PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Pro Day

Black@Gold Forever32
03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Morris, Legursky Show Skills at Pro Day
Posted: 5:41 PM Mar 24, 2008
Paul Gessler
Email Address: Paul.Gessler@wsaz.com

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Three NFL teams were represented Friday at Joan C. Edwards Stadium for Marshall University's "Pro Day."

The Jaguars, Steelers and Colts all had representatives present to watch the Herd's top two standouts, quarterback/athlete Bernard Morris and center Doug Legursky.

"It's always good especially when a coach knows your name instead of calling you by your number," Morris said, following a good workout.

A handful of other former Marshall players worked out for the scouts.

Beckley, W.Va., native Legursky is listed as 6'3'', 311 pounds on Marshall's Web site. He is projected as a 5th round draft choice by nfldraftscout.com.

"I think i'm just a hard worker," Legursky said. "I keep my nose clean and stay out of trouble -- knock on wood."

Linebacker Josh Johnson worked out Friday, but was arrested early Sunday morning in Huntington, W.Va., on a traffic violation.

Johnson left the Marshall football program in February and declared himself eligible for the NFL draft.

The 2008 NFL Draft is April 26-27 in New York City.
http://www.wsaz.com/sports/headlines/16963541.html

I don't think a center will be drafted since Hartwig was signed....But Legursky is still my guy....They him have projected as a 5th rounder in this article...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah I think it's probably safe to assume we won't take a Center. With Stapleton, Hartwig, and Mahan all capable of playing the position...well not so much Mahan :lol: they would have to be thinking of releasing one of those guys currently on the roster to warrant that decision IMO. Stapleton is really going to have to show something to make the roster this year because Mahan will end up being the prime backup to Center/Guard when it's all said and done.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
03-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Mahan sucks at center. Stapleton isnt the answer. and i dont even know about Hartwig. Id rather draft a really good center like Legursky instead of signing crappy center in FA every year it needs to stop.