would be available in the general area of where our picks fall. Of course an ideal list would have 1st round quality players at every pick but that isn't very realistic.

K Train
03-26-2008, 07:33 PM
but there are better players than the ones you picked at their positions that will be drafted around the same time. its hard to come up with one of these but to say ou would start breakdancing with some of these bums is a scary thought lol

BlackGold4vr
03-26-2008, 07:47 PM
but there are better players than the ones you picked at their positions that will be drafted around the same time. its hard to come up with one of these but to say ou would start breakdancing with some of these bums is a scary thought lol

The only questionable picks would be McGlynn and McClain. I like the rest of the picks and they would all fill needs.

OL
DE
WR
S

Blitzburghpete
03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Hines Ward, S Holmes, Nate Washington...... i don't rate WR as high on our needs myself. Maybe a late round choice but first picks should be

OG
OT
then
OG
OT !!!!

NONE of the line impressed last year apart from Wille Colon on occasion. I thin the whole line needs a revamp!

K Train
03-26-2008, 08:01 PM
WR is a pretty big need, ward is old and dying

If we took a guard, a tackle, a DE and a WR in the first 4 rounds i would say mission accomplished, BUT they have to be absolute quality.

Albert
benedict
Hawkins
langford

would be ideal imo

MDSteel15
03-26-2008, 08:05 PM

If we took a guard, a tackle, a DE and a WR in the first 4 rounds i would say mission accomplished, BUT they have to be absolute quality.

Albert
Benedict
Hawkins
Langford

would be ideal imo

Train, you trade out Jordy Nelson for Hawkins and I could easily live with this! Even though I am still not completely sold on the 2 small school guys until I see them in action....

Koopa
03-26-2008, 09:04 PM
why dont you like him again? because he wore RWs number ? lol all he reall did was make plays and his speed was a question but he had a great time at the combine, hes a boom or bust agreed, but im leaning closer to being like roy williams more than i am to him being closer to mike williams

then you didn't see him his freshman and most of his sophomore year, he was the anti play, last year was his only real good season, and this year he got hurt.........

Black@Gold Forever32
03-26-2008, 10:38 PM

Albert
benedict
Hawkins
langford

would be ideal imo

I would have no problems with that draft.....Don't know if Benedict is a legit OT at the NFL level....Some say he is better suited for OG......But I won't be mad at all if those four are drafted....Don't think Langford will be there in the 4th but like you said that would be ideal....Hawkins is a baller.....So like that pick a ton...

K Train
03-26-2008, 11:09 PM
i really think benedict is gonna be dominate, he might play guard but hes a guy you can have faith hes gonna be able to play RT at a high level. he might be more of a project for a year but hes got everything you look for. i think the only way we take albert is if they really think he can eventually move to tackle, which i think he can, hes got great size and strength but its his long arms, agility and lateral movement that makes him special

Black@Gold Forever32
03-26-2008, 11:33 PM
i really think benedict is gonna be dominate, he might play guard but hes a guy you can have faith hes gonna be able to play RT at a high level. he might be more of a project for a year but hes got everything you look for. i think the only way we take albert is if they really think he can eventually move to tackle, which i think he can, hes got great size and strength but its his long arms, agility and lateral movement that makes him special

I hear you train.......I wouldn't mind Benedict at all....He has talent....As for Albert I would settle for him just being a dominate OG....If he can play OT then great.....

K Train
03-26-2008, 11:45 PM
i just think hes a major sleeper

Black@Gold Forever32
03-26-2008, 11:46 PM
i just think hes a major sleeper

I agree....Like I said I think he has talent...

seth_westover
03-27-2008, 02:31 AM
unfortunatly we will never find out how good he could have been! i read online that they found him dead! really sad story! he had tons of potential! R.I.P. Heath