PDA

View Full Version : Steelers host three free agent prospects

Captcoolhand
03-25-2008, 04:33 PM
The Steelers are meeting with free-agent defensive tackle Anthony "Booger" McFarland as well as three college prospects today at their South Side facility.
In addition to McFarland, linebackers Shawn Crable of Michigan and Jerod Mayo of Tennessee and running back Ryan Torain of Arizona State are visiting with the team.
The Steelers met individually with cornerback Aqib Talib of Kansas and defensive linemen Dre Moore of Maryland and Keilen Dykes of West Virginia last week.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is familiar with McFarland, 30, from their time together with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
The 6-0, 300-pounder played for the Buccaneers from 1999-2006. Traded to the Colts during the 2006 season, McFarland missed all of last season after suffering serious knee injury in August.
The Colts released him at the end of last month after McFarland failed a physical.
In other Steelers new, the team officially announced the signing of center Justin Hartwig to a two-year contract.
The 6-4, 312-pound Hartwig's deal is worth as much as $3.725 million. McFarland is all done.

AZ_Steeler
03-25-2008, 04:36 PM
:sleepy:

K Train
03-25-2008, 05:58 PM
i like moore and crable

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2008, 05:58 PM
McFarland would come real cheap if the team was interested in some veteran depth to help teach the young guys and to fill in during the rotation. Coming off the big time knee injury though passing the physical again plus showing you have something left in the tank is going to be tough for him.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-25-2008, 06:01 PM
i like moore and crable

Crable is going to be a good player....

DIESELMAN
03-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Whats up with bringing in these old, just getting over a injury last season players? He can't do anything, that Aaron Smith won't be able to do as far as experience goes. I sure hope Tomlin isn't considering bringing McFarland on board. We just freed up some cap money that should be saved for the rookies.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't want McFarland at all....

Captcoolhand
03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Whats up with bringing in these old, just getting over a injury last season players? He can't do anything, that Aaron Smith won't be able to do as far as experience goes. I sure hope Tomlin isn't considering bringing McFarland on board. We just freed up some cap money that should be saved for the rookies.
Bringing in Farland is just that, a 1 yr fill to help out both for him(his way out the door) and team. save the Cabbage for a Rookie.:yellowthumb:

yinzer
03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
if we sign a guy who failed a physical, i'll flip! why are we even entertaining the thought of this??? :scratch:

MDSteel15
03-25-2008, 11:29 PM
i like moore and crable

DITTO

BlitzburghRockCity
03-28-2008, 07:08 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08088/868658-66.stm?cmpid=HBEHTML

The five college prospects who paid visits to the Steelers training complex yesterday were Boston College offensive tackle Gosder Chrilus, Texas A&M defensive lineman Red Bryant, Kansas fullback Brandon McAnderson, Michigan State running back Jehuu Caulcrick and Hampton defensive end Kendall Langford.

Could you imagine if Cherlius would be in the Black n Gold.. :thud: oh man that would be friggin awesome! At this point if this team doesn't take a DE on day 1 though I'm going to throw a fit. You can sign all the Kirschke's and Eason's you want but it doesn't change the fact that we have nobody with any considerable talent behind the starters.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-28-2008, 05:01 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08088/868658-66.stm?cmpid=HBEHTML

Could you imagine if Cherlius would be in the Black n Gold.. :thud: oh man that would be friggin awesome! At this point if this team doesn't take a DE on day 1 though I'm going to throw a fit. You can sign all the Kirschke's and Eason's you want but it doesn't change the fact that we have nobody with any considerable talent behind the starters.

you got that right, i couldn't believe how our D fell apart after Aaron Smith went down last season, I hope he comes back 100% this year.

BR7
03-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Crable is going to be a good player....

Of course he is.. He's from THEEE University of Michigan